Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MAHamlin
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby MAHamlin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm

switchis32 wrote:any thoughts on whether any post hold js1's will come this week?


I am certain there are a great many thoughts regarding this. I doubt, however, that any of those thoughts are based on much more than desperate hope and speculation.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby TripTrip » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm

MAHamlin wrote:
switchis32 wrote:any thoughts on whether any post hold js1's will come this week?


I am certain there are a great many thoughts regarding this. I doubt, however, that any of those thoughts are based on much more than desperate hope and speculation.

+1

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 am

So at this point there have been no post-hold JS1s, right? Or am I out of the loop?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby Lavitz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 am

ohpobrecito wrote:So at this point there have been no post-hold JS1s, right? Or am I out of the loop?

You're out of the loop.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

Lavitz wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:So at this point there have been no post-hold JS1s, right? Or am I out of the loop?

You're out of the loop.


People need to update dat spreadsheet then.

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby d330 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am

Well I asked for it and now I'm here. Held this morning. What are people considering LOCI worthy? Are papers and panel invitations on the list?

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby bluecouch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm

d330 wrote:Well I asked for it and now I'm here. Held this morning. What are people considering LOCI worthy? Are papers and panel invitations on the list?


I think they are. I'm updating my CV with a paper under review (maybe two if my coauthor gets on it).

nextstep222
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby nextstep222 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

no JS1. held however long ago it took me to read all 25 pages of this thread and lose hope.

3.8x, 167, top ten undergrad, strong softs, lots of misery

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby shntn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

nextstep222 wrote:lots of misery

+1

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby VeeD101 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:So at this point there have been no post-hold JS1s, right? Or am I out of the loop?

You're out of the loop.


People need to update dat spreadsheet then.


Yes, please update the spreadsheet so we can track this with at least some degree of accuracy. Also, it helps to keep the false hope alive.

User avatar
joshhoward
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby joshhoward » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:25 pm

held today. no js1.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby wert3813 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:34 pm

kingabraham3 wrote:held today. no js1.


Thought you were deferred at UM? Regardless, can you do everyone a favor and make it so that your 2011 cycle stops showing up on the 2013 LSN graphs?

lak90
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby lak90 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm

shntn wrote:
nextstep222 wrote:lots of misery

+1


+1

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm

I reckon I'm about to join this group pretty soon... if I had a mid-February JS1 but haven't heard anything since then, anyone think it'd be worth it to shoot Harvard a LOCI? Or am I just being impatient?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

wait for hold. then ONLY send LOCI if you have a major update.

note that the two guys who recently got in off hold (demos and trom) both sent NO loci despite being held for many months and got in. tons of ppl who have sent them in have heard nothing, myself included

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby d330 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:I reckon I'm about to join this group pretty soon... if I had a mid-February JS1 but haven't heard anything since then, anyone think it'd be worth it to shoot Harvard a LOCI? Or am I just being impatient?


I have two responses - one, you'll likely get in. And the second is that no one really knows how much they consider LOCI's before they have made a decision and if I were to do anything it would be to send an email with a few things bulleted as information you'd like to add to your file. But save the LOCI for if you don't get in.

Also, my hold says nothing about anyone else's. Trust me. My situation is as unique as it gets. And I'll leave it at that before every admissions officer and admissions officer's cousin who is in this thread recognizes me.

Also, I'd put in an update that you consider major. How can you quantify major? It would be lame if decisions were being made based on who sent LOCIs and who didn't.

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby d330 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm

What is a major update?

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby digifly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 pm

az21833 wrote:wait for hold. then ONLY send LOCI if you have a major update.

note that the two guys who recently got in off hold (demos and trom) both sent NO loci despite being held for many months and got in. tons of ppl who have sent them in have heard nothing, myself included


We should've played hard to get.

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby d330 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm

digifly wrote:
az21833 wrote:wait for hold. then ONLY send LOCI if you have a major update.

note that the two guys who recently got in off hold (demos and trom) both sent NO loci despite being held for many months and got in. tons of ppl who have sent them in have heard nothing, myself included


We should've played hard to get.


Nah you play hard to get after you get into Yale.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:02 pm

az21833 wrote:wait for hold. then ONLY send LOCI if you have a major update.

note that the two guys who recently got in off hold (demos and trom) both sent NO loci despite being held for many months and got in. tons of ppl who have sent them in have heard nothing, myself included


d330 wrote:I have two responses - one, you'll likely get in. And the second is that no one really knows how much they consider LOCI's before they have made a decision and if I were to do anything it would be to send an email with a few things bulleted as information you'd like to add to your file. But save the LOCI for if you don't get in.

Also, my hold says nothing about anyone else's. Trust me. My situation is as unique as it gets. And I'll leave it at that before every admissions officer and admissions officer's cousin who is in this thread recognizes me.

Also, I'd put in an update that you consider major. How can you quantify major? It would be lame if decisions were being made based on who sent LOCIs and who didn't.


Thanks for the advice. The only "major" update I have is that I've been hired as a paralegal at a small firm, so I'll probably just hold off on sending anything. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only person not sending a post-JS1 update or thank-you letter. Harvard obviously knows they're at the top off my list!

gertie
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby gertie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:11 pm

What do you guys think about sending scholarship offers from other T14 schools to Harvard as an update?

Some lawyers at the Law Firm where I work suggested that i do that. What are your thoughts on this?

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby wert3813 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:14 pm

gertie wrote:What do you guys think about sending scholarship offers from other T14 schools to Harvard as an update?

Some lawyers at the Law Firm where I work suggested that i do that. What are your thoughts on this?


OldPeopleGiveTerribleAdvice VOL. 33,854

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby cwid1391 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:18 pm

wert3813 wrote:
gertie wrote:What do you guys think about sending scholarship offers from other T14 schools to Harvard as an update?

Some lawyers at the Law Firm where I work suggested that i do that. What are your thoughts on this?


OldPeopleGiveTerribleAdvice VOL. 33,854


:lol:

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby wert3813 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:20 pm

wert3813 wrote:
gertie wrote:What do you guys think about sending scholarship offers from other T14 schools to Harvard as an update?

Some lawyers at the Law Firm where I work suggested that i do that. What are your thoughts on this?


OldPeopleGiveTerribleAdvice VOL. 33,854


Jokes aside, I would like to bet money that this wouldn't go well.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 pm

wert3813 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
gertie wrote:What do you guys think about sending scholarship offers from other T14 schools to Harvard as an update?

Some lawyers at the Law Firm where I work suggested that i do that. What are your thoughts on this?


OldPeopleGiveTerribleAdvice VOL. 33,854


Jokes aside, I would like to bet money that this wouldn't go well.


Seriously.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”