In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Yukos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 pm

dcg2120 wrote:
anela00 wrote:Got my HLS luggage tag in the mail today. Made me smile :)

Huh. My girlfriend declared it an "atrocity" and made me throw it out.


What a hater.

User avatar
LaMuSayonga
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby LaMuSayonga » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 pm

anela00 wrote:Got my HLS luggage tag in the mail today. Made me smile :)


We get luggage tags? Awesomeness.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Mr. Elshal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Yukos wrote:
dcg2120 wrote:
anela00 wrote:Got my HLS luggage tag in the mail today. Made me smile :)

Huh. My girlfriend declared it an "atrocity" and made me throw it out.


What a hater.


Image

Also, it made me smile but I'm not much of a luggage tag person :(
I'll probably just hang it on my front door so everyone knows how awesome I am.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby spyke123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 pm

checking in! so pumped! nothing can describe my excitement right now.. just wow..

How long did it take you guys to get the official letter in the mail after JS2?

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby trojandave » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Any hotel recommendations for the ASW? Trying to find somewhere really close / cheap but I've never been to Boston. And on that note, I'm pretty much a lock for the March event. See you guys there!

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm

trojandave wrote:Any hotel recommendations for the ASW? Trying to find somewhere really close / cheap but I've never been to Boston. And on that note, I'm pretty much a lock for the March event. See you guys there!


I don't have any recommendations (because I'm in the same boat) but I think I remember seeing a list on Harvard's website. And some of them had discounted rates for HLS

User avatar
edgeofthenight
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby edgeofthenight » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am

...
Last edited by edgeofthenight on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby wisteria » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Checking in~~~

Is the facebook group for people who are definitely attending?

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby mommalee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:26 pm

trojandave wrote:
o0o0o0o wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to register for Admitted Students Weekend via email/phone call? I really want to attend the first ASW but haven't received my HLS email yet so can't register on the website. (Admitted 2/5). Seems like it takes a few weeks for people to receive their HLS email after admission, from what I've read in the threads.


I emailed about this over the weekend. I'll let you know what happens


I called the number at the bottom of the status checker today and was told I needed to wait until I receive the HLS email.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm

wisteria wrote:Checking in~~~

Is the facebook group for people who are definitely attending?


Not sure but I joined it before I was set on Harvard.

anela00
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby anela00 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Does anyone see an option to see stay with a current student for the March ASW? I'm looking around on the website but I don't see anything. But I may be blind because I'm so tired right now...

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby dcg2120 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 pm

anela00 wrote:Does anyone see an option to see stay with a current student for the March ASW? I'm looking around on the website but I don't see anything. But I may be blind because I'm so tired right now...

When you register, there's an option for that under "Lodging Information". If you've already sent in your form, you can just email 1L2B@law.harvard.edu and let them know you need to change it--I did that (it takes a few days for them to respond, though). Also, they did say that they might not have enough spots for everyone, so we should "make backup accommodations".

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby honeybadger12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 am

wisteria wrote:Checking in~~~

Is the facebook group for people who are definitely attending?

No pm if you want me to add you

anela00
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby anela00 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:40 am

dcg2120 wrote:
anela00 wrote:Does anyone see an option to see stay with a current student for the March ASW? I'm looking around on the website but I don't see anything. But I may be blind because I'm so tired right now...

When you register, there's an option for that under "Lodging Information". If you've already sent in your form, you can just email 1L2B@law.harvard.edu and let them know you need to change it--I did that (it takes a few days for them to respond, though). Also, they did say that they might not have enough spots for everyone, so we should "make backup accommodations".


That's right -- I completely forgot about that in the registration. Thank you!

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:45 am

Seems some of you who have registered for ASW are getting communications from HLS/things in the mail, etc....are any of you April attendees? I registered awhile back and haven't heard a thing, but I'm thinking they're working the March folks first.

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Spritzpiggy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 am

I just registered for the April ASW on Friday and found out after COB that I got a Ruby from Chicago (!!!). The deadline to accept the Ruby is April 15th and I want to be able to visit Harvard before making up my mind. I am trying to change my dates for ASW and can't access the website. Any suggestions? Would it be rash to buy the ticket today and just hope I can work it out with the office when they open on Monday.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby trojandave » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Spritzpiggy wrote:I just registered for the April ASW on Friday and found out after COB that I got a Ruby from Chicago (!!!). The deadline to accept the Ruby is April 15th and I want to be able to visit Harvard before making up my mind. I am trying to change my dates for ASW and can't access the website. Any suggestions? Would it be rash to buy the ticket today and just hope I can work it out with the office when they open on Monday.


I called them before I received my HLS email address to make sure I could register for March, even if getting my email took a few weeks. The person I spoke with was positive March ASW would not be full in the next few weeks (and it seemed like it won't be full ever.) Unless they have some fundamental problem with changing your dates (unlikely) you should be A-OK. The office is so nice too, I'm sure they'll understand and make it work

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Spritzpiggy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 pm

ok. I bought my plane ticket already and it is non-refundable after 9 am tomorrow so I sure hope this is true. I wont be able to contact them until Monday so fingers crossed. Also, I know student lodging is on a first-come basis so do you think it will it be too late to stay with a student? Anyone want to adopt me for a few days while I am there? I will bring you cookies/beer/whatever. I would only take up 5'9" of floorspace. :)

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Cicero76 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm

I just got accepted Wednesday, but when I emailed to ask they said that I would get my HLS email/login info in plenty of time to register for March ASW. So hope to see all of you there!

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Spritzpiggy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Congrats Cicero! I feel like I've known you for months now so I'm glad to see Harvard came through for you. Thanks for the info, that's definitely reassuring. I'll see you all in March :)

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Cicero76 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Spritzpiggy wrote:Congrats Cicero! I feel like I've known you for months now so I'm glad to see Harvard came through for you. Thanks for the info, that's definitely reassuring. I'll see you all in March :)


Can we meet up/ have a general TLS hangout at some point in the weekend? Perhaps the night before so that I'll actually know somebody at the event haha.

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Spritzpiggy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm planning to fly in Saturday but I'd definitely be down for a meet up. Are most of you staying with students or getting off campus arrangements?

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby dcg2120 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Spritzpiggy wrote:I'm planning to fly in Saturday but I'd definitely be down for a meet up. Are most of you staying with students or getting off campus arrangements?

I asked to stay with a student but I guess they might run out of space.

We were talking about a meet up a page or two back, but we never agreed on where. Is there anyone from the area who can suggest a place that would be fun, but calm enough that we could talk to each other?

User avatar
Spritzpiggy
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Spritzpiggy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm down for that :)

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Postby Mr. Elshal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Gonna register for April ASW. What's the word on a meetup that weekend?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], oliviaj_j, rapmasterg and 8 guests