Held at Georgetown

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
IWillAuditYou
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:37 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby IWillAuditYou » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:39 am

chief325 wrote:Waitlisted today. Does anyone know what the chances of getting in off the regular waitlist are?


Regular WL here, too. PT. No idea what the odds are, but I'll speculate a slim chance since they give first bites to the preferred/priority WLs.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:53 am

Well, if it makes you feel better, i think a lot of the preferred waitlisters are on the list because gtown is yield protecting. If they don't write a LOCI to prove gtown is their first choice, then they aren't getting in.

chief325
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby chief325 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 am

SparkyZZZ wrote:Well, if it makes you feel better, i think a lot of the preferred waitlisters are on the list because gtown is yield protecting. If they don't write a LOCI to prove gtown is their first choice, then they aren't getting in.


Speaking of writing a LOCI, as a regular WLer are we supposed to wait until May when we are asked to reconfirm our interest?

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby NoDayButToday » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:42 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Quick question, does your status checker now indicate being on the Wait-list?

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby hos9903 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:35 pm

has anyone else seen no movement at all on their status checker since being held?

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby JRO1989 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

hos9903 wrote:has anyone else seen no movement at all on their status checker since being held?


Yup, me. And that was back in late Oct.

j-select
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby j-select » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm

pr
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

zlatanlaw
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby zlatanlaw » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm

j-select wrote:
hos9903 wrote:has anyone else seen no movement at all on their status checker since being held?


i haven't seen any movement since being held on 10/25

I was held on 10/15. Got an update on 1/14 then again on 1/29 followed by an email the same day telling me I was put on the waiting list.

User avatar
jstep
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby jstep » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:59 pm

I was held 12/12.

It still says 'complete' for that date.

According to above post ^ does that mean they are now beginning to revisit some of these? The held list is supposed to have decisions out by the 28th of Feb, while the normal waitlist is typically May correct?

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Yep, it seems like most of the movement yesterday was among the held applicants from Nov-Dec. I still haven't been able to determine whether not hearing anything is good news or bad news.

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby JRO1989 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:Yep, it seems like most of the movement yesterday was among the held applicants from Nov-Dec. I still haven't been able to determine whether not hearing anything is good news or bad news.


I want to stay positive but, seeing the numbers of some of those who were WLed, it's hard.

Sparky, were you ED?

Maybe that's obvious but, if I'm not mistaken, some RD people were talking about being held.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby SparkyZZZ » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 am

I was RD.

I wouldn't let the waitlisters' numbers discourage you. I think many of the stellar "preferred" waitlisters were victims of yield protection, so their great stats actually worked against them. Unless they send a LOCI, gtown will assume they are going to a t6.

User avatar
LEPWU
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby LEPWU » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Just curious who of the held group is still out there...

I was held back on 11/22 with no status updates since then. I want this so badly and am anxious as hell as to what might come in the next 8 days.

How are the rest of you doing?

omzster67
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby omzster67 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:15 pm

LEPWU wrote:Just curious who of the held group is still out there...

I was held back on 11/22 with no status updates since then. I want this so badly and am anxious as hell as to what might come in the next 8 days.

How are the rest of you doing?


I was held in December and am currently on 2/6

User avatar
frank617
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby frank617 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:17 pm

I was held in mid-November. I've only had one update since, 2/10. I have a feeling we'll get some movement tomorrow

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby JRO1989 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm one of the good number of people who had no movement for months and then 2/4-2/5-2/6 updates. Don't know what the differences mean but probably means something. I also wouldn't be surprised if some things start happening tomorrow.

j-select
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby j-select » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:26 pm

post removed
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rahulg91
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby rahulg91 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:10 pm

j-select wrote:
JRO1989 wrote:I'm one of the good number of people who had no movement for months and then 2/4-2/5-2/6 updates. Don't know what the differences mean but probably means something. I also wouldn't be surprised if some things start happening tomorrow.

i am in the same boat as jro1989.


Same here, held then had a 2/6 update, some people are getting decisions today, so hopefully we hear something soon?

bpc2110
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby bpc2110 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Held 1/23. Status updated today but no "USA" waitlist?

User avatar
rigoding
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby rigoding » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm

bpc2110 wrote:Held 1/23. Status updated today but no "USA" waitlist?


+1

User avatar
frank617
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby frank617 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:36 pm

does anyone know if updates come throughout the day? Or is there one wave, and if I'm still at 2/10 I won't get anything today?

j-select
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby j-select » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:01 pm

post removed
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
frank617
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby frank617 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm

frank617 wrote:does anyone know if updates come throughout the day? Or is there one wave, and if I'm still at 2/10 I won't get anything today?


Answered my own question. Just went to 2/21. No country update....damnnn. I just hope either way this is settled today

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Postby JRO1989 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:06 pm

j-select wrote:
rigoding wrote:
bpc2110 wrote:Held 1/23. Status updated today but no "USA" waitlist?


+1

same


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”