Davis c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wbrother

Bronze

Davis c/o 2016

Post by wbrother » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Am I really the first to make this thread? Davis should get more love! Awaiting review as of Nov. 21st.

FinancialLaw

New

Re: Davis c/o 2016

Post by FinancialLaw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

I'm also complete - awaiting review!

elblufer

Bronze

Post by elblufer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 am

Also awaiting review.

ajax

Bronze

Post by ajax » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 am

FYI something to consider:

TROLLING DELETED, POSTER BANNED BY MODS

READ THIS: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 7&t=146613

wbrother

Bronze

Post by wbrother » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 am

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... nteractive

Those are some real statistics. Lstscorereports.com has even more. The legal market is bad, but UC Davis Law's numbers are actually quite good relative to other areas. If you get in here, you're likely to get into other schools in the same or similar market. It's important to do research before you decide, and probably before you even apply. I'm sure everyone here has done their homework. I know that I have and I would love to attend UC Davis. Let's keep this thread about the school's application cycle please. There are appropriate forms to trash schools and the legal market if that's really your thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boogercat

New

Post by boogercat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Just got the admit packet in the mail. Postmarked yesterday.

LSAT 171 GPA 3.56

elblufer

Bronze

Post by elblufer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 pm

boogercat wrote:Just got the admit packet in the mail. Postmarked yesterday.

LSAT 171 GPA 3.56
Congratulations! Any money? Also, when did you go complete? I thought they didn't look at applications until January...

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 am

About time someone started one of these! I'm also in review.

boogercat

New

Post by boogercat » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:32 pm

No money. Not sure when I went complete.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gitguy

Bronze

Post by gitguy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 pm

In review here. I applied around 10/1.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Complete - - Awaiting Evaluation.

bellbane12

New

Post by bellbane12 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 am

In via email! Exciting.

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:07 am

I visited today for a "prospective applicants information session". I submitted over a month ago now, but felt like it was a good excuse to have a guided tour and meet someone from admissions. The session was led by Kristen Mercado, who I'd met before at the SF Consortium, and who's very pleasant and answered a bunch of questions while giving a tour.

King Hall is a pretty impressive building, and they're nearly done with the library renovations, which she assured us would be completed long before next fall. Also, I parked on the other side of the lake/arboretum/garden and realized again why this is my favorite UC campus (for all the great schools, there's a good deal of "eh" campuses, but Davis is pretty great).

Most importantly, she said that they were deep into review and would be getting out many of the first decisions this month (despite the few they leaked out over the past few months), and then continuing all through April. Not that it's new information from scanning previous years' threads, but it was nice to have confirmed by someone in admissions.

It's not the cheapest option out there, but I would LOVE to have such a strong option locally, as all the peer options would have me uprooting and heading east. Good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 pm

bellbane12 wrote:In via email! Exciting.
When did you go Complete?

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:30 pm

crossingfingers wrote:I visited today for a "prospective applicants information session". I submitted over a month ago now, but felt like it was a good excuse to have a guided tour and meet someone from admissions. The session was led by Kristen Mercado, who I'd met before at the SF Consortium, and who's very pleasant and answered a bunch of questions while giving a tour.

King Hall is a pretty impressive building, and they're nearly done with the library renovations, which she assured us would be completed long before next fall. Also, I parked on the other side of the lake/arboretum/garden and realized again why this is my favorite UC campus (for all the great schools, there's a good deal of "eh" campuses, but Davis is pretty great).

Most importantly, she said that they were deep into review and would be getting out many of the first decisions this month (despite the few they leaked out over the past few months), and then continuing all through April. Not that it's new information from scanning previous years' threads, but it was nice to have confirmed by someone in admissions.

It's not the cheapest option out there, but I would LOVE to have such a strong option locally, as all the peer options would have me uprooting and heading east. Good luck!
Thanks for the informative post! Just checked my status checker, and it's finally changed from "File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" to "Evaluation in Progress." So here's hoping for some good news for us in January! :D

mcs268

Bronze

Post by mcs268 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

I applied on the 12/18 but the app is still processing. So slow! I just want it complete already.

3.56/166 Cali or Bust so Davis will 99.99% be my choice if I get in. I prefer nor cal to usc/ucla anyway :)

havanese11

New

Post by havanese11 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 pm

So UC Davis was the most expensive law school I applied to at 59K/yr as an OOS applicant. I've been patiently waiting 3.5 months now and there has been very little movement on this thread or on LSN. I know its hard to judge the quality of a school based on their application process but its getting borderline ridiculous. You'd think being one of the most expensive law schools in the country would provide the school with the funds to pay the admissions office enough to get a somewhat prompt response to applicants. I also assume that the 4 acceptances on LSN were auto admits anyway since the median LSAT is 163 and all four were well above that. I understand taking some time to carefully evaluate applicants but what is the hold up here? I'm not getting a very good impression of this school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

doppelganger

Bronze

Post by doppelganger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey, anyone else get the email about the online webchat? UC Davis is my top choice (not the highest ranking school to which I've applied) because of the focus, culture, and ties to the area, among other things. I was waitlisted last year which hurt me deeply. I think people started hearing back around the end of January. And if I remember correctly, it moves pretty quickly after the first big wave. :o

elblufer

Bronze

Post by elblufer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm

havanese11 wrote:So UC Davis was the most expensive law school I applied to at 59K/yr as an OOS applicant. I've been patiently waiting 3.5 months now and there has been very little movement on this thread or on LSN. I know its hard to judge the quality of a school based on their application process but its getting borderline ridiculous. You'd think being one of the most expensive law schools in the country would provide the school with the funds to pay the admissions office enough to get a somewhat prompt response to applicants. I also assume that the 4 acceptances on LSN were auto admits anyway since the median LSAT is 163 and all four were well above that. I understand taking some time to carefully evaluate applicants but what is the hold up here? I'm not getting a very good impression of this school.
If you read their website, it says that they don't start looking at applications until January. Do some research before bitching about them being slow. They just started.
doppelganger wrote:Hey, anyone else get the email about the online webchat? UC Davis is my top choice (not the highest ranking school to which I've applied) because of the focus, culture, and ties to the area, among other things. I was waitlisted last year which hurt me deeply. I think people started hearing back around the end of January. And if I remember correctly, it moves pretty quickly after the first big wave.
Yep, and that is not what I expected when I saw that an email was from UC Davis law.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Got the email, too. And we're getting close to the time that people started hearing back last year, so it should be soon for us. Hopefully. Of course, knowing that it should be soon only makes me MORE antsy, but such is the game of law school applications.

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Got the email as well. I went complete yesterday (1/14) after submitting on 1/2. I hope I get in, I'm a Bay Area native and would be very happy working near Sac.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WhatOurBodiesAreFor

Bronze

Post by WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 am

In 1/15 via status checker

ETA Submitted 11/4

WhatOurBodiesAreFor

Bronze

Post by WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Just got my acceptance packet in the mail today. No scholly info yet. Anyone know when it comes out?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

In review. Didn't apply 'till last week.

I live here and went to UG here so if anyone has questions PM me!

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 am

Raise your hand if you would really, really like to see some movement up in here.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”