Held at Georgetown

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LEPWU

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby LEPWU » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm

jstep wrote:This could be an epic day in TLS lore if everyone in the thread gets a letter tomorrow.

It would be brutal if we hear nothing going into the weekend...

Thoughts: if we can survive the next 16 minutes, tomorrow will be insane. Something about making it to THE notification day makes me proud, though.

El Principe

Postby El Principe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

I need to write a LOCI for here ASAP.

SupCutie

Postby SupCutie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Dear Georgetown,

I don't want to seem desperate. But I'm desperate.

Quan292

Postby Quan292 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm

SupCutie wrote:Dear Georgetown,

I don't want to seem desperate. But I'm desperate.

True!

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am

Buckle up dear friends, today is the day.

jstep

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am

Is this a check for ASW password all day kinda day? I think so.

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:21 am

jstep wrote:Is this a check for ASW password all day kinda day? I think so.

This is the day that you wait for a doorbell ring with a singing telegram messenger apologizing for the long wait but congratulating you on a fabulous application and a well-deserved acceptance. (...or an email telling you to get lost.)

jstep

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:09 pm

LEPWU wrote:

This is the day that you wait for a doorbell ring with a singing telegram messenger apologizing for the long wait but congratulating you on a fabulous application and a well-deserved acceptance. (...or an email telling you to get lost.)

Yeah a haggardly dressed, hunched man covered in snow who removes his cap before withdrawing a worn envelope from a satchel. "An urgent message from the capital sir... "

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 pm

jstep wrote:
LEPWU wrote:

Yeah a haggardly dressed, hunched man covered in snow who removes his cap before withdrawing a worn envelope from a satchel. "An urgent message from the capital sir... "

Love it. If only.

In all seriousness, though, I think we're in for a bad day (after looking at past threads). It seems that WLs and even dings (God forbid) might go out around 3pm EST or later. That's my most recent (and final) prediction. If I'm fortunate enough to get a waitlist, I will ride it to the bitter end.

jstep

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:34 pm

LEPWU wrote:
jstep wrote:
LEPWU wrote:

Love it. If only.

In all seriousness, though, I think we're in for a bad day (after looking at past threads). It seems that WLs and even dings (God forbid) might go out around 3pm EST or later. That's my most recent (and final) prediction. If I'm fortunate enough to get a waitlist, I will ride it to the bitter end.

From those threads is it a make or break day? Is it either acceptances arrive in the mail or get hit with a WL?

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 pm

jstep wrote:From those threads is it a make or break day? Is it either acceptances arrive in the mail or get hit with a WL?

No acceptances even reported. :( It was truly a mix of WLs (preferred, not preferred) and dings.

Also, I just checked my (early) snail-mail and no cigar.

SparkyZZZ

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:13 pm

On a positive note, I am not sure how many of the WLs and dings in the older threads were held applicants. Regardless...good luck- 5 hours to go!

rigoding

Postby rigoding » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Just checked the mail. Nothing for me either :(

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 pm

bloomingtea wrote:Okay I don't want to start a panic, but status updated from 12/15 (held date) -> 2/5 -> 2/26 (today). Two days to get to CA, just in time to see that acceptance in the mail? I can only hope so.

bloomingtea, this might have been a very fortuitous update for you! Someone on the regular Georgetown thread just posted that they could request a password via ASW, and they also had a 2/26 update. I'm pulling for you.

bloomingtea

Postby bloomingtea » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:20 pm

LEPWU wrote:
bloomingtea wrote:Okay I don't want to start a panic, but status updated from 12/15 (held date) -> 2/5 -> 2/26 (today). Two days to get to CA, just in time to see that acceptance in the mail? I can only hope so.

bloomingtea, this might have been a very fortuitous update for you! Someone on the regular Georgetown thread just posted that they could request a password via ASW, and they also had a 2/26 update. I'm pulling for you.

I still can't. Been trying every so often since the date change, but thanks for the support! Rooting for you too (since we have very similar #s).

ETA: Just checked the normal thread, the person wasn't held and had both stats over 75ths. I'm thinking waitlist/preferredwl/ding for the rest of us.

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 pm

bloomingtea wrote:
LEPWU wrote:

I still can't. Been trying every so often since the date change, but thanks for the support! Rooting for you too (since we have very similar #s).

ETA: Just checked the normal thread, the person wasn't held and had both stats over 75ths. I'm thinking waitlist/preferredwl/ding for the rest of us.

I'm sorry! :( For what it's worth, I'm still impressed by / jealous of your 2/26 update. Can't believe we all essentially have just a few more hours of blissful "it could be anything."

jstep

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:43 pm

LEPWU wrote:
jstep wrote:From those threads is it a make or break day? Is it either acceptances arrive in the mail or get hit with a WL?

No acceptances even reported. :( It was truly a mix of WLs (preferred, not preferred) and dings.

Also, I just checked my (early) snail-mail and no cigar.

So nobody from TLS was admitted off the waitlist lat year?

Well that sure douses any excitement. Now it's like we're on death row and the execution date is sometime in the next 3 hours.

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:47 pm

jstep wrote:So nobody from TLS was admitted off the waitlist hold lat year?

Well that sure douses any excitement. Now it's like we're on death row and the execution date is sometime in the next 3 hours.

There might have been a few accepted off of the hold list, but NOT on the final day.

jstep

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 pm

LEPWU wrote:
jstep wrote:So nobody from TLS was admitted off the waitlist hold lat year?

There might have been a few accepted off of the hold list, but NOT on the final day.

This makes me want to regurgitate. ..When did these accepted humans find out?

Quan292

Postby Quan292 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Last year it seems like a couple of people heard back a few days before the deadline and since no holds have been accepted yet it may be a little different this year.

bpc2110

Postby bpc2110 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:59 pm

What do we do if they don't tell us by 5 PM?

SparkyZZZ

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:00 pm

3 o'clock; this is it, don't get scared now.
Last edited by SparkyZZZ on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:05 pm

bpc2110 wrote:What do we do if they don't tell us by 5 PM?

1. Keep hoping that an email doesn't creep into the inbox at some odd-ball hour like 6:33pm
2. Tackle the mailman tomorrow
3. Call admissions on Monday and ask them to kindly admit you, since they failed to let you know by the 28th

That's my plan, at least.

bpc2110

Postby bpc2110 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:07 pm

I am leaving the country for a week without wifi on Sunday

LEPWU

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:08 pm

bpc2110 wrote:I am leaving the country for a week without wifi on Sunday

Cross that bridge when you get to it...next 2 hours seem crucial.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”