February LSAT Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rory19

Bronze

February LSAT

Post by Rory19 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 pm

I am contemplating taking the February LSAT to (ideally) supplement my application file and increase my chances of getting off the waiting lists I have been put on already (UVA and Penn).

Does anyone know if:
(1) This is something that could help supplement my application assuming it was a higher score?
(2) What effect my registering for an additional LSAT date could have on the admissions decisions that are still pending?

whisky

New

Re: February LSAT

Post by whisky » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 pm

I'm in the same boat. I don't see any downsides to retaking, especially if you're already accepted to a school you would be happy attending. The schools you are waitlisted at will definitely look at the new score. Schools that you are borderline with will probably hold your application until they get your score, but scoring higher would surely help.

az21833

Silver

Post by az21833 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:05 am

i thought about this but most schools explicitly state they only consider up to December. plus it will cause an auto delay at the schools your pending on. And theres always a chance you stay teh same or go down in which case they will most certainly not let you in off the WL...

chickpea

Bronze

/

Post by chickpea » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Last edited by chickpea on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rory19

Bronze

Post by Rory19 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Just a follow-up:

So I registered for the February LSAT and I still have 5 decisions pending. I recall reading somewhere on the forum of someone who turned in an application prior to a December retake and that the school contacted them stating that their application will be held. Does anyone know if the schools are all notified through LSAC of my registration for the February LSAT? Should I write to them to ask them to hold my admissions decision for my score? How should I approach schools like NYU that do not accept February scores?

My inclination is to write a LOCI that states I have also registered for the February LSAT in an effort to provide the school with more information about my candidacy.

az21833

Silver

Post by az21833 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 pm

in all honestly, i would recommend waiting a cycle for people hoping for a february lsat boost, its just too late for you to fully benefit. to answer you question, LOCI and call admissions office everywhere you are pending to discuss.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”