SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crchildress » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Ruthie wrote:
crchildress wrote:
Ruthie wrote:Got my money yesterday $$$ 90,000 (which seems to be my magic number from anything not top 20).

I might go visit just to see, but I'm thinking no right now...


Who are you thinking of saying yes to then?


At this point, Emory has offered the same $$, so I would take the higher ranking. GW offerend 60,000, but I am not sure about DC (I dont want to be locked into Govt work...) We will see, I've received 4 offers and am still waiting on 7 schools. Ugh.


Well Spring is approaching and they should all be coming in.

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Are we expecting some decisions to come out today?

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crchildress » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

GardenGnome wrote:Are we expecting some decisions to come out today?


That would be nice, especially if it was an acceptance :).

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:01 pm

crchildress wrote:
GardenGnome wrote:Are we expecting some decisions to come out today?


That would be nice, especially if it was an acceptance :).


Wouldn't it? Based on last year's cycle I'm betting on next week.

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crchildress » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Wes0568 wrote:
crchildress wrote:
GardenGnome wrote:Are we expecting some decisions to come out today?


That would be nice, especially if it was an acceptance :).


Wouldn't it? Based on last year's cycle I'm betting on next week.


Why do you say that?

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Wes0568 wrote:Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.


Start with sikemenow's post on 3/8: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=162655&start=600

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Wes0568 wrote:Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.


I really hope your wrong... :shock:

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:10 pm

GardenGnome wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.


I really hope your wrong... :shock:


Me toooooo!!! This waiting is agony.

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

crchildress wrote:
GardenGnome wrote:Are we expecting some decisions to come out today?


That would be nice, especially if it was an acceptance :).


If we don't hear anything today we can spend the next week talking about the Rangers and the trash that Josh Hamilton is going to be this season...Help us cope with the cone of silence SMU is sending our way currently.

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crchildress » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:14 pm

GardenGnome wrote:
crchildress wrote:
GardenGnome wrote:Are we expecting some decisions to come out today?


That would be nice, especially if it was an acceptance :).


If we don't hear anything today we can spend the next week talking about the Rangers and the trash that Josh Hamilton is going to be this season...Help us cope with the cone of silence SMU is sending our way currently.


Sounds good to me.

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crchildress » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm

GardenGnome wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.



I imagine if they were coming out today someone would have heard something by now.

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm

crchildress wrote:
GardenGnome wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.



I imagine if they were coming out today someone would have heard something by now.


:evil:

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crchildress » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 pm

GardenGnome wrote:
crchildress wrote:
GardenGnome wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:Last year in February decisions were released on or around 2/22, the next batch wasn't until 3/8.



I imagine if they were coming out today someone would have heard something by now.


:evil:


I'll take it though if it isn't a rejection.

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:48 pm

I just want to know one way or the other.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

To be fair, last friday, our status checkers changed right before the close of the business day. I remember checking right before I left work and it had updated to "admitted".

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:51 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:To be fair, last friday, our status checkers changed right before the close of the business day. I remember checking right before I left work and it had updated to "admitted".


:lol:

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:To be fair, last friday, our status checkers changed right before the close of the business day. I remember checking right before I left work and it had updated to "admitted".


Did your application completed date change before?

Please say yes, I want some way to gauge this... :roll:

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Nope, I went complete 1/08. Then got in 2/22. Not a thing happened in between then.

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Nope, I went complete 1/08. Then got in 2/22. Not a thing happened in between then.


Sighhhh....unbelievable.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Wes0568 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Nope, I went complete 1/08. Then got in 2/22. Not a thing happened in between then.


Sighhhh....unbelievable.

What's the deal? I'm confused.

Wes0568
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Wes0568 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:11 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Nope, I went complete 1/08. Then got in 2/22. Not a thing happened in between then.


Sighhhh....unbelievable.

What's the deal? I'm confused.


A lot of people had their status update change from application complete, then application completed, then it changed the day your acceptances came out last Friday. Yours didn't change at all...so it is possible that we can't trust to glean anything from the status checker for movement, etc.

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Wes0568 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Nope, I went complete 1/08. Then got in 2/22. Not a thing happened in between then.


Sighhhh....unbelievable.

What's the deal? I'm confused.


A lot of people had their status update change from application complete, then application completed, then it changed the day your acceptances came out last Friday. Yours didn't change at all...so it is possible that we can't trust to glean anything from the status checker for movement, etc.


It still means there is a chance we hear something today though...

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Wes0568 wrote:
A lot of people had their status update change from application complete, then application completed, then it changed the day your acceptances came out last Friday. Yours didn't change at all...so it is possible that we can't trust to glean anything from the status checker for movement, etc.

Oh yeah, sorry. I've logged all the changes to all my status checkers in a word doc and those were the only 2 I put for SMU. I literally saw it change as I was leaving work last friday (which would be 15 minutes from now).

GardenGnome
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: SMU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby GardenGnome » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Wes0568 wrote:
A lot of people had their status update change from application complete, then application completed, then it changed the day your acceptances came out last Friday. Yours didn't change at all...so it is possible that we can't trust to glean anything from the status checker for movement, etc.

Oh yeah, sorry. I've logged all the changes to all my status checkers in a word doc and those were the only 2 I put for SMU. I literally saw it change as I was leaving work last friday (which would be 15 minutes from now).


People's statuses were changing before you last week. Seeing that no one has heard anything I'm guessing were out of luck this week.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AJ1010, Nobiggie, okf731, Photomike2, root_beer and 17 guests