Seattle University c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
owlie

Re: Seattle University c/o 2016

Postby owlie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm

nolabreeze wrote:
FlowerPower! wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, when did you go complete?

I went complete 11/05

That gives me some hope. I went complete 11/12 and haven't heard anything. :?

Edit: There needs to be a "grasping at straws" smiley option.

fragrock

Postby fragrock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:06 pm

owlie wrote:
nolabreeze wrote:
FlowerPower! wrote:

I went complete 11/05

Owlie: I went complete 11/21 and nothing for me either. We'll be in the next round! :P

FlowerPower!

Postby FlowerPower! » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm

fragrock wrote:
owlie wrote:
nolabreeze wrote:
FlowerPower! wrote:

I went complete 11/05

Owlie: I went complete 11/21 and nothing for me either. We'll be in the next round! :P

Maybe they are still sending out decisions today? If not, I agree that we should hear something in the next batch!

fragrock

Postby fragrock » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

FlowerPower! wrote:
Maybe they are still sending out decisions today? If not, I agree that we should hear something in the next batch!

My guess is with an email format of acceptance, they send it out like any other mass mailing and just press "go" one time.

But that won't stop me from refreshing my email regularly!

owlie

Postby owlie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

FlowerPower! wrote:
fragrock wrote:
nolabreeze wrote:
FlowerPower! wrote:

I like the way y'all think!
Last edited by owlie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlowerPower!

Postby FlowerPower! » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 pm

fragrock wrote:
FlowerPower! wrote:

My guess is with an email format of acceptance, they send it out like any other mass mailing and just press "go" one time.

But that won't stop me from refreshing my email regularly!

I thought the same thing. However, I'm still inclined to wear out the refresher button on my email, just in case!

sonny

Postby sonny » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:34 pm

rachelw wrote:UR 11/19, accepted via email today!

+1

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:56 am

hey guys im a current 1L at SU and there are a few others floatin around the site so feel free to drop some questions you may have or shoot me a pm

jendeck

Postby jendeck » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Accepted on 12/14 via email! Went complete on 11/13.

jendeck

Postby jendeck » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Does anyone know the deadline to submit the deposit? The SU website indicates that it would be one month from the date of acceptance, but that can't be right as it would only give us less than a week from when we receive our packets in the mail next month.

honolulu_hopeful

Postby honolulu_hopeful » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:12 pm

jendeck wrote:Does anyone know the deadline to submit the deposit? The SU website indicates that it would be one month from the date of acceptance, but that can't be right as it would only give us less than a week from when we receive our packets in the mail next month.

According to SU Law website, due by date stated in letter.

gerbear87

Postby gerbear87 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 pm

honolulu_hopeful wrote:
jendeck wrote:Does anyone know the deadline to submit the deposit? The SU website indicates that it would be one month from the date of acceptance, but that can't be right as it would only give us less than a week from when we receive our packets in the mail next month.

According to SU Law website, due by date stated in letter.

My due date in status checker is 4/15

owlie

Postby owlie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:21 am

Accepted :D with a summer start :shock: . Is that normal? :?:

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 am

owlie wrote:Accepted :D with a summer start :shock: . Is that normal? :?:

You should have had the option when you were filling out your app if you wanted the summer start or not...you can change it just call them no big deal pro tip though: DO THE SUMMER START if you applied for fall start you can switch...if you can swing it DO THE SUMMER START

owlie

Postby owlie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 am

atcushman wrote:
owlie wrote:Accepted :D with a summer start :shock: . Is that normal? :?:

You should have had the option when you were filling out your app if you wanted the summer start or not...you can change it just call them no big deal pro tip though: DO THE SUMMER START if you applied for fall start you can switch...if you can swing it DO THE SUMMER START

I remember reading about the summer start (on TLS' 2015 thread, I think) but I have no recollection of selecting "summer start" on the app itself. Huh. November feels so long ago, haha. It seems like a good idea anyway, no?

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:38 am

I did summer start it was amazing you get to ease into things you get special labs which give you tips on writing answers for finals you get to take a single exam to start and get feedback on it so if you fuck up u dont fuck up all 5 in the fall and if you rock it you go into the finals feelin like your the shit which is a huge leg up...and when everyone who didnt take the summer class is bitchin all semester about how much extra they have to read every night how much it sucks taking a class at like 8am (cus thats when the crim law class is during fall smester), and bitchin about they have to study for an extra week(cus crim law is the last final in the fall), you can toast them and laugh

FlowerPower!

Postby FlowerPower! » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone knew if the SU offices were closed this week because of the holiday? Just curious to see if any decisions are going to be sent out today or tomorrow. Thanks!

doglover0702

Postby doglover0702 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Checking in! Sent off my application this morning.

I don't remember a "summer start" option, on the app, but I remember reading about it. What type of applicants is it usually offered to?

njhancock

Postby njhancock » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm

doglover0702 wrote:Checking in! Sent off my application this morning.

I don't remember a "summer start" option, on the app, but I remember reading about it. What type of applicants is it usually offered to?

Part time

honolulu_hopeful

Postby honolulu_hopeful » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:30 pm

njhancock wrote:
doglover0702 wrote:Checking in! Sent off my application this morning.

Part time

Full time can take the class as well. There are three four sections (A, B, C & E). E is reserved For the part-time evening students I believe, the other two courses are for those students wishing to start in the summer.

honolulu_hopeful

Postby honolulu_hopeful » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm

atcushman wrote:hey guys im a current 1L at SU and there are a few others floatin around the site so feel free to drop some questions you may have or shoot me a pm

How many of the course options are available for P/T Evening students?

doglover0702

Postby doglover0702 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:34 am

Mine went into review yesterday evening. Surprised since I thought they would be closed during the break. Anyone else getting updates on their applications today or yesterday?

FlowerPower!

Postby FlowerPower! » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm

doglover0702 wrote:Mine went into review yesterday evening. Surprised since I thought they would be closed during the break. Anyone else getting updates on their applications today or yesterday?

No, I haven't heard anything yet myself and I went complete early in October. I'm really hopeful that I'll hear something today!

doglover0702

Postby doglover0702 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 pm

FlowerPower! wrote:
doglover0702 wrote:Mine went into review yesterday evening. Surprised since I thought they would be closed during the break. Anyone else getting updates on their applications today or yesterday?

No, I haven't heard anything yet myself and I went complete early in October. I'm really hopeful that I'll hear something today!

I doubt they'll give any more decisions before the new year. Law School Numbers shows that they halted decisions from Christmas until Jan. 6. My guess is that the next round of decisions will be next Friday. Hopefully it's just one more week of waiting for you! Good luck!

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 pm

honolulu_hopeful wrote:
atcushman wrote:hey guys im a current 1L at SU and there are a few others floatin around the site so feel free to drop some questions you may have or shoot me a pm

How many of the course options are available for P/T Evening students?

Not sure I understand your question are you talking about 1L classes or upper level electives?

All 1L classes are the same (crim, torts, Ks, civ pro, LW, and prop) in the spring, however, you will be able to pick a 1L elective, most of which are intro classes similar to survey courses un UG. Full time students have thier choice of 5 of these electives but evening students are limited to 2 or 3 (I think). As for upper division classes I am not really sure about the options for evening students but from what I have heard the school tries to offer a lot of opportunities to the evening students and I have spoken to several alumni (who have all been very succesful post grad) and they all enjoyed their experience. I also know that a lot of the upper level courses are offered later in the afternoon like 4-5 so it may not tech be evening program but it is late enough that there is prob some mixing.

Other things I have heard about evening program-They are kind of insular which can be a good and bad thing. I have heard it can be hard to get involved with clubs and activities, but I know many clubs are working on moving activities back in the day for evening students. On the other hand evening program alumni love evening program students and it may give you a leg up on networking in that circle.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”