Held at Georgetown Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Just updated to 2/21.

I was held in mid January after a group interview in December.

They also updated the line "Country of Ctzn: USA."

I'm reasonably sure it is a meaningless quirk, but that won't stop me from rationalizing that they had to check my address before sending an acceptance letter.

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

WaitingandHopeful wrote:Just updated to 2/21.

I'm reasonably sure it is a meaningless quirk, but that won't stop me from rationalizing that they had to check my address before sending an acceptance letter.
There was some speculation about this last year in the Georgetown 2015 thread. While there weren't enough data points to make any conclusions, the few people who did report their address or citizenship updating all got acceptances shortly after. So, not to get your hopes up...but you might want to get your hopes up. :lol:

I'm now ED-deferred 12/10 -> 2/20 -> 2/21. No citizenship update, though: still blank.

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
WaitingandHopeful wrote:Just updated to 2/21.

There was some speculation about this last year in the Georgetown 2015 thread. While there weren't enough data points to make any conclusions, the few people who did report their address or citizenship updating all got acceptances shortly after. So, not to get your hopes up...but you might want to get your hopes up. :lol:

I'm now ED-deferred 12/10 -> 2/20 -> 2/21. No citizenship update, though: still blank.
:shock: This is getting way too real.

Good luck to everyone waiting this week.

SGrant723

New

Post by SGrant723 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey guys,

So today I received my 4th update in February. I was a non-ed who was held in January. The update today changed my name. I went to the admitted students page and was able to recover a username/password for the first time ever, but was not able to log in. Any thoughts?

CMC88

Bronze

Post by CMC88 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 pm

SGrant723 wrote:Hey guys,

So today I received my 4th update in February. I was a non-ed who was held in January. The update today changed my name. I went to the admitted students page and was able to recover a username/password for the first time ever, but was not able to log in. Any thoughts?
I was able to do the same! From looking through the Georgetown regular thread, this means we're in!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

curious66

Bronze

Post by curious66 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm

CMC88 wrote:
SGrant723 wrote:Hey guys,

I was able to do the same! From looking through the Georgetown regular thread, this means we're in!
I think this is good news for you. Congrats!!

CMC88

Bronze

Post by CMC88 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 pm

It is! My roommate just let me know a "small envelope" from Georgetown came for me today! There is hope for the held candidates! Good luck to all still waiting!

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

CMC88 wrote:It is! My roommate just let me know a "small envelope" from Georgetown came for me today! There is hope for the held candidates! Good luck to all still waiting!
Congrats! :D Reading through the previous cycles' held threads, it looked pretty bleak for all held applicants, but let this be an encouraging ray of hope for us, and all future applicants!

Now, let's hope they keep the ball rolling next week for the rest of us still waiting...

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
CMC88 wrote:It is! My roommate just let me know a "small envelope" from Georgetown came for me today! There is hope for the held candidates! Good luck to all still waiting!
Congrats! :D Reading through the previous cycles' held threads, it looked pretty bleak for all held applicants, but let this be an encouraging ray of hope for us, and all future applicants!

Now, let's hope they keep the ball rolling next week for the rest of us still waiting...
+1 to all of this

In the last 24 hours I've gone from completely resigned to a ding/WL to actually expecting good news in the next few days.

Now let's hope they aren't just toying with my emotions. Quit playin games with my heart, Dean Cornblatt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SGrant723

New

Post by SGrant723 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm attempting to refuse to get excited until I actually see the letter. Though, I know I need to stop retrieving my user name from georgetown! Off to visit Wash U - attempting to proceed as if everything is normal!

Goodluck guys!

hopelessoptimist

New

Post by hopelessoptimist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Regular WL :-/ Complete 11/13, alumni interview early December, held late December, then updates 2/20, 2/21, and 2/22. 3.9/162, surprised I even held on this long, but still disappointed. Good luck all! GW here I come!
Last edited by hopelessoptimist on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kthoma23

New

Post by kthoma23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Just got the regular WL email. Had two updates in Feb after being held in Nov.

Edit: Looked backed and noticed there was an update today as well. So 3 total in Feb.

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Sigh, preferred waitlist. The life of a super-splitter.

I know it's a weird cycle with a bunch of withdrawals from GULC already due to the scholarship shenanigans, but I'm not optimistic. Even if they plow all the way through the special-preferred WL kids, I'll be fighting for scraps with the rest of the preferred waitlist. Already fired all my bullets after my initial hold e-mail (LOCI, campus visit, etc), so I don't know what else to do. Gave it my best shot.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

KingFish

Bronze

Post by KingFish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:41 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Sigh, preferred waitlist. The life of a super-splitter.

I know it's a weird cycle with a bunch of withdrawals from GULC already due to the scholarship shenanigans, but I'm not optimistic. Even if they plow all the way through the special-preferred WL kids, I'll be fighting for scraps with the rest of the preferred waitlist. Already fired all my bullets after my initial hold e-mail (LOCI, campus visit, etc), so I don't know what else to do. Gave it my best shot.
So are there 3 wait lists?

WL
Preferred WL
Special Preferred WL?

FromDCtoWhere

New

Post by FromDCtoWhere » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Just got an e-mail for the preferred waitlist, I'm interviewing next week so I hope that will help!

Best of luck to everyone waiting on decisions! :D

Homelandsagreatshow

Bronze

Post by Homelandsagreatshow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Regular wait list here

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 am

So who else is still waiting?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jym_dawg

Bronze

Post by jym_dawg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 am

Just dropping by to say there look to be a hell of a lot of withdrawals on LSN already, especially in comparison to the other T14s. Hopefully that bodes well for y'all.

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Updated again today, so the address change last week wasn't accompanied by a letter in the mail apparently. Coming up on 2/28.

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:04 pm

In. Letter dated 2/25

rufus&miles

Bronze

Post by rufus&miles » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:05 pm

WaitingandHopeful wrote:In. Letter dated 2/25
Congrats!!! I'm glad some held people had good news!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SparkyZZZ

Bronze

Post by SparkyZZZ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:19 am

Thought I would resurrect this thread for all of us held in 2013-14 cycle.

After getting over my initial confusion, it looks like being held is better than just getting straight-up waitlisted. The odds aren't great, and it looks like most people that don't get dinged end up on the WL anyway, but there is hope!

bpc2110

New

Post by bpc2110 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Held 1/23

chief325

New

Post by chief325 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Waitlisted today. Does anyone know what the chances of getting in off the regular waitlist are?

AnonymousAlterEgoC

Bronze

Post by AnonymousAlterEgoC » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 am

bpc2110 wrote:Held 1/23
Same. Still trying to decide whether an LOCI would be helpful at this point.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”