University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
booknook
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby booknook » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Has anybody's application gone under review? Mine still says "File Complete; Ready for Review." The status changed to that on 11/29. My thought is that they may not change it to under review. Has anyone gotten a reply from them yet? My numbers are at about the 75% LSAT and about median GPA.

chip500
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby chip500 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 am

Mine hasn't changed. It's been the same since 11-14.

meliketoparty
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby meliketoparty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Same here as well. Complete since 11/16.

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lookingin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:17 pm

booknook wrote:Has anybody's application gone under review? Mine still says "File Complete; Ready for Review." The status changed to that on 11/29. My thought is that they may not change it to under review. Has anyone gotten a reply from them yet? My numbers are at about the 75% LSAT and about median GPA.


I haven't heard anything yet either, and I'm also not yet in review.... But according to law school numbers, a handful of people had already been accepted this time last year. Some even specify that they were accepted in November. Maybe soon?

morrissey
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby morrissey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Same scenario here, been complete and "ready for review" since late September.

User avatar
booknook
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby booknook » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am

Just checked my status checker today, and it said "Decision letter mailed." Unfortunately, the mailing address that they have on file is my address at school, so I won't get the letter until I go back in January. There was no email and no word on possible scholarships.

criminaltheory
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby criminaltheory » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 pm

I threw an app in here because its my alma mater. Haven't had any movement in ages.

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lookingin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm

booknook wrote:Just checked my status checker today, and it said "Decision letter mailed." Unfortunately, the mailing address that they have on file is my address at school, so I won't get the letter until I go back in January. There was no email and no word on possible scholarships.


I live in SC so I got my letter yesterday :)

Unfortunately, they said they wouldn't send out scholarship info until March... I hope they are joking.

User avatar
booknook
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby booknook » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 pm

lookingin wrote:I live in SC so I got my letter yesterday :)

Unfortunately, they said they wouldn't send out scholarship info until March... I hope they are joking.


Jeeze, March? Really no reason for it to take that long. Maybe they're just covering themselves and scholarship information will be sent out by at least March at the latest.

Congratulations, by the way!

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lookingin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:34 pm

booknook wrote:
lookingin wrote:I live in SC so I got my letter yesterday :)

Unfortunately, they said they wouldn't send out scholarship info until March... I hope they are joking.


Jeeze, March? Really no reason for it to take that long. Maybe they're just covering themselves and scholarship information will be sent out by at least March at the latest.

Congratulations, by the way!


Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting :)

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ashleydy10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:52 am

Still waiting over here. SC gets to be very selective because theyre one of two law schools in the state. I have heard that as an excuse for how slow they are with apps. I applied on Dec 3rd. Still says ready for review. Im sure i am in. No reason for them to take until March w scholarships. That only hurts them in my opinion.

User avatar
booknook
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby booknook » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 am

Just got back to school and got the acceptance letter in the mail. It is just that: a letter. No view book or anything like that. As stated earlier, it says that we'll hear about scholarships in March. That's just so frustrating and seems unnecessary. They can't have THAT many people applying. I've already gotten scholarship information from schools with many more applicants.

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lookingin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 pm

booknook wrote:Just got back to school and got the acceptance letter in the mail. It is just that: a letter. No view book or anything like that. As stated earlier, it says that we'll hear about scholarships in March. That's just so frustrating and seems unnecessary. They can't have THAT many people applying. I've already gotten scholarship information from schools with many more applicants.


I am thinking about writing USC a letter detailing the other offers I am getting in the hopes it'll make them get them to make their mind up sooner. However, I wouldn't want them to think I was being rude or pushy, but it is hurting their chances of me accepting there if I have to wait until March...

If I worked in admissions and received a request from a student to consider him/her for merit aid after it already said in the student's acceptance letter this wouldn't be done until March I think I would be annoyed...

sullivrr
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sullivrr » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 pm

...........
Last edited by sullivrr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lookingin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

sullivrr wrote:for those of you who already received your acceptance letters, would you mind saying what percentile your lsat score was in and your percentile gpa? you don't have to give specific numbers.

I am just really anxious and surprised it is taking this long. My application was complete early to mid november and I am above the 75th percentile GPA at U of SC law, but my LSAT score was only in the 63rd percentile of all the test takers


Academic credentials:

75th percentile LSAT 159 (77th percentile)
median LSAT 157 (70th percentile)
25th percentile LSAT 154 (60th percentile)

75th percentile GPA 3.58
median GPA 3.32
25th percentile GPA 3.01

Those are the stats they post online for their 2012 class.

I am above both the 75th% LSAT and 75th% GPA, but as for my percentile on the LSAT I believe it was the 89th or something (scored a 163).

User avatar
lovelydarkanddeep
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lovelydarkanddeep » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:42 pm

sullivrr wrote:for those of you who already received your acceptance letters, would you mind saying what percentile your lsat score was in and your percentile gpa? you don't have to give specific numbers.

I am just really anxious and surprised it is taking this long. My application was complete early to mid november and I am above the 75th percentile GPA at U of SC law, but my LSAT score was only in the 63rd percentile of all the test takers


Redacted
Last edited by lovelydarkanddeep on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ashleydy10 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 pm

just went to "in review."

For those admitted:

How long were you in review for?

hopingtogetin
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hopingtogetin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

redacted
Last edited by hopingtogetin on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ced0007
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ced0007 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

I received my acceptance a few weeks ago via mail. Told I was being considered for scholarships, but no real hint as to what that might be!

sullivrr
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sullivrr » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 pm

........
Last edited by sullivrr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ashleydy10 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:25 pm

sullivrr wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:just went to "in review."

For those admitted:

How long were you in review for?






What are your stats?




159 3.1

sullivrr
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sullivrr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 pm

.................
Last edited by sullivrr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ramsdancer1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:01 pm

sullivrr wrote:Unless I missed it over the weekend, my application never went to "in review" and now the website says my decision date was 2/3/13 (Sunday) and decision letter is mailed...


Mine says the same thing! I wonder why they won't say online if you are accepted or not. They really should e-mail you or something. All the other schools I was accepted to so far sent out an e-mail.

morrissey
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby morrissey » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Mine finally switched to "In review" this morning after being complete since September. For those who got a decision mailed on Sunday, will you keep us updated on your decisions as they arrive?

I also toured the school last week and the admissions dean I spoke with said not to expect a decision until the second week of March, LSAT is below median and GPA is ~75th percentile, should I be alarmed that my status has changed so soon?

sullivrr
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: University of South Carolina c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sullivrr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:17 pm

.............
Last edited by sullivrr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocozhang9950, Exabot [Bot], xnsch, YANGYUEYU0817 and 8 guests