PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DaRascal

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 am

Lol you guys think about this stuff way too much. If you want to do it then do it, but if you don't then don't. Be free, my friends! :P

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:07 am

I thought you were supposed to Instagram a fancy picture of ALL of your acceptances?

Thats what my newsfeed tells me, anyway.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:38 am

If I get into Harvard I'd do one better and take out a billboard ad. Full douche.

csexton182

Postby csexton182 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am

but i got into cooley with a FULL RIDE

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:It's douchy. Don't do it.

TOO LATE. i've never been happier to go back to school and get out of my dead end shithole minimum wage job. of course i'm gonna post it.

i'll also post pictures of my new dog on facebook, as well as instagram pictures of my food and booze.

Guess I don't get the point of this whole thread. Tens of thousands of TLS posts/day attest to the emotional investment of individuals vying for law school admission. No point in talking yourself into being too cool to embrace it. Be excited and share the experience with your friends/family in whatever way you normally share things. I posted a snapshot of my most cherished letter and I will frame the fucker too. My family and friends appreciated it.

ruralaw

Postby ruralaw » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:If I get into Harvard I'd do one better and take out a billboard ad. Full douche.

+1

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 am

IAFG wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:I did it, but only once. Posting ALL my letters would be douchey and annoying.

this. for the school i'm attending. posting one every time you get accepted WOULD be douchey.

so whatever you all feel like doing isn't douchey but anything more than that is. got it.

Now you're catching on. It was in my "graduation from High School" outbrief.

Mad Hatter

Postby Mad Hatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 am

kingsfield69 wrote:180.

Guess I don't get the point of this whole thread. Tens of thousands of TLS posts/day attest to the emotional investment of individuals vying for law school admission. No point in talking yourself into being too cool to embrace it. Be excited and share the experience with your friends/family in whatever way you normally share things. I posted a snapshot of my most cherished letter and I will frame the fucker too. My family and friends appreciated it.

Act like you've been there before bro.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 am

If you didn't get into HYSCC, then you have nothing to be celebrating yet anyway.
Last edited by hume85 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 am

Mad Hatter wrote:

Lol. What, are you trying to be like the Yoda of sophomoric bullshit? Trust me "bro" ... I get this difference between "excessive celebration" and giving the many people who helped me reach my objective a touchpoint so they can share the experience.

exitoptions

Postby exitoptions » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am

I don't get why this is a thing... Don't people just brag at holiday parties anymore?

Mad Hatter

Postby Mad Hatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:29 am

kingsfield69 wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

Lol. What, are you trying to be like the Yoda of sophomoric bullshit? Trust me "bro" ... I get this difference between "excessive celebration" and giving the many people who helped me reach my objective a touchpoint so they can share the experience.

nm, just noticed you're going to Harvard. Ignore everything I've said, you're good to go.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 am

It is way douchey. Most people will eventually grow up and stop humble-bragging/ outright bragging on facebook. It literally only hurts you.

Your family and friends don't "share in the moment" when you post your A+ in torts or your acceptance to GULC; assuming they aren't also douches, they are happy for you but also concerned and embarrassed for you. It is obnoxious to post stuff like that online. Doing so outs you immediately as not having social skills and/or self-confidence. It is not surprising in the least that many TLS posters have committed this douchey error, but thats TLS for you.

Very few of you will be doing this stuff when you are 40. Stop now- you'll have way more friends.

Mad Hatter

Postby Mad Hatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:It is way douchey. Most people will eventually grow up and stop humble-bragging/ outright bragging on facebook. It literally only hurts you.

Your family and friends don't "share in the moment" when you post your A+ in torts or your acceptance to GULC; assuming they aren't also douches, they are happy for you but also concerned and embarrassed for you. It is obnoxious to post stuff like that online. Doing so outs you immediately as not having social skills and/or self-confidence. It is not surprising in the least that many TLS posters have committed this douchey error, but thats TLS for you.

Very few of you will be doing this stuff when you are 40. Stop now- you'll have way more friends.

Something something spershel snerflek.

specialsnowflake

Postby specialsnowflake » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:46 am

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:It is way douchey. Most people will eventually grow up and stop humble-bragging/ outright bragging on facebook. It literally only hurts you.

lol it sounds like you have no social skills

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah, things will be so much simpler once this whole internet fad blows over.

BTW, if you're going to post in this tone of voice, mebbe change your handle to "Lord Dwight K. Schrute."

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 pm

moonman157 wrote:To me, the only acceptable law school admissions statuses are 1) non-specific "got into law school" with a sarcastic comment about how foolish they were to accept you, and 2) the school you ultimately go to with as "school x class of 2030!"

This. Nothing at all wrong with celebrating the fact that you got in--it's an accomplishment to be proud of. But taking the time and effort to post a blurry picture of your acceptance letter is like combining your changed relationship status with a picture of your new girlfriend's vagina--technically relevant, but wholly unnecessary and a little weird for everyone.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 pm

It's fine, but just do it once when you actually know you are attending that school. Not just being accepted.

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 pm

sinfiery wrote:It's fine, but just do it once when you actually know you are attending that school. Not just being accepted.

This.

Borg

Postby Borg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

The douchiest person I know posted her HBS acceptance with a shitload of exclamation points and changed her photo to a picture of herself in a Harvard t-shirt. For the next week she kept posting articles about Harvard, jokes at the expense of Columbia, Wharton, and Chicago (which hadn't gotten back to her yet), and a shitload more pictures of herself in the Harvard t-shirt with captions like "how does the Harvard t-shirt look post-workout? Great still, obviously it's Harvard!"

It abruptly ended when one of our classmates made a post on her wall that said "umm maybe you should tone it down..." Hilarious.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Borg wrote:The douchiest person I know posted her HBS acceptance with a shitload of exclamation points and changed her photo to a picture of herself in a Harvard t-shirt. For the next week she kept posting articles about Harvard, jokes at the expense of Columbia, Wharton, and Chicago (which hadn't gotten back to her yet), and a shitload more pictures of herself in the Harvard t-shirt with captions like "how does the Harvard t-shirt look post-workout? Great still, obviously it's Harvard!"

It abruptly ended when one of our classmates made a post on her wall that said "umm maybe you should tone it down..." Hilarious.

She clearly has self-esteem issues, and probably hates herself too, so you can ignore her, because she no matter who high she climbs she will always still lose.

Mad Hatter

Postby Mad Hatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Borg wrote:The douchiest person I know posted her HBS acceptance with a shitload of exclamation points and changed her photo to a picture of herself in a Harvard t-shirt. For the next week she kept posting articles about Harvard, jokes at the expense of Columbia, Wharton, and Chicago (which hadn't gotten back to her yet), and a shitload more pictures of herself in the Harvard t-shirt with captions like "how does the Harvard t-shirt look post-workout? Great still, obviously it's Harvard!"

Mad Hatter wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:

nm, just noticed you're going to Harvard. Ignore everything I've said, you're good to go.

pacifica

Postby pacifica » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 pm

nickb285 wrote:Nothing at all wrong with celebrating the fact that you got in--it's an accomplishment to be proud of. But taking the time and effort to post a blurry picture of your acceptance letter is like combining your changed relationship status with a picture of your new girlfriend's vagina--technically relevant, but wholly unnecessary and a little weird for everyone.

lol. but what if it's Angelina/HYS?

helix23

Postby helix23 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Facebook is predominately a self-centered medium. Not sure how posting an acceptance letter is douchier than posting your vacation pics from Maui.

hume85

Postby hume85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 pm

helix23 wrote:Facebook is predominately a self-centered medium. Not sure how posting an acceptance letter is douchier than posting your vacation pics from Maui.

Not a terrible point.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”