No Word Yet

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whitemamba

No Word Yet

Postby whitemamba » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 pm

I've heard no word yet from a lot of schools I applied to, notwithstanding the perfunctory acknowledgement that my application is complete. I applied to all of them between December 9-12, all regular decision. It's been two months. Is this a good or bad omen that I've survived this long?

Cheers,

The Mamba

porch

Re: No Word Yet

Postby porch » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:01 am

whitemamba wrote:I've heard no word yet from a lot of schools I applied to, notwithstanding the perfunctory acknowledgement that my application is complete. I applied to all of them between December 9-12, all regular decision. It's been two months. Is this a good or bad omen that I've survived this long?

Cheers,

The Mamba

The white Mamba? Scal himself? that should be an extraordinary Soft. Probably just deciding to offer a full scholly or YP you.

atay

Postby atay » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:09 am

Where did you apply?

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 am

without knowing what specific schools you're talking about nobody has any idea. it's different for every school.

whitemamba

Postby whitemamba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 am

I applied to Stanford, NYU, Duke, Georgetown, U.C Hastings, U.C Davis, B.C

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 am

whitemamba wrote:I applied to Stanford, NYU, Duke, Georgetown, U.C Hastings, U.C Davis, B.C

It's not a real good sign that you haven't heard anything from NYU/GULC. You're not necessarily out at Duke but it doesn't seem like they admit many non-PT anyway so I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

Idk anything about any of the others because I didn't apply to them.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:46 am

whitemamba wrote:I got into Indiana-Bloomington and I'm thinking of going. I was just wondering what the job prospects are for a student coming out of Indiana. The school seems well-ranked, but it has no name recognition.

You're confused or trolling or both.

alawstudentsometime

Postby alawstudentsometime » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 am

dproduct wrote:
whitemamba wrote:I got into Indiana-Bloomington and I'm thinking of going. I was just wondering what the job prospects are for a student coming out of Indiana. The school seems well-ranked, but it has no name recognition.

original post says the mamba hasn't heard from "a lot of" the schools to which she applied. not none.

i feel your pain. it's been a month and only one acceptance. in another month i'll be pulling out hair. and i only applied to schools where i was accepted two years ago! /whine/

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 am

alawstudentsometime wrote:
dproduct wrote:

original post says the mamba hasn't heard from "a lot of" the schools to which she applied. not none.

i feel your pain. it's been a month and only one acceptance. in another month i'll be pulling out hair. and i only applied to schools where i was accepted two years ago! /whine/

Yeah, don't worry, Dproduct interpreted the post exactly right. OP is either confused or trolling.

alawstudentsometime

Postby alawstudentsometime » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 am

Micdiddy wrote:
alawstudentsometime wrote:
dproduct wrote:

Yeah, don't worry, Dproduct interpreted the post exactly right. OP is either confused or trolling.

Are you saying s/he's misstating facts about IUB? I'm confused too--know nothing about that school. But bored.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 am

alawstudentsometime wrote:Are you saying s/he's misstating facts about IUB? I'm confused too--know nothing about that school. But bored.

OP also stated he applied to SLS, NYU, Duke. I don't know his numbers, so the OP is nuts either for thinking about going to IUB when he is competitive for the T14 or for applying to the T14 when those schools are not even remotely realistic options.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 am

I didn't hear back from NYU until May, when I got waitlisted, and then again in August.
Columbia didn't inform me of their rejection until May either.

Chill. It's still early days

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

So then you just really hate Yale?

NonTradJBW

Postby NonTradJBW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm in the same boat. I applied on December 15th and I'm still waiting to hear from Rutgers-Camden, Seton Hall, Drexel, Pace, Cardozo and Widener. At this point, I'm going to assume I'm not getting in.

laotze

Postby laotze » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Hell, I applied within days of all app availabilities in September/October, and I still haven't heard a thing from NYU, Michigan, Duke, GULC, USC, Vanderbilt, or Rutgers Cam (HAHAHA those trolls), with the exceptions of Michigan's "Don't worry, darling, we're still thinking of you! XOXOXO" letter and NYU's "You're released from your binding ED into regular consideration" back in December. Couple that with five waitlists, and I've about had it with this entire gorram process.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”