University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
landisjc

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby landisjc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:14 pm

taltool wrote:Anyone with the 3/7 review status get anything yet?

My status went into review for the second time on 3/7 and it still hasn't changed. Anyone else? I really hope to hear soon! Planning on buying a house dependent on this admission decision! :?

Lawdog12355

Postby Lawdog12355 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm

landisjc wrote:
taltool wrote:Anyone with the 3/7 review status get anything yet?

My status went into review for the second time on 3/7 and it still hasn't changed. Anyone else? I really hope to hear soon! Planning on buying a house dependent on this admission decision! :?

Seat deposits are due on April 30, so I"m sure you'll hear something soon or right after the deadline passes. Good Luck!

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Just thought y'all might be interested, since the new numbers just came out:
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=southcarolina

ellewannabe

Postby ellewannabe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 am

I'm officially going to South Carolina in the fall! Does anyone know good apartments in the area, specifically close to downtown.. Also, does the university offer a way to connect with other admitted students to find roommates?

WaltWhite

Postby WaltWhite » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
WaltWhite wrote:South Carolina is seriously delusional. $4000/year for in-state, 75% medians for both GPA and LSAT. That's a fucking joke.

I wasn't seriously considering attending SC Law, but now I won't take South Carolina seriously at all.

That's crazy! I got $10k off instate tuition and my numbers were above 75%. If you really want to go I'd ask for more money.

I never really considered going there. It was my fall back's fall back option.
But their stinginess was entirely unexpected, and I'm certainly not about to condescend to begging in order to acquire a legal educaTTTion.
Cultivating South Carolina legal talent my ass...

lawschoolwoohoo

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 am

It's breaking my heart, but I think I'm withdrawing from SC tomorrow morning. Hope one of you gets my $$. I just couldn't justify USC over a great scholly at Emory. Tough choice-I love SC and Columbia. Have a great time, everyone who ends up there!

morrissey

Postby morrissey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Status checker switched to "Decision Letter to be Mailed" on 4/1, but also says "File complete, ready for review" above it with 4/1 listed again. Did this happen to anyone else today/anyone whose already been accepted?

nba101790

Postby nba101790 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:25 pm

WaltWhite wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:
WaltWhite wrote:South Carolina is seriously delusional. $4000/year for in-state, 75% medians for both GPA and LSAT. That's a fucking joke.

I wasn't seriously considering attending SC Law, but now I won't take South Carolina seriously at all.

That's crazy! I got $10k off instate tuition and my numbers were above 75%. If you really want to go I'd ask for more money.

I never really considered going there. It was my fall back's fall back option.
But their stinginess was entirely unexpected, and I'm certainly not about to condescend to begging in order to acquire a legal educaTTTion.
Cultivating South Carolina legal talent my ass...

Lol.

taltool

Postby taltool » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:08 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:It's breaking my heart, but I think I'm withdrawing from SC tomorrow morning. Hope one of you gets my $$. I just couldn't justify USC over a great scholly at Emory. Tough choice-I love SC and Columbia. Have a great time, everyone who ends up there!

Got the same thing updated on mine as well. Can someone please shed some insight?

landisjc

Postby landisjc » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm

morrissey wrote:Status checker switched to "Decision Letter to be Mailed" on 4/1, but also says "File complete, ready for review" above it with 4/1 listed again. Did this happen to anyone else today/anyone whose already been accepted?

Same here for me! Curious and anxious!

lawschoolwoohoo

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 pm

taltool wrote:
lawschoolwoohoo wrote:It's breaking my heart, but I think I'm withdrawing from SC tomorrow morning. Hope one of you gets my $$. I just couldn't justify USC over a great scholly at Emory. Tough choice-I love SC and Columbia. Have a great time, everyone who ends up there!

Got the same thing updated on mine as well. Can someone please shed some insight?

Not sure what you're asking. They didn't update mine. I got accepted and then declined the offer today because I decided to attend Emory. SC was nothing but great to me, but I just decided to attend elsewhere. It was tough decision.

Lawdog12355

Postby Lawdog12355 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I really wish i could just make up my mind between Ole Miss, South Carolina or to just drop the whole thing and keep my job. It's stressing me out!

morrissey

Postby morrissey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote: Not sure what you're asking. They didn't update mine. I got accepted and then declined the offer today because I decided to attend Emory. SC was nothing but great to me, but I just decided to attend elsewhere. It was tough decision.

I think he may have been trying to quote me and got you on accident. Regardless, do you recall if your status checker showed decision letter sent and file complete before you got your acceptance? If not, I'm thinking this might mean a WL for us. Also, congratulations on Emory and best of luck next year in Atlanta.

lawschoolwoohoo

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

morrissey wrote:
I think he may have been trying to quote me and got you on accident. Regardless, do you recall if your status checker showed decision letter sent and file complete before you got your acceptance? If not, I'm thinking this might mean a WL for us. Also, congratulations on Emory and best of luck next year in Atlanta.

Thanks! My decision process was somewhat unique because they let me know while I was on my Christmas break, so they sent the letter to my school address so I didn't get it until like a month after they technically accepted me. I didn't think to check my status checker until like the night before break ended, and then it said that the letter had been sent and that my file was complete. So yeah, it looks like they said "decision letter sent' on mine and then sent me my decision letter in the mail later.

morrissey

Postby morrissey » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:31 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:
morrissey wrote:

Thanks! My decision process was somewhat unique because they let me know while I was on my Christmas break, so they sent the letter to my school address so I didn't get it until like a month after they technically accepted me. I didn't think to check my status checker until like the night before break ended, and then it said that the letter had been sent and that my file was complete. So yeah, it looks like they said "decision letter sent' on mine and then sent me my decision letter in the mail later.

Well hopefully that means good news for me as well. Thanks for the response.

sullivrr

Postby sullivrr » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Last edited by sullivrr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ellewannabe

Postby ellewannabe » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 pm

sullivrr wrote:

Yes! At Accepted Students day they said that they will open up the Law student off-campus housing website in early May... it uses a login page (so your info is safe) and is separate from the rest of the Univerisity's undergrad/grad off campus housing site. They will also be making a facebook group in May as well.

I am born & raised in cola and went to undergrad there- DO NOT live in the LOFTS- disgusting. I've never been in Cornell Arms, never knew anyone who lived there, but all reviews online are terrible. your best bet is probably renting a small one or two bedroom apt in one of the neighborhoods around campus.

Cool! I was actually looking at The Gates at Williams Brice...but they only have 2 BRS open so I'm desperately seeking a roommate!

sclaw16

Postby sclaw16 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Other than craigslist and the school's off campus housing page, are there any good websites to see what rentals are available?

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:20 am

http://www.cantey.com

They've done me right.

morrissey

Postby morrissey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 pm

My decision letter to be mailed on 4/1 resulted in a wait list for anyone else whose status may have changed that day. For anyone whose been admitted and is planning on withdrawing, I'll gladly take your seat... :D

cortland55

Postby cortland55 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm withdrawing today...hope one of you get my spot

StarlightWhisper

Postby StarlightWhisper » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi All You Wait-listers!
Do you have any information on how many of us there are? I registered on the last day, and it took LSAC until the 15th of March to get my materials to USC. I really want to go to USC because of their Children's Law Program. I am a nontraditional student who has worked with children as a social worker, grant writer, youth prison advisory board member (RYDC), teacher, parent, coach and foster parent. I am not interested in a career as much as I am helping children who have been abused/neglected, going through the separation of their families and being underserved in educational settings - the stories I could share would either make you mad or break your heart.

My age and LSAT are probably a disadvantage for me. I am 57 years old and had a bad accident two days before I took LSAT (whiplash), so my score was horrible - 146. However, my GPA was probably what got me on the wait list - 4.0 Degree GPA with advanced honors from the school honors program, 3.68 for my M.Ed. in Special Education (while I worked full time as a teacher, was department chair for exceptional students and worked as a Title I tutor for kids in state custody) and 3.85 overall undergrad GPA. I can get into a couple of Atlanta schools where I have a house (Any of you guys going to Atlanta want to rent a 4 bedroom, two bath house in a swim-tennis community? Only bad part is that it is 40 miles below city.), but they don't have a program like the Children's Law Program at USC. I have lived in SC for the last year, so I hope that the lower tuition we pay does not hurt those of us on the wait list.

I enjoyed reading your posts, and good luck to everyone out there. I hope you get to do exactly what you want to do and what will fulfill you. It seems like my whole life I have been building to practice children's law - now to convince the powers-that-be that an old lady deserves a seat!

taltool

Postby taltool » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Wait listed as well. I plan on visiting next friday to tour the school and see if I'll wait it out to attend

sullivrr

Postby sullivrr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 am

StarlightWhisper wrote:Hi All You Wait-listers!
Do you have any information on how many of us there are? I registered on the last day, and it took LSAC until the 15th of March to get my materials to USC. I really want to go to USC because of their Children's Law Program. I am a nontraditional student who has worked with children as a social worker, grant writer, youth prison advisory board member (RYDC), teacher, parent, coach and foster parent. I am not interested in a career as much as I am helping children who have been abused/neglected, going through the separation of their families and being underserved in educational settings - the stories I could share would either make you mad or break your heart.

My age and LSAT are probably a disadvantage for me. I am 57 years old and had a bad accident two days before I took LSAT (whiplash), so my score was horrible - 146. However, my GPA was probably what got me on the wait list - 4.0 Degree GPA with advanced honors from the school honors program, 3.68 for my M.Ed. in Special Education (while I worked full time as a teacher, was department chair for exceptional students and worked as a Title I tutor for kids in state custody) and 3.85 overall undergrad GPA. I can get into a couple of Atlanta schools where I have a house (Any of you guys going to Atlanta want to rent a 4 bedroom, two bath house in a swim-tennis community? Only bad part is that it is 40 miles below city.), but they don't have a program like the Children's Law Program at USC. I have lived in SC for the last year, so I hope that the lower tuition we pay does not hurt those of us on the wait list.

I enjoyed reading your posts, and good luck to everyone out there. I hope you get to do exactly what you want to do and what will fulfill you. It seems like my whole life I have been building to practice children's law - now to convince the powers-that-be that an old lady deserves a seat!

You should call the admissions office and explain your story to them... they are very friendly and understanding people. They worked with me and my mom on scholarship money very well.

sullivrr

Postby sullivrr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 am

ellewannabe wrote:
sullivrr wrote:

Yes! At Accepted Students day they said that they will open up the Law student off-campus housing website in early May... it uses a login page (so your info is safe) and is separate from the rest of the Univerisity's undergrad/grad off campus housing site. They will also be making a facebook group in May as well.

I am born & raised in cola and went to undergrad there- DO NOT live in the LOFTS- disgusting. I've never been in Cornell Arms, never knew anyone who lived there, but all reviews online are terrible. your best bet is probably renting a small one or two bedroom apt in one of the neighborhoods around campus.

Cool! I was actually looking at The Gates at Williams Brice...but they only have 2 BRS open so I'm desperately seeking a roommate!

The Gates are a great place to live but you need to know that you will want to rip your hair out whenever you get caught behind the trains that cross Assembly Street & Rosewood Avenue. Same goes for anyone looking at Woodlands, any of those cottage places, etc. that are near the stadium

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”