In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby spicyyoda17 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm

vzapana wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
vzapana wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:The wait for a JS2 > wait for a JS1 > wait for finaid

I still think all 3 are rough though.


For me it's js2 > financial aid >>> JS1


Srs? The JS1 was the worst wait for me... not knowing if they were gonna hate my app or consider accepting my average numbers into their glorified halls of legal education


For me, pre-JS1 period is one in which you really don't know whether you will be offered a spot. With such uncertainty, I didn't really care what happened. Once I got a js1, the offer was within sight, and so the stakes were higher, making me much more invested into the process. Once that happened, anxieties rose. Now I'm anxious because I don't want HLS/SLS to be prohibitively expensive and there's a chance that both will be.


+1

nbagirl73
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby nbagirl73 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 am

Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby domino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

nbagirl73 wrote:Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?


I couldn't forward mine either. I tried the POP3 method and the built-in Gmail-to-Gmail forwarding.

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 pm

domino wrote:
nbagirl73 wrote:Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?


I couldn't forward mine either. I tried the POP3 method and the built-in Gmail-to-Gmail forwarding.


+1

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.

User avatar
pandamonium13
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby pandamonium13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

domino wrote:
nbagirl73 wrote:Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?


I couldn't forward mine either. I tried the POP3 method and the built-in Gmail-to-Gmail forwarding.


I can't forward either. Also, I can't seem to login to the external website. Is it this one: https://mymail.law.harvard.edu/default.asp

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby domino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm

^^I think we lost access to that site after everything was switched over to Gmail--could be wrong though.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby trojandave » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Just go to regular gmail.com and log in with your HLS email and password just like you're getting on the finaid site. Works for me

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby yarsten » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:43 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.


I had some trouble with this and had to use another computer- what browser are you using? Apparently it only works in Firefox and IE 9. Definitely doesn't work in IE10 or Chrome, the two browsers I have on my laptop :roll:

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 pm

yarsten wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.


I had some trouble with this and had to use another computer- what browser are you using? Apparently it only works in Firefox and IE 9. Definitely doesn't work in IE10 or Chrome, the two browsers I have on my laptop :roll:

Oh... that might explain it. I have a Mac and was trying to use Chrome. I just downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't seem to be working any better. HLS hates Macs, it seems. :(

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
yarsten wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.


I had some trouble with this and had to use another computer- what browser are you using? Apparently it only works in Firefox and IE 9. Definitely doesn't work in IE10 or Chrome, the two browsers I have on my laptop :roll:

Oh... that might explain it. I have a Mac and was trying to use Chrome. I just downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't seem to be working any better. HLS hates Macs, it seems. :(


I used safari. It was totally fine for me

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
yarsten wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.


I had some trouble with this and had to use another computer- what browser are you using? Apparently it only works in Firefox and IE 9. Definitely doesn't work in IE10 or Chrome, the two browsers I have on my laptop :roll:

Oh... that might explain it. I have a Mac and was trying to use Chrome. I just downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't seem to be working any better. HLS hates Macs, it seems. :(


Weird... I used Chrome on my Mac and had no problemo

So, HLS just hates you guys, not Macs :D

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Oh, never mind. My parents named it with an apostrophe in it, which is a no-no. Welcome to the digital age, right? :roll:

nbagirl73
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby nbagirl73 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

vzapana wrote:
domino wrote:
nbagirl73 wrote:Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?


I couldn't forward mine either. I tried the POP3 method and the built-in Gmail-to-Gmail forwarding.


+1


So that means you all are logging out of "regular" gmail and into HLS gmail and then logging out of HLS gmail and back into the regular one multiple times a day to check? That's going to get old real fast.

There weren't any problems forwarding with webmail for the last 11 months since my deferral. I was so excited about the HLS switch to gmail but now... blergh

User avatar
polareagle
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby polareagle » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 pm

No need for that at all. Click your e-mail address in the top right of the gmail window and click on the "Add Account" button below. You can then login to your harvard account (make sure to use the full address including @jd16.law.harvard.edu) and have both windows open at once.

nbagirl73
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby nbagirl73 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 pm

polareagle wrote:No need for that at all. Click your e-mail address in the top right of the gmail window and click on the "Add Account" button below. You can then login to your harvard account (make sure to use the full address including @jd16.law.harvard.edu) and have both windows open at once.


WHAT? Awesome. Thanks so much.

See y'all in the fall.

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby edgeofthenight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 pm

polareagle wrote:No need for that at all. Click your e-mail address in the top right of the gmail window and click on the "Add Account" button below. You can then login to your harvard account (make sure to use the full address including @jd16.law.harvard.edu) and have both windows open at once.


If you have a Mac, the mail application will also let you add multiple e-mail accounts and checks them all at once.

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby domino » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 am

Dammit the dog talk in the facebook group is making me really want a dog again! Agh I really want one.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Yukos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:19 am

This is what I want:

Image

I'm worried my future will be too unstable to get one for at least five more years though :(

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby domino » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:25 am

OH MY GOD. He's so wrinkly faced and soft looking!!!!!

I am a fan of these guys:

Image

Image

User avatar
LaMuSayonga
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 am

I've always wanted a pug or King Charles Cavalier, but couldn't have one in UG and would feel horrible about adopting one during law school. One day, hopefully.

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 pm

oy. just got my financial aid package. i need hard liquor.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

vzapana wrote:oy. just got my financial aid package. i need hard liquor.


high or low shelf?

rocktower3
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:33 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby rocktower3 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

vzapana wrote:oy. just got my financial aid package. i need hard liquor.



Eek, sorry to hear that.

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
vzapana wrote:oy. just got my financial aid package. i need hard liquor.


high or low shelf?


well drinks please. i can't afford shit with my mountain of debt.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Ferrisjso, hellohalo, Houzy, lg77, lillawyer2, PDX4343, premalone, stewhan, uhwrestler, whodareswins, xnsch, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests