PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby DaRascal » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Do you guys ever get unfriended on Facebook? What's up with that? 8)

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby ilovesf » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Stop caring so much about facebook.

User avatar
Paraflam
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby Paraflam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
Paraflam wrote:With the types of annoying, pointless shit that show up on my newsfeed, posting an acceptance letter is one of the least douchey things I've seen. Most of the deadbeats I went to high school with haven't done anything with their lives since, so I'm actually happy to see people posting about their accomplishments.

Kind of seems douchey to write off a bunch of people as deadbeats.

Haha, I didn't mean to say that ALL of the people I went to hs with were deadbeats and only a few of them did something with their lives. I did mean to say that MOST of the people I went to hs with still smoke weed/eat shrooms in their parents' basements, spend their entire paychecks on expensive clothes, mods for their cars, and bottle service at clubs, have been in and out of jail, or generally have no motivation or plans to ever do something positive with themselves. Most of my newsfeed is full these people, so I don't think it's douchey when I see someone do something like post an acceptance letter or some other accomplishment they're excited about because it's good to hear about people who are pursuing their goals.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:It is way douchey. Most people will eventually grow up and stop humble-bragging/ outright bragging on facebook. It literally only hurts you.

Your family and friends don't "share in the moment" when you post your A+ in torts or your acceptance to GULC; assuming they aren't also douches, they are happy for you but also concerned and embarrassed for you. It is obnoxious to post stuff like that online. Doing so outs you immediately as not having social skills and/or self-confidence. It is not surprising in the least that many TLS posters have committed this douchey error, but thats TLS for you.

Very few of you will be doing this stuff when you are 40. Stop now- you'll have way more friends.


Are you the sort of shitboomer that leaves serious reviews on Applebee's facebook page?

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby nickb285 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:25 pm

pacifica wrote:5 digit bar tabs


Please tell me that there's a decimal place before the last two digits.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Paraflam wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
Paraflam wrote:With the types of annoying, pointless shit that show up on my newsfeed, posting an acceptance letter is one of the least douchey things I've seen. Most of the deadbeats I went to high school with haven't done anything with their lives since, so I'm actually happy to see people posting about their accomplishments.

Kind of seems douchey to write off a bunch of people as deadbeats.

Haha, I didn't mean to say that ALL of the people I went to hs with were deadbeats and only a few of them did something with their lives. I did mean to say that MOST of the people I went to hs with still smoke weed/eat shrooms in their parents' basements, spend their entire paychecks on expensive clothes, mods for their cars, and bottle service at clubs, have been in and out of jail, or generally have no motivation or plans to ever do something positive with themselves. Most of my newsfeed is full these people, so I don't think it's douchey when I see someone do something like post an acceptance letter or some other accomplishment they're excited about because it's good to hear about people who are pursuing their goals.

More power to them, I say.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby 04102014 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm

ilovesf wrote:Stop caring so much about facebook.

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm

nickb285 wrote:
pacifica wrote:5 digit bar tabs


Please tell me that there's a decimal place before the last two digits.

http://www.chappstick.com/receiptwow1.jpg

More for your viewing pleasure at http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/

User avatar
hume85
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby hume85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
Paraflam wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
Paraflam wrote:With the types of annoying, pointless shit that show up on my newsfeed, posting an acceptance letter is one of the least douchey things I've seen. Most of the deadbeats I went to high school with haven't done anything with their lives since, so I'm actually happy to see people posting about their accomplishments.

Kind of seems douchey to write off a bunch of people as deadbeats.

Haha, I didn't mean to say that ALL of the people I went to hs with were deadbeats and only a few of them did something with their lives. I did mean to say that MOST of the people I went to hs with still smoke weed/eat shrooms in their parents' basements, spend their entire paychecks on expensive clothes, mods for their cars, and bottle service at clubs, have been in and out of jail, or generally have no motivation or plans to ever do something positive with themselves. Most of my newsfeed is full these people, so I don't think it's douchey when I see someone do something like post an acceptance letter or some other accomplishment they're excited about because it's good to hear about people who are pursuing their goals.

More power to them, I say.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15064
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby suralin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:It is way douchey. Most people will eventually grow up and stop humble-bragging/ outright bragging on facebook. It literally only hurts you.

Your family and friends don't "share in the moment" when you post your A+ in torts or your acceptance to GULC; assuming they aren't also douches, they are happy for you but also concerned and embarrassed for you. It is obnoxious to post stuff like that online. Doing so outs you immediately as not having social skills and/or self-confidence. It is not surprising in the least that many TLS posters have committed this douchey error, but thats TLS for you.

Very few of you will be doing this stuff when you are 40. Stop now- you'll have way more friends.


Are you the sort of shitboomer that leaves serious reviews on Applebee's facebook page?

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby nickb285 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:http://www.chappstick.com/receiptwow1.jpg

More for your viewing pleasure at http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/


It should be legal to mug some people.

User avatar
ScratchableItch
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby ScratchableItch » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:42 pm

DaRascal wrote:Do you guys ever get unfriended on Facebook? What's up with that? 8)

lol, seriously. That the person actually took the time to do so rather than just ignore the one status a month I got going...it hurts man.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby helix23 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
nickb285 wrote:
pacifica wrote:5 digit bar tabs


Please tell me that there's a decimal place before the last two digits.

http://www.chappstick.com/receiptwow1.jpg

More for your viewing pleasure at http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/


oh man I almost forgot about these.

User avatar
hume85
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby hume85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 pm

nickb285 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:http://www.chappstick.com/receiptwow1.jpg

More for your viewing pleasure at http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/


It should be legal to mug some people.


It's called alimony.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby helix23 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm

http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/post/31210998384/trust-fund-check

"And I got another one this week :) #trustfund #check"

and posting one acceptance letter for something I worked hard for makes me a douche? :roll:

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:00 pm

helix23 wrote:http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/post/31210998384/trust-fund-check

"And I got another one this week :) #trustfund #check"

and posting one acceptance letter for something I worked hard for makes me a douche? :roll:

But you don't want to be like these people. You want to project an aura of a hard-working, nose to the grindstone, humble, chill Midwestern bro

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby helix23 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
helix23 wrote:http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/post/31210998384/trust-fund-check

"And I got another one this week :) #trustfund #check"

and posting one acceptance letter for something I worked hard for makes me a douche? :roll:

But you don't want to be like these people. You want to project an aura of a hard-working, nose to the grindstone, humble, chill Midwestern bro


I might be prole but I aint from the midwest

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby nsideirish » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

ITT: Socially awkward kids telling people how not to be socially awkward on the internet.

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby pacifica » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm

nickb285 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:http://www.chappstick.com/receiptwow1.jpg

More for your viewing pleasure at http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/


It should be legal to mug some people.


that's probably what stalin thought too...

it's aite, sweeping these kids' leftovers as estate lawyers is good enough for me :)

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby pacifica » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:15 pm

nsideirish wrote:ITT: Socially awkward kids telling people how not to be socially awkward on the internet.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOnbmnVQ9iU

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby Lavitz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Eh, I haven't posted anything law school-related on facebook, but I don't see what the big deal is. Express yourself however you want.



Image

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15064
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby suralin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:35 pm

nsideirish wrote:ITT: Socially awkward kids telling people how not to be socially awkward on the internet.


^ Socially awkward kid telling socially awkward kids they're socially awkward kids telling socially awkward kids how not to be socially awkward on the internet.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby nickb285 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Suralin wrote:
nsideirish wrote:ITT: Socially awkward kids telling people how not to be socially awkward on the internet.


^ Socially awkward kid telling socially awkward kids they're socially awkward kids telling socially awkward kids how not to be socially awkward on the internet.

Image

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Suralin wrote:
nsideirish wrote:ITT: Socially awkward kids telling people how not to be socially awkward on the internet.


^ Socially awkward kid telling socially awkward kids they're socially awkward kids telling socially awkward kids how not to be socially awkward on the internet.

AWKWARD-CEPTION
http://inception.davepedu.com/

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: PSA: Do not post your acceptance letter on Facebook

Postby domino » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:52 pm

banjo wrote:I just leak the news to my best friend and she handles the PR from there. Really helps to have solid female friends if you're a socially awkward guy. I never have to post anything on the facesbook or the twitters.

+1, i am a real weirdo but oddly one of my best friends was arguably the most popular guy in my year at college and makes friends everywhere he goes, he always posts my stuff.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, kdonohue, proteinshake and 35 guests