Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
criminaltheory
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby criminaltheory » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm

bluegreen wrote:visited the campus - I liked Loyola's more. Anyone have experience visiting the campus?


The CK building struck me as just a large office space, which was kind of a bummer. The area of town is also a bit lacking, at least as far as immediate access to a lively area. The study space with big glass that's in all the promo material is pretty awesome, but it seems small and at least from the tour it seemed like one of the only really comfortable study areas.

bluegreen
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby bluegreen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 pm

criminaltheory wrote:
bluegreen wrote:visited the campus - I liked Loyola's more. Anyone have experience visiting the campus?


The CK building struck me as just a large office space, which was kind of a bummer. The area of town is also a bit lacking, at least as far as immediate access to a lively area. The study space with big glass that's in all the promo material is pretty awesome, but it seems small and at least from the tour it seemed like one of the only really comfortable study areas.


That's what I felt, too. Just an office building. I know this may be common with other schools, but I also liked how Loyola's law library isn't open to the public during the day, whereas Kent's is. Kent is ranked higher, but I think Kent/DP/Loyola are all pretty much the same.

cnk
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby cnk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm

anyone heard back with a decision lately?

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby chowiechow » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 pm

cnk wrote:anyone heard back with a decision lately?


still waiting.. :?

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby hhockberger » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am

Just withdrew--good luck everyone!

cnk
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby cnk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 pm

application updated to "complete- in review" again 2/14/13 from 1/16/13. hopefully this indicates a decision soon, maybe tomorrow? in the past i've noticed decisions have been on fridays.

hi21
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby hi21 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 pm

cnk wrote:application updated to "complete- in review" again 2/14/13 from 1/16/13. hopefully this indicates a decision soon, maybe tomorrow? in the past i've noticed decisions have been on fridays.


Yup, I got mine on a Friday. Hopefully it's good news!

buckeyegirl2013
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby buckeyegirl2013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 pm

According to twitter, they are releasing a big batch tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

babyxballerina
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby babyxballerina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 pm

buckeyegirl2013 wrote:According to twitter, they are releasing a big batch tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

:shock: good luck everyone!!!

NIUmelk
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby NIUmelk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

cnk wrote:application updated to "complete- in review" again 2/14/13 from 1/16/13. hopefully this indicates a decision soon, maybe tomorrow? in the past i've noticed decisions have been on fridays.



This happened to me also. I went under review on 1/28, and my status changed yesterday to the same thing. Anyone know what time decisions generally come out?

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby nba101790 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Same pattern here; updated from 1/18 complete to 2/14 yesterday. I was told by a member of the Committee that I would likely hear toward the end of February, but it's possible decisions could come out today too as it's already the latter half of the month.

nmlf16
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby nmlf16 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm

In via status checker!

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby nba101790 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Awesome! When was your last complete/UR date?

hi21
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby hi21 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

nba101790 wrote:Same pattern here; updated from 1/18 complete to 2/14 yesterday. I was told by a member of the Committee that I would likely hear toward the end of February, but it's possible decisions could come out today too as it's already the latter half of the month.


I received notification through email first at around noon PST.

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby chowiechow » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Anyone else hear yet? I'm still waiting on mine. Application Complete - In Review on 02/08/2013 :?

jw52
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby jw52 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:43 pm

chowiechow wrote:Anyone else hear yet? I'm still waiting on mine. Application Complete - In Review on 02/08/2013 :?

I got in today via status checker, Complete on 01/14/2013

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby chowiechow » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

jw52 wrote:
chowiechow wrote:Anyone else hear yet? I'm still waiting on mine. Application Complete - In Review on 02/08/2013 :?

I got in today via status checker, Complete on 01/14/2013


Thanks! I'm guessing I won't hear today then but still have my fingers crossed.

Congrats btw!

nmlf16
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby nmlf16 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 pm

nba101790 wrote:Awesome! When was your last complete/UR date?


1/29

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby nba101790 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Hopefully Kent is in sync with Loyola's process and realizes that it's probably in their interest to try to process all pre-1/15 applications by end of business today. But, that's probably just wishful thinking.

User avatar
Inconceivable!
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby Inconceivable! » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Has anyone accepted to Kent received an acceptance package in the mail? I was admitted in mid-January, but never received anything. Thanks!

User avatar
patienunderstanding
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby patienunderstanding » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:Has anyone accepted to Kent received an acceptance package in the mail? I was admitted in mid-January, but never received anything. Thanks!


Theres nothing "new" in the packet, but if you want it call them and say that you did not get it.

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby chowiechow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Batch of decisions will be released today per @CKSteveP's twitter. Has anyone heard yet?

cnk
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby cnk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm

chowiechow wrote:Batch of decisions will be released today per @CKSteveP's twitter. Has anyone heard yet?


nope, In review as of 1/16 and then again 2/14...

zbenson
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby zbenson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

cnk wrote:
chowiechow wrote:Batch of decisions will be released today per @CKSteveP's twitter. Has anyone heard yet?


nope, In review as of 1/16 and then again 2/14...


I was the exact same and I just checked...admitted!

User avatar
Acronin689
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Re: Chicago-Kent c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle Applicant Thread

Postby Acronin689 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Admitted today!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, dddddd90, joezze, Keilz, pizzagoblin and 14 guests