Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MacB
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby MacB » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 pm

mtrrw wrote:Hey Everyone...first time posting ITT. Put on hold 3/22 without being offered JS1. Complete 1/7 I'm guessing that means I have slim to zero chance of moving forward, right?

Good luck to everyone!


Don't know if any of us can tell you what your hold means at this point. JS just raided the GPA/awesome mother-effing candidate cookie jar yesterday, so I guess it depends a bit on what you have and what they need? In any event, welcome.

User avatar
kuddlykoala
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby kuddlykoala » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 pm

april 19th guys! let's hope there's at least a few more js2s before the waitlist wave!

switchis32
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:35 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby switchis32 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:00 am

Wait, I'm sorry but where is everyone getting the April 19th date?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby ph5354a » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:41 am

switchis32 wrote:Wait, I'm sorry but where is everyone getting the April 19th date?


A few pages back someone asked when we thought the wait list was coming out. I said April 19. I obviously have zero inside information. I thought that was clear...

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby Lavitz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 pm

ph5354a wrote:
switchis32 wrote:Wait, I'm sorry but where is everyone getting the April 19th date?


A few pages back someone asked when we thought the wait list was coming out. I said April 19. I obviously have zero inside information. I thought that was clear...

Sounds about right though, since last year the small wave occurred around April 19th and the large wave around April 30th. Plus it is a Friday and one week before the last ASW.

At the very least, I would expect them to try and finish all the regular admits before ASW.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby 04102014 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Lavitz wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
switchis32 wrote:Wait, I'm sorry but where is everyone getting the April 19th date?


A few pages back someone asked when we thought the wait list was coming out. I said April 19. I obviously have zero inside information. I thought that was clear...

Sounds about right though, since last year the small wave occurred around April 19th and the large wave around April 30th. Plus it is a Friday and one week before the last ASW.

At the very least, I would expect them to try and finish all the regular admits before ASW.


I really hope to know my fate within the next two weeks.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby digifly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:05 pm

The real question is, assuming a lot of us get WL, when will most of THAT action happen?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby Lavitz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:15 am

digifly wrote:The real question is, assuming a lot of us get WL, when will most of THAT action happen?

Well, the only two WL waves were the ones I just mentioned, and since the second wave was much larger than the first, I would guess "most of that action" will happen end of April / beginning of May. I expect the week after ASW will be spent figuring out who gets dinged and who gets WL'd and then that's that.

As an aside, you know you've been on TLS too long when your friend texts you about seeing Jurassic Park and your first thought is "wow, digifly would love that."

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 am

Has Lavitz still not gotten accepted by HYSCC? Completely ridiculous.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby digifly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 am

Lavitz wrote:
digifly wrote:The real question is, assuming a lot of us get WL, when will most of THAT action happen?

Well, the only two WL waves were the ones I just mentioned, and since the second wave was much larger than the first, I would guess "most of that action" will happen end of April / beginning of May. I expect the week after ASW will be spent figuring out who gets dinged and who gets WL'd and then that's that.

As an aside, you know you've been on TLS too long when your friend texts you about seeing Jurassic Park and your first thought is "wow, digifly would love that."


Sorry, I meant when would post-WL movement occur. As in, if we make it to the waitlist, when should we hope to hear by?

And yeah man, I hate 3D movies but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't donning my JP shirt and hitting up the midnight premiere in April! haha

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Sent in an update. Of course now I expect to magically get a JS1. Can't help being irrational and delusional. :oops:

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby txdude45 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Sending an additional LoR this week. Spur some movement? 0% chance.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 pm

cool, WLs by May 1st.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby eyfl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 pm

I still believe a few JS1s / JS2s will come our way :?

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9639
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:01 pm

txdude45 wrote:Sending an additional LoR this week. Spur some movement? 0% chance.


not even sure this is advisable since they specifically asked you not to

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby shntn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm

helix23 wrote:cool, WLs by May 1st.

I kinda want an answer already, bros. May 1st will be too late.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby cwid1391 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:25 pm

shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:cool, WLs by May 1st.

I kinda want an answer already, bros. May 1st will be too late.


Where did this info come from?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby txdude45 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Sending an additional LoR this week. Spur some movement? 0% chance.


not even sure this is advisable since they specifically asked you not to


i could be wrong, but i think the exact wording is "not required".

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby ph5354a » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 pm

fwiw: "You can also send an update about an honor or award you’ve recently won, a new job, or anything else you think could materially impact your application. Additional letters of recommendation are not necessary."

--LinkRemoved--

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby shntn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:cool, WLs by May 1st.

I kinda want an answer already, bros. May 1st will be too late.


Where did this info come from?

I mean, it'll be too late for me. I'll have committed elsewhere by then, and I'm not ditching plans just because H decides I'm good enough after all.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby cwid1391 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm

shntn wrote:
cwid1391 wrote:
shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:cool, WLs by May 1st.

I kinda want an answer already, bros. May 1st will be too late.


Where did this info come from?

I mean, it'll be too late for me. I'll have committed elsewhere by then, and I'm not ditching plans just because H decides I'm good enough after all.


Sorry, I meant the May 1st WL date.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:58 pm

ph5354a wrote:fwiw: "You can also send an update about an honor or award you’ve recently won, a new job, or anything else you think could materially impact your application. Additional letters of recommendation are not necessary."

--LinkRemoved--


yeah they are "not necessary". i sent in 2 additional LORs FWIW. like i mentioned before, i have no idea whether they helped but i think its clear they wont hurt you. its not like they are prohibited.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:58 pm

cwid1391 wrote:
shntn wrote:
helix23 wrote:cool, WLs by May 1st.

I kinda want an answer already, bros. May 1st will be too late.


Where did this info come from?


someone above said all decisions would be out by May 1st but it looks like they ninja deleted it.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby shntn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm gonna send in pictures of me and my dogs. They're really adorable.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby txdude45 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm

shntn wrote:I'm gonna send in pictures of me and my dogs. They're really adorable.


If I were an admissions officer and someone was cheeky enough to send me puppy pictures, they'd be an auto-accept. Something to this effect must be the mentality of HLS, since dogs ITT = movement.

edit: this may only work in the regular Harvard thread




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests