In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spicyyoda17

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby spicyyoda17 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm

vzapana wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
vzapana wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:The wait for a JS2 > wait for a JS1 > wait for finaid

I still think all 3 are rough though.

For me it's js2 > financial aid >>> JS1

Srs? The JS1 was the worst wait for me... not knowing if they were gonna hate my app or consider accepting my average numbers into their glorified halls of legal education

For me, pre-JS1 period is one in which you really don't know whether you will be offered a spot. With such uncertainty, I didn't really care what happened. Once I got a js1, the offer was within sight, and so the stakes were higher, making me much more invested into the process. Once that happened, anxieties rose. Now I'm anxious because I don't want HLS/SLS to be prohibitively expensive and there's a chance that both will be.

+1

nbagirl73

Postby nbagirl73 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 am

Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?

domino

Postby domino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

nbagirl73 wrote:Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

I've apparently been missing a ton of important things, like the outside scholarships info and some other stuff I gave the HLS email address for and am super sad.

Thoughts?

I couldn't forward mine either. I tried the POP3 method and the built-in Gmail-to-Gmail forwarding.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:52 pm

domino wrote:
nbagirl73 wrote:Anyone else having trouble forwarding their HLS gmail to their regular gmail? I've tried it a few times and keep testing and it seems like it's working, but then I don't actually get anything.

Thoughts?

I couldn't forward mine either. I tried the POP3 method and the built-in Gmail-to-Gmail forwarding.

+1

carboncopyx

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.

pandamonium13

Postby pandamonium13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

domino wrote:

Thoughts?

I can't forward either. Also, I can't seem to login to the external website. Is it this one: https://mymail.law.harvard.edu/default.asp

domino

Postby domino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm

^^I think we lost access to that site after everything was switched over to Gmail--could be wrong though.

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Just go to regular gmail.com and log in with your HLS email and password just like you're getting on the finaid site. Works for me

yarsten

Postby yarsten » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:43 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.

I had some trouble with this and had to use another computer- what browser are you using? Apparently it only works in Firefox and IE 9. Definitely doesn't work in IE10 or Chrome, the two browsers I have on my laptop :roll:

carboncopyx

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 pm

yarsten wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Speaking of finaid, is anyone else having problems uploading tax forms onto the secure server they have linked for it? Mine just says it's uploading forever... and then never actually finishes.

I had some trouble with this and had to use another computer- what browser are you using? Apparently it only works in Firefox and IE 9. Definitely doesn't work in IE10 or Chrome, the two browsers I have on my laptop :roll:

Oh... that might explain it. I have a Mac and was trying to use Chrome. I just downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't seem to be working any better. HLS hates Macs, it seems. :(

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
yarsten wrote:

Oh... that might explain it. I have a Mac and was trying to use Chrome. I just downloaded Firefox, but it doesn't seem to be working any better. HLS hates Macs, it seems. :(

I used safari. It was totally fine for me

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
yarsten wrote:

Weird... I used Chrome on my Mac and had no problemo

So, HLS just hates you guys, not Macs :D

carboncopyx

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Oh, never mind. My parents named it with an apostrophe in it, which is a no-no. Welcome to the digital age, right? :roll:

nbagirl73

Postby nbagirl73 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

vzapana wrote:
domino wrote:

Thoughts?

+1

So that means you all are logging out of "regular" gmail and into HLS gmail and then logging out of HLS gmail and back into the regular one multiple times a day to check? That's going to get old real fast.

There weren't any problems forwarding with webmail for the last 11 months since my deferral. I was so excited about the HLS switch to gmail but now... blergh

polareagle

Postby polareagle » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 pm

No need for that at all. Click your e-mail address in the top right of the gmail window and click on the "Add Account" button below. You can then login to your harvard account (make sure to use the full address including @jd16.law.harvard.edu) and have both windows open at once.

nbagirl73

Postby nbagirl73 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 pm

polareagle wrote:No need for that at all. Click your e-mail address in the top right of the gmail window and click on the "Add Account" button below. You can then login to your harvard account (make sure to use the full address including @jd16.law.harvard.edu) and have both windows open at once.

WHAT? Awesome. Thanks so much.

See y'all in the fall.

edgeofthenight

Postby edgeofthenight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 pm

polareagle wrote:No need for that at all. Click your e-mail address in the top right of the gmail window and click on the "Add Account" button below. You can then login to your harvard account (make sure to use the full address including @jd16.law.harvard.edu) and have both windows open at once.

If you have a Mac, the mail application will also let you add multiple e-mail accounts and checks them all at once.

domino

Postby domino » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 am

Dammit the dog talk in the facebook group is making me really want a dog again! Agh I really want one.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:19 am

This is what I want:

I'm worried my future will be too unstable to get one for at least five more years though :(

domino

Postby domino » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:25 am

OH MY GOD. He's so wrinkly faced and soft looking!!!!!

I am a fan of these guys:

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 am

I've always wanted a pug or King Charles Cavalier, but couldn't have one in UG and would feel horrible about adopting one during law school. One day, hopefully.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 pm

oy. just got my financial aid package. i need hard liquor.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

vzapana wrote:oy. just got my financial aid package. i need hard liquor.

high or low shelf?

rocktower3

Postby rocktower3 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Eek, sorry to hear that.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:

high or low shelf?

well drinks please. i can't afford shit with my mountain of debt.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”