In at Harvard: Class of 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jychun412

Bronze

Re: In at Harvard: Class of 2016

Post by jychun412 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:42 pm

MAHamlin wrote:
jychun412 wrote:Did any of 5/24 WL admits receive admittance letter package already?
I received a postcard and HLS baggage tag yesterday but not the letter.
I'm a 5/24 admit and I just got the admissions packet and tag today in Indianapolis.

ETA: My deposit deadline is 6/21.
okay. thanks! i guess i should be receiving my packet soon.

Forumbrowser45

New

Post by Forumbrowser45 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Yeah, I got the tag yesterday, gonna go check the mail to see if I got the packet today.

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Fri May 31, 2013 5:36 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:What bank is everyone looking to use? I have Wells Fargo right now, and there aren't any locations in Mass. I'm between Bank of America and Citi. Any advice?
I was able to open an account at Harvard University Employees Credit Union over the internet, so that's what I did. The main branch is in Harvard Square, and I prefer a credit union, so I went with it. https://www.huecu.org/

Mr. Elshal

Silver

Post by Mr. Elshal » Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:What bank is everyone looking to use? I have Wells Fargo right now, and there aren't any locations in Mass. I'm between Bank of America and Citi. Any advice?
I hadn't even thought of this. I use HSBC and the nearest one to HLS is probably the one I use now in NYC. This sucks

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Fri May 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
I hadn't even thought of this. I use HSBC and the nearest one to HLS is probably the one I use now in NYC. This sucks
+1

The credit union thing sounds reasonable, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Fri May 31, 2013 7:38 pm

MAHamlin wrote:
jychun412 wrote:Did any of 5/24 WL admits receive admittance letter package already?
I received a postcard and HLS baggage tag yesterday but not the letter.
I'm a 5/24 admit and I just got the admissions packet and tag today in Indianapolis.

ETA: My deposit deadline is 6/21.
No signed books eh? I didn't get one. I feel less special. :-P

EdSaid

New

Post by EdSaid » Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Is anyone else having a problem creating an application on HAHLS? I canceled my old application (btw, there's now a free room in Hastings) and tried to start a new one. It only lets me get to the Personal Details stage and says Step 3 (Profile) is closed.

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:27 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Why don't you just get a bike? Boom, 30 minute walk turns into 10 minute bike ride. Problem solved.
+1

Few appreciate the benefits of the bicycle.

Kitkatt

New

Post by Kitkatt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 pm

EdSaid wrote:Is anyone else having a problem creating an application on HAHLS? I canceled my old application (btw, there's now a free room in Hastings) and tried to start a new one. It only lets me get to the Personal Details stage and says Step 3 (Profile) is closed.
I'm having the same problem. I can't get to the room selection page at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

EdSaid

New

Post by EdSaid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Kitkatt wrote:
EdSaid wrote:Is anyone else having a problem creating an application on HAHLS? I canceled my old application (btw, there's now a free room in Hastings) and tried to start a new one. It only lets me get to the Personal Details stage and says Step 3 (Profile) is closed.
I'm having the same problem. I can't get to the room selection page at all.
Did you just cancel an application? I couldn't access it all weekend after I cancelled an application, but then today it worked just fine.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Oh my god, hotel prices are making me very sad. I want to do the Priceline name your own price, but alas I have a car and it doesn't specify parking or not.

I seriously should have packed a tent.

bosmer88

Bronze

Post by bosmer88 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Oh my god, hotel prices are making me very sad. I want to do the Priceline name your own price, but alas I have a car and it doesn't specify parking or not.

Do you have to bring your car? Bringing a car to Cambridge looks like a pain (and seems expensive), even for a visit. Train, plane, or bus perhaps? I feel you on the hotel prices though.

sabanist

Silver

Post by sabanist » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:30 pm

You could conceivably park at the airport and bus/T your way around if your hotel doesn't end up having a place for you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 pm

bosmer88 wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Oh my god, hotel prices are making me very sad. I want to do the Priceline name your own price, but alas I have a car and it doesn't specify parking or not.

Do you have to bring your car? Bringing a car to Cambridge looks like a pain (and seems expensive), even for a visit. Train, plane, or bus perhaps? I feel you on the hotel prices though.
I'm driving so I'm probs gonna need it.

Good tip sabanist, thanks. Mass transit is totally foreign to me (sadly) so I'm just like "what is this how do I do it" and will likely screw it up for a little bit.

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

For anyone keeping track: I got the File Ready for Review email last Thursday and received my aid package this morning.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Jaqen wrote:For anyone keeping track: I got the File Ready for Review email last Thursday and received my aid package this morning.
So they marked every document as "received" yesterday for me. I'm just waiting for review now, right?

MAHamlin

Bronze

Post by MAHamlin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:49 pm

I received my aid package last night after going under review last Thursday. There was an error, but they were very quick to correct it once I asked about it and they had a revised package put together within two hours of my phone call this morning. I'm very impressed with how quickly they got everything put together and how helpful their office has been.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Jaqen wrote:For anyone keeping track: I got the File Ready for Review email last Thursday and received my aid package this morning.
So they marked every document as "received" yesterday for me. I'm just waiting for review now, right?
Yep.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Ok I hope all the brokers in this city aren't as awful as the one I just had contact with. It takes true talent to make someone who is wants a place give it up because you are so horrendous they don't want to have to contact you. :lol:

Searchparty

Bronze

Post by Searchparty » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Ok I hope all the brokers in this city aren't as awful as the one I just had contact with. It takes true talent to make someone who is wants a place give it up because you are so horrendous they don't want to have to contact you. :lol:
Good luck..

nbagirl73

New

Post by nbagirl73 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:05 pm

You should be able to street park in Allston (across the river, by the Business School) for free for a couple days if you're dilligent and read the street cleaning signs, and then you can take the t to wherever you're staying. Look near the intersection of Soldier's Field Road and Western Ave. to start. If you're nervous just come back and move your car every day but it should be fine.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 pm

nbagirl73 wrote:

You should be able to street park in Allston (across the river, by the Business School) for free for a couple days if you're dilligent and read the street cleaning signs, and then you can take the t to wherever you're staying. Look near the intersection of Soldier's Field Road and Western Ave. to start. If you're nervous just come back and move your car every day but it should be fine.
Nice! Thanks for that info.

Oh and a Cambridge PSA: the Whole Foods is pretty great here.

Searchparty

Bronze

Post by Searchparty » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 am

Eichörnchen wrote:
nbagirl73 wrote:

Just curious if you walked there from HLS; if so, how long did it take?

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

Searchparty wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
nbagirl73 wrote:

Just curious if you walked there from HLS; if so, how long did it take?
I actually passed it as I was driving out of town to my hotel. I'd estimate that it would take about 25-30 minutes to walk it. Maybe less if you're particularly enthusiastic.

On the upside, the prices at this WF are surprisingly reasonable (as far as WF goes). A lot of items are actually cheaper here than at my Midwestern WF. Off the top of my head, I saw $3.99/doz organic eggs, $6 gallon organic milk, $1.40 for larabars, $4.99/lb organic strawberries, bananas .74/lb. Just for a reference point as to what to expect.

trojandave

Bronze

Post by trojandave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:04 am

Eichörnchen wrote: On the upside, the prices at this WF are surprisingly reasonable (as far as WF goes). A lot of items are actually cheaper here than at my Midwestern WF. Off the top of my head, I saw $3.99/doz organic eggs, $6 gallon organic milk, $1.40 for larabars, $4.99/lb organic strawberries, bananas .74/lb. Just for a reference point as to what to expect.
Eichornen, meet my friend Trader Joe. I think you two will get along

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”