W&M Fellowship Program?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mt90128

W&M Fellowship Program?

Postby mt90128 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

Hello tls,

I am excited to say that I was recently accepted to W&M (last Thursday, I believe). When I submitted everything from LSAC, I included an application for the Center for Legal and Court Technology (CLCT) fellowship, one of four that you can apply for on the app. Was wondering when I might find out if I was accepted for this, since it would strongly influence my final decision about attending. Any additional comments about the program would also be welcome, since there seems to be a paucity of testimonial info on these forums.

Thanks!

kuttlefish

Re: W&M Fellowship Program?

Postby kuttlefish » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

You'll get an official acceptance in the mail with any/all scholarship info. I could be wrong, but I don't think you necessarily get a certain position during your 1L year (even though they ask you to write for a specific position). I think you start off as a generic admin assistant, then they place you during your 2/3L years.

Congratulations on being accepted!

mt90128

Postby mt90128 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks!

From what I understand, the 1L position involves 8-10 hours of work a week for 1L for the CLCT and then later turns into a research assistantship type position where you work under a professor - though please correct me if anyone knows differently! I already received the acceptance package with their informational booklet, letter, employment records of previous W&M alums, etc. Does this mean that I was not accepted into the fellowship and will not be getting any merit scholarship, or is that stuff usually reported at a later date?

steakandchicken

Postby steakandchicken » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm

mt90128 wrote:Thanks!

From what I understand, the 1L position involves 8-10 hours of work a week for 1L for the CLCT and then later turns into a research assistantship type position where you work under a professor - though please correct me if anyone knows differently! I already received the acceptance package with their informational booklet, letter, employment records of previous W&M alums, etc. Does this mean that I was not accepted into the fellowship and will not be getting any merit scholarship, or is that stuff usually reported at a later date?

I applied for a named fellowship as well (Wolf Law Librarian) and my packet didn't have any information in it about fellowships. But there are others on TLS who got generic fellowships who didn't apply for them. I wonder if we'll hear later on since the application deadline is still a ways off?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”