Ole Miss Law (Class of 2016) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rdh236

New

Re: Ole Miss Law (Class of 2016)

Post by rdh236 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am

morrissey wrote:LSN is lawschoolnumbers.com. People post their stats and schools applied to with the decisions and dates. Sometimes it's helpful and sometimes not. Best of luck to us all though.
Do you find it hard to believe that they received 1600 applications? From looking at this site it looks like there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets in and who gets wait listed.

morrissey

New

Post by morrissey » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 pm

rdh236 wrote:
morrissey wrote:LSN is lawschoolnumbers.com. People post their stats and schools applied to with the decisions and dates. Sometimes it's helpful and sometimes not. Best of luck to us all though.
Do you find it hard to believe that they received 1600 applications? From looking at this site it looks like there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets in and who gets wait listed.
Yeah, I don't know if I buy the 1600 apps, I don't know where they get those stats from. I'd agree with the lack of rhyme or reason aspect of who's in and who's out.

Lawdog12355

New

Post by Lawdog12355 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Anyone been able to purchase football tickets yet? Or are they even available for purchase at this time?

electricfeel

Bronze

Post by electricfeel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Hope you guys know what you are getting into. If you wanna do small-town MS law, Ole Miss is fine but you universe will be against you if you hope to practice in a large or even mid size firm paying over 70k a year. My friend from undergrad graduated last year #3 in the class and has yet to land a permanent position.

Only the tippy top of the class has a chance at a a firm like Butler Snow (which isn't even that great).

Just please know what you are getting into.

Lawdog12355

New

Post by Lawdog12355 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 am

...thanks?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

electricfeel

Bronze

Post by electricfeel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Lawdog12355 wrote:...thanks?
Welcome. I guess my point is this: if you are spending over 10k on a legal education in an MS law school, you are not that bright.

See http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... ds/276463/.

Also, with an LSAT score not high enough to get into a decent school, is the law really the best option you have given the employment stats?

Lawdog12355

New

Post by Lawdog12355 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:42 pm

...so does anyone know what the football ticket situation is?

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am

electricfeel wrote:Hope you guys know what you are getting into. If you wanna do small-town MS law, Ole Miss is fine but you universe will be against you if you hope to practice in a large or even mid size firm paying over 70k a year. My friend from undergrad graduated last year #3 in the class and has yet to land a permanent position.

Only the tippy top of the class has a chance at a a firm like Butler Snow (which isn't even that great).

Just please know what you are getting into.
Does anyone going to ole miss expect large/medium size firm work?

And I believe I know who you are talking about. If it is the same person I am thinking of, you forgot to mention he moved to a random city with zero ties & a virtually non-existent alumni network. Of course, I'm not suggesting going to OM either. It's not a good investment for at least 50% of each class.

As for the football tickets, if you are just getting student tickets, they will e-mail all students when they're available. The tickets that are on sale now are regular season tickets.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”