Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
csexton182
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby csexton182 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks for everyone's help in my decision, I really appreciate it. Yeah I had the same wait list email as you. However, I got a pretty informal email last Friday night (which I'm fine with, I dont mean it to sound negative) , and they told me a scholarship opened up and it was awarded to me. I was pretty excited about it. I'm going to visit sometime in may when I get up there, because I need to make a decision soon on schools.

bdans89
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bdans89 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:46 pm

csexton182 wrote:Thanks for everyone's help in my decision, I really appreciate it. Yeah I had the same wait list email as you. However, I got a pretty informal email last Friday night (which I'm fine with, I dont mean it to sound negative) , and they told me a scholarship opened up and it was awarded to me. I was pretty excited about it. I'm going to visit sometime in may when I get up there, because I need to make a decision soon on schools.


That's great. Had you sent many LOCIs or expressed interest before they emailed you about the scholarship?

csexton182
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby csexton182 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:09 pm

I actually haven't sent any loci's. I was getting ready to but they sent it to me before I had the chance to send it. I was pretty surprised about how fast I got pulled off the wait list

User avatar
laotze
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby laotze » Fri May 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Just withdrew from my place the other day (was only still in because of the "free" deposit and desire to have a full-proof fallback). Full in-state tuition scholly + living stipend should be freed up for the taking now.

oleosmirf
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby oleosmirf » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 am

Just finished my 1st year here and I am very pleased with how it went. Internships are very easy to get although most are unpaid (which I refuse to consider unless its at a very prestigious place). And no you don't need top grades, just have to network. A lot of my fellow students are doing slave work for the Courts here in Camden and Trenton and at the attorney general's office.

I am working for a small firm to do paid research (Note: Put on your resume you have access to an unconditional lexis account during the summer).

The average GPA for the core classes were 3.02-3.10 except for legal writing which is 3.20

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JuTMSY4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:28 am

oleosmirf wrote:I am working for a small firm to do paid research (Note: Put on your resume you have access to an unconditional lexis account during the summer).


Don't do that. You are not allowed to use your student access for paid and/or private work (your friends at the AG's office or in the courts can because they're working for the gov't)

oleosmirf
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby oleosmirf » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
oleosmirf wrote:I am working for a small firm to do paid research (Note: Put on your resume you have access to an unconditional lexis account during the summer).


Don't do that. You are not allowed to use your student access for paid and/or private work (your friends at the AG's office or in the courts can because they're working for the gov't)


My understanding is Lexis (in order to compete with the far more popular Westlaw) is allowing law students to do so. I could be wrong of course, but that was impression I received when talking to the rep at the school.

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby JuTMSY4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:05 pm

oleosmirf wrote:
JuTMSY4 wrote:
oleosmirf wrote:I am working for a small firm to do paid research (Note: Put on your resume you have access to an unconditional lexis account during the summer).


Don't do that. You are not allowed to use your student access for paid and/or private work (your friends at the AG's office or in the courts can because they're working for the gov't)


My understanding is Lexis (in order to compete with the far more popular Westlaw) is allowing law students to do so. I could be wrong of course, but that was impression I received when talking to the rep at the school.


Googled it - i stand corrected (I'm assuming its new).

BlueBerryBus
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueBerryBus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

Good morning All..........has anybody withdrawn after the 2nd deposit deadline? Just checking the temperature for waitlist movement. Thanks!

nick417
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nick417 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm

BlueBerryBus wrote:Good morning All..........has anybody withdrawn after the 2nd deposit deadline? Just checking the temperature for waitlist movement. Thanks!


BlueBerry, I can tell you that I was recently solicited to apply to Rutgers-Camden and was accepted. I have until mid-July to make a decision. My assumption would be that Rutgers-Camden is going to wait until after people like me make a decision.

Lumieres
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Lumieres » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Nick: They seriously asked you to apply?! Camden must need students... Although, their admitted student day back in the spring had a decent turnout.

BlueBerryBus
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueBerryBus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 pm

nick417 wrote:
BlueBerryBus wrote:Good morning All..........has anybody withdrawn after the 2nd deposit deadline? Just checking the temperature for waitlist movement. Thanks!


BlueBerry, I can tell you that I was recently solicited to apply to Rutgers-Camden and was accepted. I have until mid-July to make a decision. My assumption would be that Rutgers-Camden is going to wait until after people like me make a decision.



Wow.......thanks for the info, Nick417.

BlueBerryBus
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueBerryBus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 am

nick417 wrote:
BlueBerryBus wrote:Good morning All..........has anybody withdrawn after the 2nd deposit deadline? Just checking the temperature for waitlist movement. Thanks!


BlueBerry, I can tell you that I was recently solicited to apply to Rutgers-Camden and was accepted. I have until mid-July to make a decision. My assumption would be that Rutgers-Camden is going to wait until after people like me make a decision.


Did you apply for FT or PT?

nick417
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nick417 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

Lumieres wrote:Nick: They seriously asked you to apply?! Camden must need students... Although, their admitted student day back in the spring had a decent turnout.


Yeah, not sure. The Philly News has said that Rutgers-Camden has seen a huge decrease in applications because of the proposed merger between Rutgers-Camden and Rowan U. HOWEVER, that plan has been denied and now Rutgers-Camden and Rutgers-Newark are merging as one Rutgers Law school.

nick417
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nick417 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 am

BlueBerryBus wrote:
nick417 wrote:
BlueBerryBus wrote:Good morning All..........has anybody withdrawn after the 2nd deposit deadline? Just checking the temperature for waitlist movement. Thanks!


BlueBerry, I can tell you that I was recently solicited to apply to Rutgers-Camden and was accepted. I have until mid-July to make a decision. My assumption would be that Rutgers-Camden is going to wait until after people like me make a decision.


Did you apply for FT or PT?


I have my choice of FT or PT. If I go to Rutgers I will be doing FT.

BlueBerryBus
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby BlueBerryBus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 am

nick417 wrote:
Lumieres wrote:Nick: They seriously asked you to apply?! Camden must need students... Although, their admitted student day back in the spring had a decent turnout.


Yeah, not sure. The Philly News has said that Rutgers-Camden has seen a huge decrease in applications because of the proposed merger between Rutgers-Camden and Rowan U. HOWEVER, that plan has been denied and now Rutgers-Camden and Rutgers-Newark are merging as one Rutgers Law school.



--LinkRemoved--

This.

lawyir
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:25 pm

.

Postby lawyir » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 am

.
Last edited by lawyir on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nick417
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nick417 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Anyone still looking for an apartment?

I have found some cheaper apartments right around campus that are a lot cheaper than the graduate housing at 330 Cooper. Unfortunately I need to find at least two other people. If you're interested, send me a message and I will give you more details.

Lumieres
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Lumieres » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Nick417: No temple? Or were you a NJ resident?

nick417
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby nick417 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Lumieres wrote:Nick417: No temple? Or were you a NJ resident?


No, I am not a NJ resident. However, it is really easy to become a NJ resident. All you need is to sign a lease at an apartment in NJ and you can obtain in-state tuition. Therefore, combined with the amazing scholarship offer Rutgers gave me, I choose Rutgers.

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Rutgers Camden c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey guys, so this is late in the process, but I'm curious to know if their scholarship stipulation is standard or does everyone have a different threshold to meet to keep their scholly? I'm asking because I withdrew not too long ago, and earlier this week they emailed me offering a full tuition scholly, but no indication of their stips, they asked if I'm interested to let them know and they will send me the details. Just curious what others have been offered before I reply directly to them. Thanks everyone!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Baby Gaga, carlos_danger, cyclawps, danid83, Google Adsense [Bot], hamburg, jer0689, kneetap, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, patrickkpaul, phelpsy, sonyco, texteach and 26 guests