Splitter Results for 2012-2013 App Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LRGhost

Re: Splitter Results for 2012-2013 App Cycle

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
KingFish wrote:With a 3.5, he is a splitter at the TOP 30 law schools. Including BU.

His shtick is being a dick. Everyone knows his score and GPA and yeah, if you want to be technical, sure he's below a lot of school's 25th percentile, but he's not relevant to this thread which specifically outlined how we're defining splitter. There are a lot of 3.5+/high LSAT people out there. There are dramatically less sub 3.4/high LSAT people out there. And everything seems to suggest that admissions decisions differ when you talk about a 3.5/176 and a 3.0/176.

How is it my schtick to be a dick? What's the point of this fucking thread anyway that can't be solved with a click over to lawschoolnumbers, then? I'm sorry I did better in Undergrad and did better on my LSAT than you, since that seems to be the source of the complaint.

It's not. You were a dick in the LSAT thread also and a couple people called you out on it. Literally nobody gives a shit if your numbers are better, worse, if your life was harder, more leisurely. But you have a habit of popping up and humble-bragging while trying to play yourself off as 'too cool' also. Good luck with everything but you're the kind of kid who aces a test but goes around asking people how they did while putting up a facade of nervousness before it's graded.

Volforlife wrote:Noodley, you are in fact not a dick. I am a fellow splitter that is not welcome here. So it goes.

Has nothing to do with his status as splitter or non-splitter but has everything to do with his personality in posting.
Last edited by LRGhost on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Volforlife wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:How is it my schtick to be a dick? What's the point of this fucking thread anyway that can't be solved with a click over to lawschoolnumbers, then? I'm sorry I did better in Undergrad and did better on my LSAT than you, since that seems to be the source of the complaint.

Noodley, you are in fact not a dick. I am a fellow splitter that is not welcome here. So it goes.

I'm a reverse splitter, but wandered in here out of curiosity. Kinda surprised me to see the guidelines set as they are, hence my posts above. In my experience, the best threads are those with zero barriers (imposed by either OP or poster rank-and-file) to discussion.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm

LRGhost wrote: But you have a habit of popping up and humble-bragging while trying to play yourself off as 'too cool' also. Good luck with everything but you're the kind of kid who aces a test but goes around asking people how they did while putting up a facade of nervousness before it's graded.

These are large inferences considering they were drawn exclusively from online anonymous interaction.
Last edited by kingsfield69 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Initially I thought the idea for this thread was a good one across the spectrum that is defined as splitter, especially considering the unpredictable nature of this cycle. It would be a way to see, with apps down, how the people with sub 25th above median GPA/LSAT performed in the cycle that's going to have the fewest applicants since '83. For that reason, not for any humblebragging, I was of the assumption that even my "lofty" numbers, and how I performed this cycle, could be useful statistical information for future cycles and for general interest. But instead, since there's a bunch of overly sensitive snowflakes out there, the possible contributions this topic could provide are being drowned out by "WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH your GPA is too high".

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:00 pm

And I'm guessing I was a dick in the LSAT thread because I was confident in my performance? Guess what, I had reason to be confident, and I have offered and delivered a lot of help to individuals on this place. Your whinging because of your insecurity is of no use to me or anyone else.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Well this thread has officially become more trouble than its worth

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Initially I thought the idea for this thread was a good one across the spectrum that is defined as splitter, especially considering the unpredictable nature of this cycle. It would be a way to see, with apps down, how the people with sub 25th above median GPA/LSAT performed in the cycle that's going to have the fewest applicants since '83. For that reason, not for any humblebragging, I was of the assumption that even my "lofty" numbers, and how I performed this cycle, could be useful statistical information for future cycles and for general interest. But instead, since there's a bunch of overly sensitive snowflakes out there, the possible contributions this topic could provide are being drowned out by "WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH your GPA is too high".

You thought the idea for this thread was a good one but you also mentioned that anything here could be gleaned through lawschoolnumbers. Come on, dude. You're fucking dense as I mentioned twice now that you being a dick has nothing to do with your stats. But keep on making yourself out to be some holy pariah.

NoodleyOne wrote:And I'm guessing I was a dick in the LSAT thread because I was confident in my performance? Guess what, I had reason to be confident, and I have offered and delivered a lot of help to individuals on this place. Your whinging because of your insecurity is of no use to me or anyone else.

Not at all. You were a dick for other reasons. But keep on believing that I'm insecure.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 pm

LRGhost wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Initially I thought the idea for this thread was a good one across the spectrum that is defined as splitter, especially considering the unpredictable nature of this cycle. It would be a way to see, with apps down, how the people with sub 25th above median GPA/LSAT performed in the cycle that's going to have the fewest applicants since '83. For that reason, not for any humblebragging, I was of the assumption that even my "lofty" numbers, and how I performed this cycle, could be useful statistical information for future cycles and for general interest. But instead, since there's a bunch of overly sensitive snowflakes out there, the possible contributions this topic could provide are being drowned out by "WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH your GPA is too high".

You thought the idea for this thread was a good one but you also mentioned that anything here could be gleaned through lawschoolnumbers. Come on, dude. You're fucking dense as I mentioned twice now that you being a dick has nothing to do with your stats. But keep on making yourself out to be some holy pariah.

Your entire reason for calling me a dick is because I post my stats and post in topics on a law school forum. My reason for calling you a whinging ninny is because that is something that bothers you.

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 pm

3.5 still qualifies as splitter but is kind of the cut-off point IMO. At a 3.5, you are still at risk of being waitlisted at a bunch of places even with a high LSAT, and well below or around most T14's 25th percentiles. Also, you are probably locked out of HYS.

The difference between a 3.5 splitter and a 3.0 is obviously substantial - but 3.3-3.5 tend to see similar results on LSN.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Your entire reason for calling me a dick is because I post my stats

Excellent conclusion based on the absolute opposite of what I've said. gg

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:And I'm guessing I was a dick in the LSAT thread because I was confident in my performance? Guess what, I had reason to be confident, and I have offered and delivered a lot of help to individuals on this place. Your whinging because of your insecurity is of no use to me or anyone else.

I'm sure he meant you were a dick for writing an extensive study guide for retakers, and for staying active in the lsat prep forum to answer questions and tutor people for months after you got your score and had no reason to even visit the forum.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 pm

This thread has Hepatitis.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 pm

can everybody who is butthurt at least go do it in pms instead of shitting up whats left of this thread?

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 pm

WhiskeynCoke wrote:In solidarity with Noodley, I post my perhaps controversial splitter results thus far.

179/3.47 (CA resident)

UC Berkeley: IN
Cornell: IN
Northwestern: IN
UCLA: IN
Vanderbilt: IN

UVA: WL
Georgetown: WL (I think interviewer could tell I wasn't that interested)

Harvard: Pending (LOL)
Columbia: Pending
NYU: Pending
UPenn: Pending
Michigan: Pending
Duke: Pending

Wow this is a crazy cycle. Boalt?!?! Good work bro

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

LRGhost wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Your entire reason for calling me a dick is because I post my stats

You haven't said a single thing of substance, so I have no idea other than a vague "you were a dick in other threads". And considering this hubub began over what defines a splitter, I'm going to say that yes, it is your petty insecurities that led to you calling me a dick and calling me dense.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Crowing wrote:can everybody who is butthurt at least go do it in pms instead of shitting up whats left of this thread?

Fuck that, if I can't play, no one can.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
LRGhost wrote:

You haven't said a single thing of substance, so I have no idea other than a vague "you were a dick in other threads". And considering this hubub began over what defines a splitter, I'm going to say that yes, it is your petty insecurities that led to you calling me a dick and calling me dense.

Take it for what you want, dude. You've been a self-aggrandizing dick for a while and I posted this now because you got upset that someone said you don't qualify as a splitter for purposes of this thread. Like someone else posted, you wouldn't go into the BU/BC thread and talk about getting rejected from Harvard. But whatever, have your last word.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

This thread has amoebic dysentery.

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=162680

A “splitter” is defined generally as someone with a low GPA and a high LSAT score. Numerically, a splitter can be thought of as someone with a GPA below a school’s 25th percentile and LSAT score above that school’s 75th percentile.

A splitter with a 3.5 is still below every T14's 25th except NW and GULC.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

LRGhost wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
LRGhost wrote:

Take it for what you want, dude. You've been a self-aggrandizing dick for a while and I posted this now because you got upset that someone said you don't qualify as a splitter for purposes of this thread. Like someone else posted, you wouldn't go into the BU/BC thread and talk about getting rejected from Harvard. But whatever, have your last word.

I fail to see how that holds any weight. You know why I wouldn't go to BU/BC and discuss that? Because it would be irrelevant. Just like I don't talk about Michigan in the UVA thread or NYU in the Columbia thread. However, a splitter thread is a bit more encompassing, so I would say that unless someone is a 4.0/176, then there is probably pretty good reasons for checking out this thread. I've been a "dick" since I felt the definition was overly narrow, since by all definitions, I qualify as a splitter for every single school I applied to. Others have posted similar stats with similar results, but I'm the one coming out of this as a dick? I fail to see how any of this is more than just insecurity for seeing someone post "In at Boalt" in the same thread someone posts "In at GW".

andy261

Postby andy261 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:This thread has amoebic dysentery.

Just burst out laughing at work.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:22 pm

andy261 wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:This thread has amoebic dysentery.

Just burst out laughing at work.

:D

mg7

Postby mg7 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

LRGhost wrote:Take it for what you want, dude. You've been a self-aggrandizing dick for a while and I posted this now because you got upset that someone said you don't qualify as a splitter for purposes of this thread. Like someone else posted, you wouldn't go into the BU/BC thread and talk about getting rejected from Harvard. But whatever, have your last word.

Noodley prob wouldn't bc he's not a dick. On the other hand, this guy is. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193392&start=825#p6361434

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

mg7 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Take it for what you want, dude. You've been a self-aggrandizing dick for a while and I posted this now because you got upset that someone said you don't qualify as a splitter for purposes of this thread. Like someone else posted, you wouldn't go into the BU/BC thread and talk about getting rejected from Harvard. But whatever, have your last word.

Noodley prob wouldn't bc he's not a dick. On the other hand, this guy is. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193392&start=825#p6361434

:D :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”