In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby facile princeps » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Wormfather wrote:Ace Hotel New York

I believe it's W29th

Got it.

User avatar
usafgirl
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby usafgirl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 am

How long before people received a confirmation email for the March ASW? I don't want to book a hotel until I hear back...

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby honeybadger12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:11 am

Wormfather wrote:Once you're accepted the game kind of switches around a bit.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:16 am

honeybadger12 wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Once you're accepted the game kind of switches around a bit.

anela00
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby anela00 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Yukos wrote:Mind sharing the name of the hotel? I don't know anything about Boston and it would take me a long time to figure out which cheap hotels are near good T-stops...


It's the Le Meridien Cambridge and is about a 10 minute walk from the Central Square T-stop. It's definitely nearer to MIT, but it doesn't look to hard to get to HLS.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm

So... what are the odds of March ASW still being open? I'll call the phone line peeps, but I don't wanna sound like too big of an idiot since its in a week

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm

So happy to check in here.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Sup. 8) Any recent JS2s trying to make the March ASW or just going to go to April? JS seemed to hint that she'd rather I go to April, buttttt...

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:41 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Sup. 8) Any recent JS2s trying to make the March ASW or just going to go to April? JS seemed to hint that she'd rather I go to April, buttttt...


I was thinking about it... but I'm gonna do April instead. If JS hinted, take the goddamn hint!

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:41 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Sup. 8) Any recent JS2s trying to make the March ASW or just going to go to April? JS seemed to hint that she'd rather I go to April, buttttt...


Same with me. I'm pretty sure ill be busy that april

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:44 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Sup. 8) Any recent JS2s trying to make the March ASW or just going to go to April? JS seemed to hint that she'd rather I go to April, buttttt...


I was thinking about it... but I'm gonna do April instead. If JS hinted, take the goddamn hint!

Haha, true. She didn't even mention the March ASW when she said she hoped that I would visit, only April. I might just take the train up over spring break anyway and take a cursory look around. But April ASW sounds a lot warmer, that's for sure. :)

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby jselson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah, JS only mentioned April to me, but I'm planning on visiting my mom and brother end of March, so I'll be visiting on my own.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Sup. 8) Any recent JS2s trying to make the March ASW or just going to go to April? JS seemed to hint that she'd rather I go to April, buttttt...


I was thinking about it... but I'm gonna do April instead. If JS hinted, take the goddamn hint!

Haha, true. She didn't even mention the March ASW when she said she hoped that I would visit, only April. I might just take the train up over spring break anyway and take a cursory look around. But April ASW sounds a lot warmer, that's for sure. :)


I envy your ability to just casually take a train to visit...

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:I envy your ability to just casually take a train to visit...

That's the one thing the east coast has going for it--every major city is just a train ride away! Except then something like Nemo comes along and all hell breaks loose.

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby bob loblaw11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Checking in. I don't hate March so far, gotta say.

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby dcg2120 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Congrats to all the new admits! I'm with WF on the ASW question. They want us, they have to put up with our shit.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Yukos » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm going in March so I have an honest look at late winter/early spring. I really hate cold weather so I feel like if I go in April it'll be beautiful and I'll be like "Boston weather is NBD," when it's probably a VBD.

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby andreskicdo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Beyond ecstatic to join this thread. I will be doing the April ASW. Also looking forward to the next NYC meet up as I was not yet admitted for the last one. Still cant believe this is happening!!!

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby facile princeps » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Yukos wrote:I'm going in March so I have an honest look at late winter/early spring. I really hate cold weather so I feel like if I go in April it'll be beautiful and I'll be like "Boston weather is NBD," when it's probably a VBD.

You mean to tell me you would turn down H if the weather isn't to your liking? :lol: As it is right now, only Y or a full (or north of $100k) scholly from NYU/Columbia could sway me.

andreskicdo wrote:Beyond ecstatic to join this thread. I will be doing the April ASW. Also looking forward to the next NYC meet up as I was not yet admitted for the last one. Still cant believe this is happening!!!

Congrats and welcome!

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 pm

anyone not really sure that they want to go to H? i'm kinda in that boat, and i hope i'm not alone...

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby carboncopyx » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm

vzapana wrote:anyone not really sure that they want to go to H? i'm kinda in that boat, and i hope i'm not alone...

Ditto. Torn between H and the Hamilton. (But those were my two top choices, so I'm definitely not complaining.)

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby domino » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 pm

vzapana wrote:anyone not really sure that they want to go to H? i'm kinda in that boat, and i hope i'm not alone...


+2! You're deciding between, H, S, and the Ruby, right? Culturally and geographically, those schools sound really different. That must be an interesting choice.

I'm deciding between similar choices (H, Y, and the Hamilton)--totally undecided right now, but also not complaining! Hopefully, I will have more of a gut feeling to guide me after the ASWs.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Yukos » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Yukos wrote:I'm going in March so I have an honest look at late winter/early spring. I really hate cold weather so I feel like if I go in April it'll be beautiful and I'll be like "Boston weather is NBD," when it's probably a VBD.

You mean to tell me you would turn down H if the weather isn't to your liking? :lol: As it is right now, only Y or a full (or north of $100k) scholly from NYU/Columbia could sway me.


My weather.com page is permanently Palo Alto vs. Cambridge. It's pretty convincing...

I know there's tons of cultural differences between HS, and I'm sure I'll get a better idea of them at the ASWs, but they're both so amazing that I think at this point QoL is a reasonable criterion, and weather is a huge part of QoL for me (I definitely have SAD).

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby facile princeps » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Yukos wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
Yukos wrote:I'm going in March so I have an honest look at late winter/early spring. I really hate cold weather so I feel like if I go in April it'll be beautiful and I'll be like "Boston weather is NBD," when it's probably a VBD.

You mean to tell me you would turn down H if the weather isn't to your liking? :lol: As it is right now, only Y or a full (or north of $100k) scholly from NYU/Columbia could sway me.


My weather.com page is permanently Palo Alto vs. Cambridge. It's pretty convincing...

I know there's tons of cultural differences between HS, and I'm sure I'll get a better idea of them at the ASWs, but they're both so amazing that I think at this point QoL is a reasonable criterion, and weather is a huge part of QoL for me (I definitely have SAD).

Well if Stanford is the alternative, then it's certainly a reasonable criterion. Carry on then.

User avatar
UtilityMonster
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby UtilityMonster » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 am

domino wrote:
vzapana wrote:anyone not really sure that they want to go to H? i'm kinda in that boat, and i hope i'm not alone...


+2! You're deciding between, H, S, and the Ruby, right? Culturally and geographically, those schools sound really different. That must be an interesting choice.

I'm deciding between similar choices (H, Y, and the Hamilton)--totally undecided right now, but also not complaining! Hopefully, I will have more of a gut feeling to guide me after the ASWs.


Your schools are in a tiny little triangle, while vzapana's span the length of the country. Don't know why I felt it necessary to point that out.

I'm also feeling quite a few doubts about Harvard. That may change when I visit the school next weekend.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Houzy, Long shot hero, okf731 and 13 guests