Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Audeamus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm

If you consider yourself a splitter then you're welcome to post. I trust your judgment.

In at NYU, Duke and GWU. UR at most of T14.
Last edited by Audeamus on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Yay! I found a place that accepts me for who I am!

173/3.53

eta: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/micdiddy
Last edited by Micdiddy on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jdawgie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 am

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Jdawgie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Honest answer; does 3.27 165 place me in this group?

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby fallingup » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Jdawgie wrote:Honest answer; does 3.27 165 place me in this group?


I personally think it does, based on this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nUnc#gid=0

According to that chart, the highest ranked school with a median close to your GPA is Catholic U in DC at #77 with a GPA median in Class of 2015 of 3.32. Their LSAT median is 157. 164s and 165s are all over the #20-#30 schools and their GPA medians are all above 3.5 and seem to average close to 3.7.

User avatar
ksd2138
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby ksd2138 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 pm

175/3.56. Good softs, average LORs. Retake (First was 167).

UTexas: In w/ full scholarship.
NYU: UR1 since 11/12.
Columbia: UR
Harvard: Hold

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:37 pm

ksd2138 wrote:175/3.56. Good softs, average LORs. Retake (First was 167).

UTexas: In w/ full scholarship.
NYU: UR1 since 11/12.
Columbia: UR
Harvard: Hold


Hold at Harvard? That's pretty sweet considering some of the people who got rejected today. Gl there!

Jdawgie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 am

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Jdawgie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

fallingup wrote:
Jdawgie wrote:Honest answer; does 3.27 165 place me in this group?


I personally think it does, based on this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nUnc#gid=0

According to that chart, the highest ranked school with a median close to your GPA is Catholic U in DC at #77 with a GPA median in Class of 2015 of 3.32. Their LSAT median is 157. 164s and 165s are all over the #20-#30 schools and their GPA medians are all above 3.5 and seem to average close to 3.7.


I've gotten some T20 offers already, so I'll stick around and ignore my GPA.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby fallingup » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Jdawgie wrote:
fallingup wrote:
Jdawgie wrote:Honest answer; does 3.27 165 place me in this group?


I personally think it does, based on this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nUnc#gid=0

According to that chart, the highest ranked school with a median close to your GPA is Catholic U in DC at #77 with a GPA median in Class of 2015 of 3.32. Their LSAT median is 157. 164s and 165s are all over the #20-#30 schools and their GPA medians are all above 3.5 and seem to average close to 3.7.


I've gotten some T20 offers already, so I'll stick around and ignore my GPA.


Ah, the joys of being a splitter.

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Nickg415 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

3.19/170

In:
Georgetown
George Washington
UPenn (ED)

Out:
Cornell

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby kuttlefish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Make way, real splitter coming through: 169/2.72 The following info is not on my LSN profile due to paranoia/superstition, burn your monitors after reading.

UVA ED - ding (used the 2 week turn around as a barometer for my app/ps. after the ding, I put a few more coats of polish on my PS and addenda and have been having better luck)

BOALT - UR (yes, I realize the improbability, but its my app $ and I'll throw it away where I damn well please)

Northwestern ED - ding (didn't think I'd get the scholly, but I was hoping for a WL due to WE + moxie :roll:, probably would have had better luck as an AJD applicant, but I wanted the Summers to intern and build contacts/ties since I have none in the area )

GULC - ding (managed to squeeze a borderline interview out of them, but got dinged right after my FAFSA went complete and showed my lack of money)

Cornell EA - ding (used the UVA app due to time constraints, in retrospect I should have submitted a better app RD)

Texas - UR (fee waiver, so WTF)
Vandy - UR (fee waiver, so WTF)
GW - WL (wooooo)

User avatar
BitterSplitter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby BitterSplitter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm

.
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:i'm about to submit an app to GW this wkend just to see what happens since their median dropped to 166 last yr and also U Minn bcuz I got a fee waiver so I can post here now even though I only have a

2.78 LGPA
166 LSAT

I kinda wanna waste 100 bucks on Harvard's app just so I can post my stats in the Harvard applicant thread and see wut ppl say haha


You're not welcome in this thread!
Just kidding. All are welcome :)

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby kuttlefish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:i'm about to submit an app to GW this wkend just to see what happens since their median dropped to 166 last yr and also U Minn bcuz I got a fee waiver so I can post here now even though I only have a

2.78 LGPA
166 LSAT

I kinda wanna waste 100 bucks on Harvard's app just so I can post my stats in the Harvard applicant thread and see wut ppl say haha


Post em anyway, it's not like anyone's going to demand proof...

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

kuttlefish wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:i'm about to submit an app to GW this wkend just to see what happens since their median dropped to 166 last yr and also U Minn bcuz I got a fee waiver so I can post here now even though I only have a

2.78 LGPA
166 LSAT

I kinda wanna waste 100 bucks on Harvard's app just so I can post my stats in the Harvard applicant thread and see wut ppl say haha


Post em anyway, it's not like anyone's going to demand proof...


And then say you got accepted.

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby pedestrian » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
kuttlefish wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:i'm about to submit an app to GW this wkend just to see what happens since their median dropped to 166 last yr and also U Minn bcuz I got a fee waiver so I can post here now even though I only have a

2.78 LGPA
166 LSAT

I kinda wanna waste 100 bucks on Harvard's app just so I can post my stats in the Harvard applicant thread and see wut ppl say haha


Post em anyway, it's not like anyone's going to demand proof...


And then say you got accepted.


:shock: You can't lie on the internet!

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Splitters applying to T20 (No specific GPA/LSAT limits)

Postby kuttlefish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
kuttlefish wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:i'm about to submit an app to GW this wkend just to see what happens since their median dropped to 166 last yr and also U Minn bcuz I got a fee waiver so I can post here now even though I only have a

2.78 LGPA
166 LSAT

I kinda wanna waste 100 bucks on Harvard's app just so I can post my stats in the Harvard applicant thread and see wut ppl say haha


Post em anyway, it's not like anyone's going to demand proof...


And then say you got accepted.


due to your non-URM, non-military softs




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: proteinshake, RamTitan, sethnoorzad and 27 guests