Splitter Results for 2012-2013 App Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
florida1949

Re: Splitter Results for 2012-2013 App Cycle

Postby florida1949 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm

edit
Last edited by florida1949 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

florida1949

Postby florida1949 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm

170/176/3.5 (my undergraduate GPA is a non-negligible amount lower though, i took community college classes in high school)

submitted in early November

UVA - WL
GULC - In
Vandy - In
Penn - Held
Michigan - nothing
NYU - nothing
CLS - nothing
Chicago - nothing
Berkeley - nothing
Duke - PR
UCLA - WL
Northwestern - nothing
Harvard (lol, why'd I bother) - nothing

expecting a lot of WLs

andy261

Postby andy261 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:For the sake of not making this a humblebrag thread for people who are only considered splitters at HYS let's say splitters with <3.3 and >163 would be the target for this thread.

gingerbreadsmouse

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm

florida1949 wrote:170/176/3.5 (my undergraduate GPA is a non-negligible amount lower though, i took community college classes in high school)

submitted in early November

UVA - WL
GULC - In
Vandy - In
Penn - Held
Michigan - nothing
NYU - nothing
CLS - nothing
Chicago - nothing
Berkeley - nothing
Duke - PR
UCLA - WL
Northwestern - nothing
Harvard (lol, why'd I bother) - nothing

expecting a lot of WLs

Best of luck... And I LOVE Noah :)

callipygian

Postby callipygian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Update:

In:
UVA
Michigan
Duke
Georgetown
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Out:
Berkeley :cry:

~3.3, 173, non-URM

KingsCup

Postby KingsCup » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:22 pm

yupyup wrote:
bgoodrick wrote:2.8, 167

UVA-out
GULC-out
GWU-in
Emory-pending
BU-pending
BC-pending
William and Mary-pending
UGA-pending
Hastings-pending
Wake Forest-pending
SMU-in
Loyola-in
UMiami-in

Is that Loyola LA? When did you submit and when did you hear back? We have similar numbers. I applied in earlier November and haven't heard back. :-/ Congrats on your acceptances btw, esp. GWU!

Yes, Loyola LA. Submitted everything early/mid-november. Heard back about two weeks ago.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm

callipygian wrote:Update:

In:
UVA
Michigan
Duke
Georgetown
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Out:

~3.3, 173, non-URM

Hoping M or V will show me some love :(

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm

andy261 wrote:
BitterSplitter wrote:For the sake of not making this a humblebrag thread for people who are only considered splitters at HYS let's say splitters with <3.3 and >163 would be the target for this thread.

And I say fuck that qualification.

JUburton

Postby JUburton » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm

In:
UVA
Michigan
Duke
Georgetown
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Out:

~3.3, 173, non-URM
We're practically the same...3.42/172.

In at W&L, Temple so far...think I have Vandy waiting for me at home.

Waiting on UVA, Michigan, GTown, Penn, and NYU. When did you apply? I'd love to get Michigan, UVA, and/or GTown but I'm not totally holding my breath.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

JUburton wrote:

In:
UVA
Michigan
Duke
Georgetown
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Out:

~3.3, 173, non-URM

Waiting on UVA, Michigan, GTown, Penn, and NYU. When did you apply? I'd love to get Michigan, UVA, and/or GTown but I'm not totally holding my breath.

You should get one of those three.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

LRGhost wrote:
JUburton wrote:

In:
UVA
Michigan
Duke
Georgetown
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Out:

~3.3, 173, non-URM

You should get one of those three.

Also basically the same. Check my LSN. You have a very good chance at Michigan on down.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
andy261 wrote:

Then what's the point of this thread? As much as I respect every poster here, the helpfulness goes down if everyone just posts.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm

andy261 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
andy261 wrote:

Then what's the point of this thread? As much as I respect every poster here, the helpfulness goes down if everyone just posts.

+1.

pedestrian

Postby pedestrian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
andy261 wrote:

Dude, start your own thread then. Nobody is challenging your god-given right to call yourself a splitter, or a flamingo for that matter. I'm sure there are some 180/3.9s out there who feel ugly when they look at their GPA in the mirror and want someone to comiserate with.

The idea of a thread is to connect people who are similarly situated. This fight over the definition of "splitter" comes up every year, and OP tried to avoid it by making the criteria ITT very clear. The simple fact is that the results of anyone with a GPA > 3.4 are not very useful to many of us.

I know that it seems mean to "exclude" people and that it hurts your feelings and such, but I don't see why. You don't go to the BU thread and complain that you would rather talk about Harvard.

goCATSgo

Postby goCATSgo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm

pedestrian wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
andy261 wrote:

Dude, start your own thread then. Nobody is challenging your god-given right to call yourself a splitter, or a flamingo for that matter. I'm sure there are some 180/3.9s out there who feel ugly when they look at their GPA in the mirror and want someone to comiserate with.

The idea of a thread is to connect people who are similarly situated. This fight over the definition of "splitter" comes up every year, and OP tried to avoid it by making the criteria ITT very clear. The simple fact is that the results of anyone with a GPA > 3.4 are not very useful to many of us.

I know that it seems mean to "exclude" people and that it hurts your feelings and such, but I don't see why. You don't go to the BU thread and complain that you would rather talk about Harvard.

+12

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm

pedestrian wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
andy261 wrote:

This is the problem with creating a thread with the goal of learning something, then deliberately closing off some folks who might not fit into the bin you've designed. There are as many stories as there are candidates and I'm guessing you'd learn enough from the extra posts to justify the anguish of reading them.

Just my take. When in doubt, be more inclusive.

BitterSplitter

Postby BitterSplitter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingFish

Postby KingFish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm

pedestrian wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
andy261 wrote:

With a 3.5, he is a splitter at the TOP 30 law schools. Including BU.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

KingFish wrote:With a 3.5, he is a splitter at the TOP 30 law schools. Including BU.

His shtick is being a dick. Everyone knows his score and GPA and yeah, if you want to be technical, sure he's below a lot of school's 25th percentile, but he's not relevant to this thread which specifically outlined how we're defining splitter. There are a lot of 3.5+/high LSAT people out there. There are dramatically less sub 3.4/high LSAT people out there. And everything seems to suggest that admissions decisions differ when you talk about a 3.5/176 and a 3.0/176.

BitterSplitter

Postby BitterSplitter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
pedestrian wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:And I say fuck that qualification.

This is the problem with creating a thread with the goal of learning something, then deliberately closing off some folks who might not fit into the bin you've designed. There are as many stories as there are candidates and I'm guessing you'd learn enough from the extra posts to justify the anguish of reading them.

Just my take. When in doubt, be more inclusive.

This thread was made to prevent splitters from having to fish through countless "useless" cycle results and see exactly where people in their range are gettin accepted to and where they are getting rejected from. In reality, I have no qualms with people who are only splitters in the t14 bracket from posting because they give valuable insight into the potential benefits of boosting your LSAT score or GPA(if your still in UG) to a certain mark. For example, the results of a cycle for a candidate with a 2.0-3.0 and a 170 would give me (2.78 166) valuable info on whether or not I should retake and reapply when compared to my cycle results. Even a 3.8/176 would give a 3.2/176 splitter valuable information as to the ceiling that a majority of their apps should fall under (minus the couple hail mary apps splitters should submit). This is why I left the OP open by saying target stats rather than required or whatever. Its the reverse splitters in this thread that shouldn't be posting in here. Someone else made a reverse splitter thread right after this thread was made and their stats are useless to us, and ours useless to them. But like I said, I am not in the business of becoming thread dictator lol thats why I never commented on any particular post saying they shouldnt be here. so who ever wants to post do so but be ready for the respones from a slew of splitters and their volatile emotional states as they ride out their cold, cruel and arduous winter waitlists. To all splitters, r-splitters, normal and even polka-dotted applicants; good luck with your cycles

2.78 GPA 166 LSAT

UC Berkeley- DING 2/6
W&L- WL/withdrawn
Fordham- DING 1/16
BC- WL
BU- DING 3/8
UIUC- WL/IN/withdrawn
UC Davis- WL/INwith30k/withdrawn
UoP- WL/Admit/withdrawn

Submitted 2/6:
U Minn- WL/INwith84K/withdrawn
George Washington- WL/INwith27k - ATTENDING
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 pm

BitterSplitter wrote: so who ever wants to post do so but be ready for the respones from a slew of splitters and their volatile emotional states as they ride out their cold, cruel and arduous winter waitlists.

:-)

Fair enough.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm

LRGhost wrote:
KingFish wrote:With a 3.5, he is a splitter at the TOP 30 law schools. Including BU.

His shtick is being a dick. Everyone knows his score and GPA and yeah, if you want to be technical, sure he's below a lot of school's 25th percentile, but he's not relevant to this thread which specifically outlined how we're defining splitter. There are a lot of 3.5+/high LSAT people out there. There are dramatically less sub 3.4/high LSAT people out there. And everything seems to suggest that admissions decisions differ when you talk about a 3.5/176 and a 3.0/176.

How is it my schtick to be a dick? What's the point of this fucking thread anyway that can't be solved with a click over to lawschoolnumbers, then? I'm sorry I did better in Undergrad and did better on my LSAT than you, since that seems to be the source of the complaint.

yupyup

Postby yupyup » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm

BitterSplitter wrote:
yupyup wrote:Update:

Berkeley - Ding
NYU - Ding

:( :cry:

Well, as they say, "If you never play the lottery..." At least I gave it a shot...

when did you submit and when did you go under review for berk?

Applied: 11/6
Under review: 11/21
Dinged today

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm

3.5 is still below almost every T14 25th. I don't really get the point of excluding such gpas unless you're trying to compile people here who are below T14 floors. But sub 25th gpa and above 75th LSAT is the classic splitter, so I really don't get the hate itt.

Volforlife

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:How is it my schtick to be a dick? What's the point of this fucking thread anyway that can't be solved with a click over to lawschoolnumbers, then? I'm sorry I did better in Undergrad and did better on my LSAT than you, since that seems to be the source of the complaint.

Noodley, you are in fact not a dick. I am a fellow splitter that is not welcome here. So it goes.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”