Davis c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gitguy

Re: Davis c/o 2016

Postby gitguy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:33 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:Dat merit scholarship. Albeit a small offer, I am very thrilled to have received an offer.

Congrats, Wiseman! I know you were really antsy about that. Will their offer push you over to acceptance or are you still on the fence?

Still on the fence. Davis is OOS for me and I currently live 1 block from a T50 that offered me a huge offer, so still weighing. Excited for ASW though!

How did you find out?

md22

Postby md22 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

REALLY hoping that UCD gets back to me soon...

bhh27

Postby bhh27 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Been sitting on "Evaluation in Progress" for almost 2 months now.

I've heard back from every other school, but not here.

Davis - WHERE IS THE LOVE??

haider

Postby haider » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Hello All,

I thought some of you may be interested in the new Student Budget Committee at King Hall. It is a new committee aimed and investigating tuition and budget issues at King Hall.

Feel free to PM me questions.

-King Hall 3L

http://kinghallbudget.blogspot.com/

mcs268

Postby mcs268 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 pm

another status check, another evaluation in progress message.

those who got in - did your status ever changed to accepted on the status checker? I'm starting to think checking this thing everyday is just pointless.

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

mcs268 wrote:another status check, another evaluation in progress message.

those who got in - did your status ever changed to accepted on the status checker? I'm starting to think checking this thing everyday is just pointless.

It did change. That's how I first found out. Keep hope alive!

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 pm

mcs268 wrote:another status check, another evaluation in progress message.

It says "Current Status: Decision has been mailed" and if you click it, you can see an unofficial version of the letter.

md22

Postby md22 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Based on last year's acceptance thread, Davis responded as late as the week of April 20th...that's so slow. Really frustrating as I'm so interested in going to UCD.

mcs268

Postby mcs268 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

If they let me know on April 14th, the day before the deposit is due, I am going to flip a shit. Given how slow they are, I actually wouldn't put it past them, so they can get $150 from everyone who can't decide in a day.

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:54 pm

mcs268 wrote:If they let me know on April 14th, the day before the deposit is due, I am going to flip a shit. Given how slow they are, I actually wouldn't put it past them, so they can get $150 from everyone who can't decide in a day.

I think that, per ABA guidelines, they would like give you a date further in the future to make a first seat deposit.

md22

Postby md22 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 pm

gitguy wrote:
mcs268 wrote:If they let me know on April 14th, the day before the deposit is due, I am going to flip a shit. Given how slow they are, I actually wouldn't put it past them, so they can get $150 from everyone who can't decide in a day.

I think that, per ABA guidelines, they would like give you a date further in the future to make a first seat deposit.

I believe the deadline is April 15th or 3 weeks after you are accepted, whichever is later. I think that's what the website says.

mcs268

Postby mcs268 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh ok, didn't realize there were guidelines for that. Good to know lol!

md22

Postby md22 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm tempted to send an email or call to explain that deposit deadlines are looming and see if I can get an answer...it's getting so close! :shock: :?

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm

md22 wrote:I'm tempted to send an email or call to explain that deposit deadlines are looming and see if I can get an answer...it's getting so close! :shock: :?

I think they're well aware of incoming deposit deadlines. I probably wouldn't bug them, but I would start to consider all the options if you were to be accepted or denied. But that's just me. Every time I've called them, they've been extremely helpful and nice. Best of luck to you though, I would not be thrilled to be strung along this long for a decision!

md22

Postby md22 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:15 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
md22 wrote:I'm tempted to send an email or call to explain that deposit deadlines are looming and see if I can get an answer...it's getting so close! :shock: :?

I think they're well aware of incoming deposit deadlines. I probably wouldn't bug them, but I would start to consider all the options if you were to be accepted or denied. But that's just me. Every time I've called them, they've been extremely helpful and nice.

Well, I have considered my options and I'm very interested in Davis for various reasons. If I get in it'll be at the top or near the top of my list. I was just WL'ed at USC so I'm going to ride that out, but I am planning on depositing at Davis (assuming that I am accepted...don't know why I wouldn't be).

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:24 pm

md22 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:

I think they're well aware of incoming deposit deadlines. I probably wouldn't bug them, but I would start to consider all the options if you were to be accepted or denied. But that's just me. Every time I've called them, they've been extremely helpful and nice.

Well, I have considered my options and I'm very interested in Davis for various reasons. If I get in it'll be at the top or near the top of my list. I was just WL'ed at USC so I'm going to ride that out, but I am planning on depositing at Davis (assuming that I am accepted...don't know why I wouldn't be).

If you're WL'ed at USC, you're probably getting into Davis. I have zero prayer of even a WL there, as I've been sitting at complete for 4 months at USC. Davis will be cool, but it's quite costly. :|

md22

Postby md22 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
md22 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:

If you're WL'ed at USC, you're probably getting into Davis. I have zero prayer of even a WL there, as I've been sitting at complete for 4 months at USC. Davis will be cool, but it's quite costly. :|

I hope so, they are taking their sweet time with it haha. I'd be pretty happy at Davis since I want to practice in the area, but the cost is pretty staggering. That is a major concern.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Withdrawn. I wish I could say I threw loads of money back into the pool, but I guess 11k for someone else is nothing to sneeze at. Good luck to all those who attend!

md22

Postby md22 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Uh, alright now I'm confused. Just received a financial aid email saying I will be eligible for 25,000 in grants and 20,500 in loans for the year. I haven't been accepted yet on the status checker or via email. Does this mean I'm in? :shock:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 pm

md22 wrote:Uh, alright now I'm confused. Just received a financial aid email saying I will be eligible for 25,000 in grants and 20,500 in loans for the year. I haven't been accepted yet on the status checker or via email. Does this mean I'm in? :shock:

Did you recently complete need access? They send this to everyone after reviewing need access but it is not official nor an indication of admittance.

md22

Postby md22 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
md22 wrote:Uh, alright now I'm confused. Just received a financial aid email saying I will be eligible for 25,000 in grants and 20,500 in loans for the year. I haven't been accepted yet on the status checker or via email. Does this mean I'm in? :shock:

Did you recently complete need access? They send this to everyone after reviewing need access but it is not official nor an indication of admittance.

I wouldn't say recently. I completed it about two months ago. That's really weird that they send that before being accepted, especially because it directs you to the admitted students portal. :roll:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:09 pm

md22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:

I wouldn't say recently. I completed it about two months ago. That's really weird that they send that before being accepted, especially because it directs you to the admitted students portal. :roll:

Whoops, we may be talking about different emails then. Give them a call! This might be a nice way of saying "oh yeah, we admitted you, did we forget to mention it?"
If you can log into ASW then you're admitted...

md22

Postby md22 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
md22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:

Whoops, we may be talking about different emails then. Give them a call! This might be a nice way of saying "oh yeah, we admitted you, did we forget to mention it?"

Will do. Jeez, I was just talking about how anxious I was about getting a decision from Davis and then this email pops into my inbox - now I have no idea whether or not it means anything LOL. Law school admissions will be the death of me! :lol:

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:13 pm

md22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
md22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:

Will do. Jeez, I was just talking about how anxious I was about getting a decision from Davis and then this email pops into my inbox - now I have no idea whether or not it means anything LOL. Law school admissions will be the death of me! :lol:

And that's serious grant money too. Half tuition out of the blue when you still thought you were UR. Sounds good to me :) call them and then update us please!

md22

Postby md22 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Just as I was sitting down to call, I got the text!!! In!!!!! PUMPED! If I actually get 25k in need and maybe (if I'm lucky) some merit aid, Davis might be a good bet. But for right now I'm just excited to finally be in! :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”