The Waitlist Championships

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby radar714 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 pm

damn I thought I'd win with 5, but 7 is nuts!!!

UWashington, Notre Dame, GWU, BC, UMinn

User avatar
gobo
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby gobo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 pm

1. Minnesota
2. George Mason
3. Iowa
4. Uconn
5. Temple
6. Illinois
7. Maryland

I still have 4 pending. If there is a tie, do we have a cage match? :)

User avatar
fragrock
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby fragrock » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 pm

gobo wrote:1. Minnesota
2. George Mason
3. Iowa
4. Uconn
5. Temple
6. Illinois
7. Maryland

I still have 4 pending. If there is a tie, do we have a cage match? :)


I'm only on one waitlist, and therefore don't belong in this thread, but I wanted to drop by and say I hope you get off all the waitlists to my fellow Fraggle Rock avatarian!

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby The-Specs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Now at 4 WL and climbing.

BC
BU
GW
ND

I know i am not in the running for champ yet but I am not done yet. :)

User avatar
gobo
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby gobo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm

fragrock wrote:
gobo wrote:1. Minnesota
2. George Mason
3. Iowa
4. Uconn
5. Temple
6. Illinois
7. Maryland

I still have 4 pending. If there is a tie, do we have a cage match? :)


I'm only on one waitlist, and therefore don't belong in this thread, but I wanted to drop by and say I hope you get off all the waitlists to my fellow Fraggle Rock avatarian!


Thanks Frag!

shaker2016
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby shaker2016 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 pm

gobo wrote:1. Minnesota
2. George Mason
3. Iowa
4. Uconn
5. Temple
6. Illinois
7. Maryland

I still have 4 pending. If there is a tie, do we have a cage match? :)



Image

The title reign begins!

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:36 pm

So my 8 is still champion. That's really sweet.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:52 pm

racrfish wrote:
shaker2016 wrote:
Poo-T wrote:Man I suck at this game... I got into every school so far.


go away.


Seconded.

I think we're applying to many of the same schools. You've been kind of a dick in all of those threads, too.

Hmmm.... what was I a dick about? :3

Also which schools.

User avatar
laotze
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby laotze » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Still no answers from 8 schools, so I may have a better chance of taking the title later this month, but so far WLs at:
Stanford
Chicago
Penn
UVA
UCLA
GWU

I have a feeling GWU is trolling me, but then my app is more or less soft-driven, so it's entirely possible their committee is just less sentimental about my sob story.

And yeah, I'm a carpet bomber.

EDIT:
Accepted at GWU and denied at Berkeley within seconds of one another, so I'm falling farther behind in the WL running. Definite answers = sweet mercy.

shaker2016
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby shaker2016 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 am

laotze wrote:Still no answers from 8 schools, so I may have a better chance of taking the title later this month, but so far WLs at:
Stanford
Chicago
Penn
UVA
UCLA
GWU

I have a feeling GWU is trolling me, but then my app is more or less soft-driven, so it's entirely possible their committee is just less sentimental about my sob story.

And yeah, I'm a carpet bomber.

EDIT:
Accepted at GWU and denied at Berkeley within seconds of one another, so I'm falling farther behind in the WL running. Definite answers = sweet mercy.


GW Acceptance? No longer #1 contender for the belt...

User avatar
laotze
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby laotze » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:34 am

shaker2016 wrote:
laotze wrote:Still no answers from 8 schools, so I may have a better chance of taking the title later this month, but so far WLs at:
Stanford
Chicago
Penn
UVA
UCLA
GWU

I have a feeling GWU is trolling me, but then my app is more or less soft-driven, so it's entirely possible their committee is just less sentimental about my sob story.

And yeah, I'm a carpet bomber.

EDIT:
Accepted at GWU and denied at Berkeley within seconds of one another, so I'm falling farther behind in the WL running. Definite answers = sweet mercy.


GW Acceptance? No longer #1 contender for the belt...


We'll see what the seven silent schools have to say about that <_<

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby radar714 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 pm

radar714 wrote:damn I thought I'd win with 5, but 7 is nuts!!!

UWashington, Notre Dame, GWU, BC, UMinn


Update: added Georgetown, but taken off GWU!

shaker2016
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby shaker2016 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:21 pm

WL
Wake
Baylor
GW

Image



On my way to the Intercontinental Championship. Whooo!

To be the man...you gotta beat the man....

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm

A challenger is emerging. Rumors of an applicant with a 167/2.5, waitlisted by law schools in case they need a last minute addition to reach a median

User avatar
stumpy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby stumpy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 am

.
Last edited by stumpy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kabootar
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby Kabootar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm

*ahem ahem*
SUNY
Cardozo
UCI
Catholic
Michigan State
Villanova
University of Minnesota
American University



yeah. I'm in over my head with LOCI's.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 pm

FUCK I GOT AN ACCEPTANCE.....I thought IU would waitlist me for sure.....there goes my chance at the belt.

User avatar
gobo
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby gobo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:10 am

gobo wrote:1. Minnesota
2. George Mason
3. Iowa
4. Uconn
5. Temple
6. Illinois
7. Maryland

I still have 4 pending. If there is a tie, do we have a cage match? :)


8. American University

That's right, I got another one. Get the cage ready!! I still have a couple of schools pending. I never thought I would be excited about getting on the waitlist! Even after eight this thread makes it a thrill!

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby masked kavana » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Hold:

NYU
Harvard

Waitlist:
Columbia
Uchicago
U Minnesota
Duke

maxiguess
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby maxiguess » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:41 pm

masked kavana wrote:Hold:

NYU
Harvard

Waitlist:
Columbia
Uchicago
U Minnesota
Duke


This is probably the most quality waitlist list.

I'm warming the bench right now with WL at UCLA and preferred WL at GULC

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby anteater1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Georgetown, BC, UCLA, Cornell, and ND

possibility i'll be WL at USC and UT for the tie.

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby swordking90 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm

masked kavana wrote:Hold:

NYU
Harvard

Waitlist:
Columbia
Uchicago
U Minnesota
Duke


Woah that's a pretty broad range of WL/holds. Hope some of these work out! Would you mind sharing stats?

User avatar
laotze
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby laotze » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Back in in the running with an exile to the Duke waitlist. If NYU and Michigan finally throw me in, that belt is as good as mine, mwahaha.

1. Stanford
2. Chicago
3. Penn
4. UVA
5. UCLA
6. Duke

1984
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 am

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby 1984 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Up to 6. I guess it's better than 6 dings.

1. Illinois
2. Chicago-Kent
3. DePaul
4. American
5. Catholic
6. Drexel

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: The Waitlist Championships

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 pm

I just sent out about 25 apps today for the sole purpose of claiming this title.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou, Keilz and 8 guests