When do schools reassess held applications?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bfigsan

When do schools reassess held applications?

Postby bfigsan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:16 pm

I applied ED1 to Penn this cycle and was held 12/12. Starting to get concerned seeing people with lower stats and much later complete dates getting acceptances.

Does anyone have any insight into how schools process held applications? Are they all reassessed together at a much later point in the cycle, do they sort us back in and reassess when they happen to get to our app? Just trying to gauge how neutral/bad a held application is, especially since I haven't been WL'd.

ManOfTheMinute

Re: When do schools reassess held applications?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 pm

bfigsan wrote:I applied ED1 to Penn this cycle and was held 12/12. Starting to get concerned seeing people with lower stats and much later complete dates getting acceptances.

Does anyone have any insight into how schools process held applications? Are they all reassessed together at a much later point in the cycle, do they sort us back in and reassess when they happen to get to our app? Just trying to gauge how neutral/bad a held application is, especially since I haven't been WL'd.

They probably rate each application, and go back whenever they feel that they are willing to make decisions on applications of your initial rating

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”