Other, more comprehensive source for data than LSN?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
slawww

Other, more comprehensive source for data than LSN?

Postby slawww » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 pm

For certain schools. Not T-14, unfortunately.

I just kind of stumbled across this info yesterday. Unfortunately, the T-14 doesn't provide this info, except for Yale, I believe. Because their admissions process is apparently so holistic. :roll:

Click here: https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/ ... fault.aspx

Then click on a state, then the school you're interested in. Next click "LSAC Law School Description"
Scroll down, and check out the graph. It should break down, by LSAT and GPA, how many students applied in that bracket, and how many were admitted.

Unfortunately, not every school provides LSAC with this info.

This info is definitely not perfect, since it's breaking down LSAT & GPA bracket's and is not as specific as LSN. But, if your school provides the info, it is completely representative of the entire applicant pool. Also, it wouldn't be taking into account this year's further drop in app's, but I think this is another great resource

wannabelawstudent

Re: Other, more comprehensive source for data than LSN?

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:23 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Yeah....ive looked at that (you can also go to the archive to look at previous years), but its not too effective for this year's drop. For example ail my numbers Baylor admitted 0 of 14 applications last year but admitted me this year.

This is exactly why LSN and the other predictors needs to be looked at with a grain of salt. These sites are sayings someone with 10 years WE, a grad degree, and a first generation college student is compared apples to apples with a silver spoon kid still in undergrad that has never worked a day in their life because their mom is a surgeon and dad is an attorney.

slawww

Postby slawww » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:29 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Yeah....ive looked at that (you can also go to the archive to look at previous years), but its not too effective for this year's drop. For example with my numbers Baylor admitted 0 of 14 applications last year but admitted me this year.

Wow, that's good news for applicants!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”