Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby bosmer88 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm

mommalee wrote:
bosmer88 wrote:Barring a rejection email, it seems I shall be joining you all.


Why do you think that? Has it been that long since your JS1?


I interviewed on the 8th. JS1s before that date have gotten JS2s and JS1s after that date (2/14 interviews) have been accepted.

Edit: I have a deep, sickening feeling I am going to be rejected.
Last edited by bosmer88 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby TrustInMusic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm

az21833 wrote:hey, who are my post js1 holds up in this joint? how long post js1 did you get your hold and was it email? looks like im headed this way after not being included in todays wave. glad to have company.


az, don't you think you're being a bit pessimistic? There are tons of people who have waited weeks post JS-1 and gotten a JS-2 later anyways. besides, you got into S, so you clearly got the creds to get into H
I'm sure you will get into H soon. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a JS1 :(

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby clouded.memory » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Really, really trying not to lose hope over here.

wwUSMC84
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby wwUSMC84 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Would any of you fine fellow holdees be willing to peruse my LOCI/app update?

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby masked kavana » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 pm

wwUSMC84 wrote:Would any of you fine fellow holdees be willing to peruse my LOCI/app update?


Send it over!!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

sup my hold ppl

you guyz ready for this thread to blow up in a month?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 pm

officially joining the ranks - got my hold email today. who else here is on hold after js1?

User avatar
kuddlykoala
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby kuddlykoala » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

me

bfigsan
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby bfigsan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

az21833 wrote:officially joining the ranks - got my hold email today. who else here is on hold after js1?


+1 The anxiety continues

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 pm

guys do we will or snail mail LOCI? and to what address?

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:54 pm

az21833 wrote:officially joining the ranks - got my hold email today. who else here is on hold after js1?


Post JS1 hold here. JS1 was on Nov 8.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby txdude45 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Checking in

"My name is txdude45 and I'm a non-JS1 hold"

"Hi, txdude45"

5buildingsin1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby 5buildingsin1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 pm

txdude45 wrote:Checking in

"My name is txdude45 and I'm a non-JS1 hold"

"Hi, txdude45"


Checking in

"My name is 5buildingsin1 and I'm a KB1 hold"

"Hi, 5buildingsin1"

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby VeeD101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello all - non-JS1 hold today.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm

whats the scoop on our chances of getting in and when we will hear of our fate?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 pm

az21833 wrote:whats the scoop on our chances of getting in and when we will hear of our fate?


Briefly looking over past threads, it looks like most activity starts to happen end of March through end of April.

As I've said in this thread previously, the actual data of how many holds there are and the final results of all those holds are hard to come by/calculate. Overall, it appears that the chances of acceptance aren't great. WL seems the most likely outcome.

How JS1 -> Hold fares with JS0 -> Hold might be a significant, but again, really hard to figure out.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby digifly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:22 pm

helix23 wrote:
az21833 wrote:whats the scoop on our chances of getting in and when we will hear of our fate?


Briefly looking over past threads, it looks like most activity starts to happen end of March through end of April.

As I've said in this thread previously, the actual data of how many holds there are and the final results of all those holds are hard to come by/calculate. Overall, it appears that the chances of acceptance aren't great. WL seems the most likely outcome.

How JS1 -> Hold fares with JS0 -> Hold might be a significant, but again, really hard to figure out.


Wondering the same thing about Hold -> WL -> JS1 chances.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby helix23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm

digifly wrote:
Wondering the same thing about Hold -> WL -> JS1 chances.


here ya go. gl hf.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=183094&hilit=Harvard+waitlist

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby Lavitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:34 pm

helix23 wrote:
digifly wrote:
Wondering the same thing about Hold -> WL -> JS1 chances.


here ya go. gl hf.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=183094&hilit=Harvard+waitlist

It's worth noting that only 5 out of the 71 in the OP's spreadsheet had JS1s prior to being waitlisted.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Lavitz wrote:
helix23 wrote:
digifly wrote:
Wondering the same thing about Hold -> WL -> JS1 chances.


here ya go. gl hf.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=183094&hilit=Harvard+waitlist

It's worth noting that only 5 out of the 71 in the OP's spreadsheet had JS1s prior to being waitlisted.


lol feels good to be special.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby VeeD101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:37 pm

How many people held are below both 25ths?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby Lavitz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm

az21833 wrote:lol feels good to be special.

We haven't been waitlisted yet; just held.

And think about the implications of very few JS1-->holds making it to the waitlist last year. Something must have happened to the rest of them...

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby az21833 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Lavitz wrote:
az21833 wrote:lol feels good to be special.

We haven't been waitlisted yet; just held.

And think about the implications of very few JS1-->holds making it to the waitlist last year. Something must have happened to the rest of them...


im trying to figure out if they fact they have spoken to us and still don't like us means we are more likely to get dinged or whether the fact they gave us a js1 initially based off our app/#s means we are more likely to get in

in other words.. did those guys get accepted or rejected, if they weren't on the waitlist?

User avatar
Fussell
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby Fussell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Checking in and joining the club. No JS1 and received the email today.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Held @ Harvard 2013 style

Postby digifly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Lavitz wrote:
az21833 wrote:lol feels good to be special.

We haven't been waitlisted yet; just held.

And think about the implications of very few JS1-->holds making it to the waitlist last year. Something must have happened to the rest of them...


It's like the lost colony of Roanoke, except I know where they went....

Yale or Stanford




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChodeAnalBead, Cowgirl, dsberkeley, Exabot [Bot], fountainja, Google Adsense [Bot], Kaziende, MSNbot Media, ray.bee, TAD, woojin1287 and 10 guests