In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby yarsten » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 pm

This may have been addressed a little while ago, but is there no way to pay the seat deposit online? I can't find a link or anything.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby wert3813 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:20 pm

yarsten wrote:This may have been addressed a little while ago, but is there no way to pay the seat deposit online? I can't find a link or anything.


There is a link, but it hasn't worked in a few weeks.

Someone should probably bring this to their attention at some point. Maybe you?

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby bosmer88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 pm

wert3813 wrote:
yarsten wrote:This may have been addressed a little while ago, but is there no way to pay the seat deposit online? I can't find a link or anything.


There is a link, but it hasn't worked in a few weeks.

Someone should probably bring this to their attention at some point. Maybe you?


Yeah, it doesn't work. I sent mine via snail mail w/tracking on Friday and it was delivered yesterday. You still have time to mail it.

rocktower3
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:33 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby rocktower3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 pm

bosmer88 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
yarsten wrote:This may have been addressed a little while ago, but is there no way to pay the seat deposit online? I can't find a link or anything.


There is a link, but it hasn't worked in a few weeks.

Someone should probably bring this to their attention at some point. Maybe you?


Yeah, it doesn't work. I sent mine via snail mail w/tracking on Friday and it was delivered yesterday. You still have time to mail it.


Does anyone know if it needs to be postmarked or actually received by the 1st? Not that I'm having trouble deciding or anything...

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby sabanist » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm

rocktower3 wrote:Does anyone know if it needs to be postmarked or actually received by the 1st? Not that I'm having trouble deciding or anything...

I assumed received to be safe, but you could probably get a quick answer if you called or emailed.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby trojandave » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Just mailed the check - here we go! See you fools in Cambridge

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:46 pm

trojandave wrote:Just mailed the check - here we go! See you fools in Cambridge


I also just mailed my check! But not to the same place :(

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby trojandave » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:48 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
trojandave wrote:Just mailed the check - here we go! See you fools in Cambridge


I also just mailed my check! But not to the same place :(


I believe this makes you the real fool ;) Sad day, though... When I forget what palm trees look like I expect you to remind me

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby wert3813 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:00 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
trojandave wrote:Just mailed the check - here we go! See you fools in Cambridge


I also just mailed my check! But not to the same place :(


You're gonna love U Chicago man I know it.

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby edgeofthenight » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm

...
Last edited by edgeofthenight on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

BalanceCare
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby BalanceCare » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Yukos wrote:I'll be withdrawing in the next few days. I really loved the campus, Cambridge and everyone I met, but Stanford is just the perfect fit for me. Thanks for the help everyone in this thread, and for those depositing, enjoy life at THE Harvard Law School.


sweeeeeet see you there, I think...! HLS seemed awesome and I wish I could attend them BOTH. Still, about to take the plunge on this same move.

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby bosmer88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Deposit received as well. I love Priority Mail. <3

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby sabanist » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Sobbing at my desk at work (in the good way) - Mr. Sabanist's tax return came in at the perfect time, and he just offered to buy me another plane ticket after last weekend's fiasco.
Anyone visiting Friday?
:D

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby bosmer88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm

sabanist wrote:Sobbing at my desk at work (in the good way) - Mr. Sabanist's tax return came in at the perfect time, and he just offered to buy me another plane ticket after last weekend's fiasco.
Anyone visiting Friday?
:D


Sweet, I'm happy you have the chance to visit. :)

Sadly, I am heading there on Monday. I wanted to do Thursday or Friday, but the tickets for those days were a small fortune. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your visit!

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby sabanist » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 pm

bosmer88 wrote:Sweet, I'm happy you have the chance to visit. :)

Sadly, I am heading there on Monday. I wanted to do Thursday or Friday, but the tickets for those days were a small fortune. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your visit!

Me too! It's totally unexpected and I'm ridiculously emotional right now. hahaha.
Monday I have to present a final project worth half of my grade, so that wasn't an option for me.

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby andreskicdo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:56 pm

bosmer88 wrote:
sabanist wrote:Sobbing at my desk at work (in the good way) - Mr. Sabanist's tax return came in at the perfect time, and he just offered to buy me another plane ticket after last weekend's fiasco.
Anyone visiting Friday?
:D


Sweet, I'm happy you have the chance to visit. :)

Sadly, I am heading there on Monday. I wanted to do Thursday or Friday, but the tickets for those days were a small fortune. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your visit!


I'll be there on Monday too! See you then!

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby bob loblaw11 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm

sabanist wrote:Sobbing at my desk at work (in the good way) - Mr. Sabanist's tax return came in at the perfect time, and he just offered to buy me another plane ticket after last weekend's fiasco.

I f***ing love this. I'm happy you can go!

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby bosmer88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:18 pm

andreskicdo wrote:I'll be there on Monday too! See you then!


Cool, see you then!

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby jselson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Just got my "financial aid" package, and it made me want to vomit.

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

.

Postby 06162014123 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby edamame » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm

sabanist wrote:
bosmer88 wrote:Sweet, I'm happy you have the chance to visit. :)

Sadly, I am heading there on Monday. I wanted to do Thursday or Friday, but the tickets for those days were a small fortune. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your visit!

Me too! It's totally unexpected and I'm ridiculously emotional right now. hahaha.
Monday I have to present a final project worth half of my grade, so that wasn't an option for me.


Was just browsing through these threads as a form of procrastination, and saw this. So happy you get to visit, Sabanist! I know how much (could tell how much?) you wanted to. :-)

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby jselson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 pm

RedShift wrote:
jselson wrote:Just got my "financial aid" package, and it made me want to vomit.

Did you get to hear the wonderfully glib "Harvard: A Financially Sound Decision" presentation they had arranged for the ASWs? It made my financial aid award even more upsetting.


I just love that as of today I don't have enough money to scrounge up a deposit, but I'm wealthy enough not to need any aid.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Wormfather wrote:Just got an email to my jd16.law.harvard account that my deposit has been received.

THEY CANNOT DENY ME NOW!!!

Unrelated, just got an email from my school that a fox is running round campus with fox babies. It said nothing about petting the fox. Bad move Public Safty department.

Oh shit I'm going to see Worm all over campus next year! Shiiiiiit!

User avatar
Searchparty
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Searchparty » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 am

Got my aid package as well.
I was assessed to contribute from summer work and assets

However...

They gave a supplemental loan (equal to summer work and asset contr.)+ base loan + grant amount adds up to 78.7k (parents were 0). Why did they give me the supplemental loan to (presumably) cover my contributions? LIPP eligible loans equal base loan plus summer work (meaning if I borrow to make up my assets, it won't be LIPP eligible, but borrowing to cover summer work would be), when I thought only parent contribution borrowing was eligible for LIPP.

At this point, I could technically borrow everything (minus a measly asset contr.) without having to contribute from summer work....

Anyone have any idea why????

Maybe because I was assessed for the minimum summer work contribution because my income won't meet the summer allowance and they don't want to assume i'll actually have that money?

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby dcg2120 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 am

Searchparty wrote:Got my aid package as well.
I was assessed to contribute from summer work and assets

However...

They gave a supplemental loan (equal to summer work and asset contr.)+ base loan + grant amount adds up to 78.7k (parents were 0). Why did they give me the supplemental loan to (presumably) cover my contributions? LIPP eligible loans equal base loan plus summer work (meaning if I borrow to make up my assets, it won't be LIPP eligible, but borrowing to cover summer work would be), when I thought only parent contribution borrowing was eligible for LIPP.

At this point, I could technically borrow everything (minus a measly asset contr.) without having to contribute from summer work....

Anyone have any idea why????

Maybe because I was assessed for the minimum summer work contribution because my income won't meet the summer allowance and they don't want to assume i'll actually have that money?

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but: The supplemental+base+grants+student contribution (assets and summer work) should always be equal to your student budget (78.7k). For some, this would mean that the supplemental loan covers parent contribution, but since your parents don't have a contribution you get all that money in your base loan+grant. Since your supplemental loan covers only your summer work + asset contribution, it might not be eligible for LIPP at all, but it should also be very low (and therefore you can just eat the cost by not spending too much $ your 1L year).

But you can check your LIPP loan limit in the "Messages" tab of your financial aid website.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, finaciardi, hip to be Square and 8 guests