Davis c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
teiswei

Silver

Re: Davis c/o 2016

Post by teiswei » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

FYI: I didn't get the email about the MyAward site until this morning. I checked it based on a poster's comment and I had only loans yesterday. I received an email this morning and rechecked and I now have a "Law School Grant - LW" of $14,000.

$62,000 is still far too much for me but those of you that haven't received a communication from Davis about your award may want to wait until you do.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:11 pm

teiswei wrote:FYI: I didn't get the email about the MyAward site until this morning. I checked it based on a poster's comment and I had only loans yesterday. I received an email this morning and rechecked and I now have a "Law School Grant - LW" of $14,000.

$62,000 is still far too much for me but those of you that haven't received a communication from Davis about your award may want to wait until you do.
Negotiate! Not that it will do much good, but worth a shot.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Official aid out. All of the loans. Small scholly. Reasonable grant. Sent out a negotiating email last week that was basically like "I love your school and I'm coming out to tour and I'd like to come, but I'm financially independent and poor as hell. Helpppp." I really do hope they pull through. I like them a lot and I would definitely attend if COA was cheaper.

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:31 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:Official aid out. All of the loans. Sent out a negotiating email last week that was basically like "I love your school and I'm coming out to tour and I'd like to come, but I'm financially independent and poor as hell. Helpppp." I really do hope they pull through. I like them a lot and I would definitely attend if COA was cheaper.
I sent a negotiating email as well. I'm about 10k away from getting the total COA under 100k which is a great start. I want to love Davis but it has to be for the right price!

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:18 pm

md22 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:Official aid out. All of the loans. Sent out a negotiating email last week that was basically like "I love your school and I'm coming out to tour and I'd like to come, but I'm financially independent and poor as hell. Helpppp." I really do hope they pull through. I like them a lot and I would definitely attend if COA was cheaper.
I sent a negotiating email as well. I'm about 10k away from getting the total COA under 100k which is a great start. I want to love Davis but it has to be for the right price!
negotiation = complete failure. God I'm gonna be so poor.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:41 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
md22 wrote:
LOL. Mine was a failure as well. Im looking at a COA of 37,000 for 1L. I really don't know what to do. I want to go to Davis (I've grown up and lived in NorCal my whole life and I want to continue to live and work here) but the price is very unnerving.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm

md22 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:
md22 wrote:
LOL. Mine was a failure as well. Im looking at a COA of 37,000 for 1L. I really don't know what to do. I want to go to Davis (I've grown up and lived in NorCal my whole life and I want to continue to live and work here) but the price is very unnerving.
It could be worse. My estimated COA for 1L is $57,000.

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Damn, I feel for you. That is ridiculously high. Did they shoot you down as well? I don't know if they even negotiate with incoming students.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:26 pm

teiswei wrote:FYI: I didn't get the email about the MyAward site until this morning. I checked it based on a poster's comment and I had only loans yesterday. I received an email this morning and rechecked and I now have a "Law School Grant - LW" of $14,000.

Are you talking about the "estimate" email or a different email that I have not received yet and may magically increase my aid? Did everyone get an email in the last two days but me?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

teiswei

Silver

Post by teiswei » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 pm

UC Davis School of Law is pleased to provide you with an offer of financial aid for the 2013-2014 academic year should you accept admission. We encourage you to review your financial aid awards online using My Awards, but please be aware that you cannot accept your aid or complete any listed loan requirements until Monday, June 17, 2013.
In order to access your electronic award letter, you will need to create a campus computing account using the following steps:

1. Visit the Admitted Student website at https://www.law.ucdavis.edu/AdmittedStudents/login.aspx.

2. Click on the Financial Aid link to obtain your UC ID number (9 digits) and Personal Access Code (PAC – 6 digits)

3. Follow the instructions to obtain a campus computing account. You will need your UC ID and PAC to create a computing account.

4. Visit My Awards at http://financialaid.ucdavis.edu/MyAwards/. You will need your Login ID, Passphrase, UC ID and Date of Birth to access this site.

UC Davis School of Law - 40 Years of Excellence, Leadership, and Community

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:37 pm

teiswei wrote:UC Davis School of Law is pleased to provide you with an offer of financial aid for the 2013-2014 academic year should you accept admission. We encourage you to review your financial aid awards online using My Awards, but please be aware that you cannot accept your aid or complete any listed loan requirements until Monday, June 17, 2013.
In order to access your electronic award letter, you will need to create a campus computing account using the following steps:

1. Visit the Admitted Student website at https://www.law.ucdavis.edu/AdmittedStudents/login.aspx.

2. Click on the Financial Aid link to obtain your UC ID number (9 digits) and Personal Access Code (PAC – 6 digits)

3. Follow the instructions to obtain a campus computing account. You will need your UC ID and PAC to create a computing account.

4. Visit My Awards at http://financialaid.ucdavis.edu/MyAwards/. You will need your Login ID, Passphrase, UC ID and Date of Birth to access this site.

UC Davis School of Law - 40 Years of Excellence, Leadership, and Community
Did not receive this. Good sign or bad?

ammanley

New

Post by ammanley » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Haven't received mine yet either, tried logging in. I have a computing account from undergrad there, maybe thats gumming up the works or something...but still, no email. Gonna email them if I hear nothing by the end of the week.

teiswei

Silver

Post by teiswei » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 pm

I just did the need access thing last week if that means anything

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 pm

teiswei wrote:I just did the need access thing last week if that means anything
Yeah... it might mean they just reworded the estimate email to be relevant after grants were actually granted. Oooooor it could mean they're gonna give me ALL the money!

...it's probably the former.

teiswei

Silver

Post by teiswei » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:
Yeah... it might mean they just reworded the estimate email to be relevant after grants were actually granted. Oooooor it could mean they're gonna give me ALL the money!

Does yours not show grants? I'm really surprised I received anything.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 pm

teiswei wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:

Does yours not show grants? I'm really surprised I received anything.
No, it shows them... they're just less than my estimate and I would PREFER that they be the same or higher.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Also, did anyone apply to and/or hear anything about the MLK scholarship? Has that been awarded yet? If not, does anyone know when it is?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:05 pm

I just got invited to ASW but I never got anything about being accepted...I guess this means I'm in??

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:12 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:I just got invited to ASW but I never got anything about being accepted...I guess this means I'm in??
Can you onto the admitted student's website? Call them and ask about it, I think earlier in this thread someone got the text before their status changed, so you might be in, yeah.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Yep, I can login!! Guess I'm in! :)

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:02 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Yep, I can login!! Guess I'm in! :)
Congrats!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Yep, I can login!! Guess I'm in! :)
Congrats!! :)

chinchillin

New

Post by chinchillin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm

In via text msg. Classy!

Website reads: Current Status: Evaluation in Progress

apinarba

New

Post by apinarba » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:53 pm

i want an admission via text so bad! congrats everyone!

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Congrats to all. I still can't swallow this COA though. Between that and getting rejected so hard for negotiation, I don't know what to do. Hopefully you all have an easier choice though!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”