In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby spicyyoda17 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Excited for all the new admits! Hope to see many of you this weekend in Palo Alto!

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:52 pm

In via phone call about an hour ago! :) Hoping to make it to Palo Alto this weekend!

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby HankBashir » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Rearranging the entirety of my plans this weekend so I can make it to Palo Alto on Saturday.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:04 pm

HankBashir wrote:Rearranging the entirety of my plans this weekend so I can make it to Palo Alto on Saturday.


Make it there on Friday and join us for a night of celebratory shenanigans

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby HankBashir » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:07 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
HankBashir wrote:Rearranging the entirety of my plans this weekend so I can make it to Palo Alto on Saturday.


Make it there on Friday and join us for a night of celebratory shenanigans


I have a prior engagement Friday night (rowing team banquet) that I thought about skipping, but I graduated in December and I would really like to see them all once again before I leave in the fall. So I'm probably gonna go to that (just gotta skip the afterparty) and fly out Saturday morning. The three hour time difference works in my favor for once.

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby amonthofsundays » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Checking in for this weekend. Are most of you staying at one of the two hotels they got the group rate for?

volp
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby volp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:10 pm

clouded.memory wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:So happy to be joining you all in this group!

I double this sentiment!


tripled

vzapana
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby vzapana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:Checking in for this weekend. Are most of you staying at one of the two hotels they got the group rate for?


no being super cheap and staying with a student. excited to meet you all, though!

User avatar
LaMuSayonga
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby LaMuSayonga » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:52 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:Checking in for this weekend. Are most of you staying at one of the two hotels they got the group rate for?


I'm arriving at the Sheraton on Friday morning. Cheaper than anything else I could get on Priceline.

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby amonthofsundays » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:55 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Checking in for this weekend. Are most of you staying at one of the two hotels they got the group rate for?


I'm arriving at the Sheraton on Friday morning. Cheaper than anything else I could get on Priceline.


I will be checking in at the Sheraton on Friday morning too. If enough of us TLSrs are staying close by or one of us gets a rental car then we could probably manage a meet up.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby clouded.memory » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm

vzapana wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Checking in for this weekend. Are most of you staying at one of the two hotels they got the group rate for?


no being super cheap and staying with a student. excited to meet you all, though!

If I would like to stay with a student, how do I go about doing this?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Checking in for this weekend. Are most of you staying at one of the two hotels they got the group rate for?


I'm arriving at the Sheraton on Friday morning. Cheaper than anything else I could get on Priceline.


I will be checking in at the Sheraton on Friday morning too. If enough of us TLSrs are staying close by or one of us gets a rental car then we could probably manage a meet up.


Yeah Sheraton on Friday. Are you guys flying in or local?

amonthofsundays
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby amonthofsundays » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Flying to San Jose from SoCal.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby HankBashir » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I haven't gotten my fin aid package yet (naturally, since I was only admitted today), but does Stanford do negotiations? Say on the off chance that I got into Harvard and they gave more money, could I get SLS to reconsider theirs?

I'm trying to see if there's any point in me doing this interview tomorrow for Harvard.

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby tyler.durden » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 pm

incredibly happy to say i'm joining this thread, see you all this weekend at ASW :)

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby honeybadger12 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 pm

tyler.durden wrote:incredibly happy to say i'm joining this thread, see you all this weekend at ASW :)

Congrats! Stanford's not even on your applied list though haha

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby HankBashir » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Looking over my finances, making it out to ASW is gonna too much of a strain, but barring anything unforseen, I'll see you guys in the fall!

User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby tyler.durden » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16 pm

honeybadger12 wrote:
tyler.durden wrote:incredibly happy to say i'm joining this thread, see you all this weekend at ASW :)

Congrats! Stanford's not even on your applied list though haha


Ha! oops... well i applied :) It is now and thanks!

User avatar
LaMuSayonga
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby LaMuSayonga » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:56 am

Flying into SFO. Let me know if we want to get a meet up organized.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:03 am

LaMuSayonga wrote:Flying into SFO. Let me know if we want to get a meet up organized.


I'm flying into SJC, Friday afternoon. Down for drinks or whatnot Friday evening... anybody?

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby honeybadger12 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:Flying into SFO. Let me know if we want to get a meet up organized.


I'm flying into SJC, Friday afternoon. Down for drinks or whatnot Friday evening... anybody?

yessir where's a good spot?

testaker
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby testaker » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi. Does anyone know - for any 1Ls that opt to not live in Munger (i.e. maybe are moving with a significant other), where/what neighborhoods do they usually live in? I haven't been admitted but am considering driving around the area at some point this weekend and wanted to take a look at the potential housing stock and was wondering this. Thanks!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 pm

honeybadger12 wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:Flying into SFO. Let me know if we want to get a meet up organized.


I'm flying into SJC, Friday afternoon. Down for drinks or whatnot Friday evening... anybody?

yessir where's a good spot?


If you're staying at the Shertaon or Westin, we could meet up there and walk into downtown Palo Alto, it's like a five minute walk.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:Flying into SFO. Let me know if we want to get a meet up organized.


I'm flying into SJC, Friday afternoon. Down for drinks or whatnot Friday evening... anybody?

yessir where's a good spot?


If you're staying at the Shertaon or Westin, we could meet up there and walk into downtown Palo Alto, it's like a five minute walk.


Lets do this.

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: In at Stanford: Class of 2016

Postby honeybadger12 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:33 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
I'm flying into SJC, Friday afternoon. Down for drinks or whatnot Friday evening... anybody?

yessir where's a good spot?


If you're staying at the Shertaon or Westin, we could meet up there and walk into downtown Palo Alto, it's like a five minute walk.


Lets do this.

I'm in. I'll be at Sheraton




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”