Thurgood Marshall School of Law - TSU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law1992

Thurgood Marshall School of Law - TSU

Postby law1992 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone is applying to this school for fall? My dad graduated from here and I was just a bit curious.

pruufreadr

Re: Thurgood Marshall School of Law - TSU

Postby pruufreadr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 am

I considered it, but I didn't apply because of the way they grade. The curving within your section and then curving your section worried me a bit too much. It's too bad, though. I kinda wish I didn't know. I love Houston and TSU has been historically fond of throwing out scholarship $$$.

potterpirate04

Postby potterpirate04 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 am

pruufreadr wrote:I considered it, but I didn't apply because of the way they grade. The curving within your section and then curving your section worried me a bit too much. It's too bad, though. I kinda wish I didn't know. I love Houston and TSU has been historically fond of throwing out scholarship $$$.

I 100% agree with the bolded. Their curve is just....not good, to put it lightly and in nicer terms.

Tell me more about this scholarship money they're fond of throwing though. I applied to all the Houston schools because that's where I'm from but would only consider TSU if they covered all my tuition or something. And even then I'd be weary, I suppose.

law1992

Postby law1992 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 am

Oh wow that's rough. I wonder why it is so harsh.

maybemercer

Postby maybemercer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

law1992 wrote:Oh wow that's rough. I wonder why it is so harsh.

Bc bar passage rates are less than estimable.

pruufreadr wrote: I love Houston and TSU has been historically fond of throwing out scholarship $$$.

Any idea regarding scholarship stipulations?

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Educate yourself. http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school= ... show=chars

Job prospect are not very good at this school. Study hard on the LSAT and get scholarship money to the other Texas schools.

law1992

Postby law1992 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 pm

goldeneye wrote:Educate yourself. http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school= ... show=chars

Job prospect are not very good at this school. Study hard on the LSAT and get scholarship money to the other Texas schools.

Get off this thread if you aren't applying.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 pm

The curve is harsh to ensure that those who survive at the school and are not kicked out for academic reasons actually pass the bar. I had a friend looking at this school as well, so that is why I commented. He waited another cycle, and went to Houston on almost a full ride.

maybemercer

Postby maybemercer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 pm

goldeneye wrote:

The curve is harsh to ensure that those who survive at the school and are not kicked out for academic reasons actually pass the bar.

This is very credited. Also, I believe their exams are different (50% multiple choice/50% written).

IMO the overpriced STCL isn't doing much better (400grads w/2.5% Large firm score).

Despite the stark outcomes I am still considering TSU if I get a full ride....I'm not looking for an employer.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”