Arizona c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aztec27
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby aztec27 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 pm

No I'm in San Diego.. Not too far but still a trip. May try and make a stop there after I check out some other schools. Still my #1 tho. 158 3.65 nonURM

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby gaud » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Can you take a year off? UofA will cost you a ton if you get in (you'll be paying OOS sticker price)..

If you took a year off to retake the LSAT, you could be looking a serious scholarship $$$

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby buddyt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:18 pm

gaud wrote:Can you take a year off? UofA will cost you a ton if you get in (you'll be paying OOS sticker price)..

If you took a year off to retake the LSAT, you could be looking a serious scholarship $$$

+1. UofA has historically been pretty generous with scholarships. Add 8 points to your LSAT and there are OOS applicants on LSN getting as much as $75,000 from UofA with a GPA slightly lower than yours. If you studied 2 hours a day, 6 days a week from now until June that's about 150 hours of study, and if you got a similar score and a similar scholarship that would be $500/hr. That's a millionaire's rate. You probably won't be able to make that kind of money ever again in your lifetime.

Please don't attend UofA at sticker.

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby zniha » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Decision rendered 2/20!

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby nickb285 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Just got the scholarship letter! Tuition set at $12k/year for all three years, top 90% stip. Quite pleased with this one.

3.17, 169, OOS, non-URM.

User avatar
Pip42
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Pip42 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm

OOS tuition locked at 26k a year. Top 90% stip. Better than I hoped.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby buddyt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 pm

"Distinguished Scholar" award: full tuition+fees for all 3 years, top 90% stip. Now if only ASU would get their offers out...

grassynome
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby grassynome » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

18k for tuition a year deans achievement scholly

cheymao
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby cheymao » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 pm

buddytyler wrote:"Distinguished Scholar" award: full tuition+fees for all 3 years, top 90% stip. Now if only ASU would get their offers out...


Same here. It's a very generous offer, but I still haven't heard back from ASU.

User avatar
Charlie.Home
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Charlie.Home » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 am

buddytyler wrote:"Distinguished Scholar" award: full tuition+fees for all 3 years, top 90% stip. Now if only ASU would get their offers out...


Interesting, mine is same but without the 90% stip

User avatar
FrankGallagher
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby FrankGallagher » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 am

buddytyler wrote:"Distinguished Scholar" award: full tuition+fees for all 3 years, top 90% stip. Now if only ASU would get their offers out...


yup, i got the same. certainly makes things interesting

User avatar
AKsnow
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby AKsnow » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

FrankGallagher wrote:
buddytyler wrote:"Distinguished Scholar" award: full tuition+fees for all 3 years, top 90% stip. Now if only ASU would get their offers out...


yup, i got the same. certainly makes things interesting


I got that offer as well, I'll be withdrawing shortly so hopefully that money will get dispersed to others! Good luck.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Arizona is hoggin' all the jobs!!!!

elcee1987
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby elcee1987 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 am

I'm feeling pretty good about U of A, particularly if they kick some money to me. I think my heart is already living in Tucson, haha. My parents are looking into buying a condo for me to live in, since they can pay cash and it would be cheaper than renting. Anyone thinking of doing this? After 7 years of roommates and crappy landlords, I'm dreaming of having my own place.

User avatar
mewalke1
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby mewalke1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 pm

elcee1987 wrote:I'm feeling pretty good about U of A, particularly if they kick some money to me. I think my heart is already living in Tucson, haha. My parents are looking into buying a condo for me to live in, since they can pay cash and it would be cheaper than renting. Anyone thinking of doing this? After 7 years of roommates and crappy landlords, I'm dreaming of having my own place.



I toured UA about a month ago and I really liked the law school. I haven't lived in AZ most of my life and am about to graduate from ASU. Im also thinking of buying a house or something if I get in down there.

User avatar
Charlie.Home
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Charlie.Home » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 pm

mewalke1 wrote:
elcee1987 wrote:I'm feeling pretty good about U of A, particularly if they kick some money to me. I think my heart is already living in Tucson, haha. My parents are looking into buying a condo for me to live in, since they can pay cash and it would be cheaper than renting. Anyone thinking of doing this? After 7 years of roommates and crappy landlords, I'm dreaming of having my own place.



I toured UA about a month ago and I really liked the law school. I haven't lived in AZ most of my life and am about to graduate from ASU. Im also thinking of buying a house or something if I get in down there.


I grew up in Tucson and went to UA undergrad. I'm not staying here for law school, but if I were you I would check out the condos in this building: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/71675814_zpid . Prices have come down and you can walk to the law school in less than 10 minutes, walk to all the bars/restaurants on University in 3 minutes, and walk downtown in 15. Also the new street car has a stop two minute walk away that can take you anywhere in between UA and downtown. I think it would be a great plan.

I can't vouch for how quiet it is there to study, but there isn't that many condos near campus and your bound to be with some undergrads at all of them.

Like a said, I've lived in Tucson my whole life and spend my undergrad living right at the edge of UA campus so let me know if you have any questions.

Aroldis105
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Aroldis105 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Decision Rendered-
Anyone know if WLs or Rejections are sent via mail or does this mean...*GULP*...I'm in??

User avatar
mewalke1
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby mewalke1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Charlie.Home wrote:
mewalke1 wrote:
elcee1987 wrote:I'm feeling pretty good about U of A, particularly if they kick some money to me. I think my heart is already living in Tucson, haha. My parents are looking into buying a condo for me to live in, since they can pay cash and it would be cheaper than renting. Anyone thinking of doing this? After 7 years of roommates and crappy landlords, I'm dreaming of having my own place.



I toured UA about a month ago and I really liked the law school. I haven't lived in AZ most of my life and am about to graduate from ASU. Im also thinking of buying a house or something if I get in down there.


I grew up in Tucson and went to UA undergrad. I'm not staying here for law school, but if I were you I would check out the condos in this building: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/71675814_zpid . Prices have come down and you can walk to the law school in less than 10 minutes, walk to all the bars/restaurants on University in 3 minutes, and walk downtown in 15. Also the new street car has a stop two minute walk away that can take you anywhere in between UA and downtown. I think it would be a great plan.

I can't vouch for how quiet it is there to study, but there isn't that many condos near campus and your bound to be with some undergrads at all of them.

Like a said, I've lived in Tucson my whole life and spend my undergrad living right at the edge of UA campus so let me know if you have any questions.



Cool Ill take a look

elcee1987
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby elcee1987 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Aroldis105 wrote:Decision Rendered-
Anyone know if WLs or Rejections are sent via mail or does this mean...*GULP*...I'm in??



Don't know, but that "Decision Rendered" thing was probably the most annoying status update I've seen from any of my law schools. Just tell me already!! Plus, I was out of town for the week when I saw that, and my roommates did not have the sense of urgency I had in checking the dang mail.

User avatar
zniha
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby zniha » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail 3/1

tmoney
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby tmoney » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail. Oh well, no cactus for me.

Aroldis105
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Aroldis105 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 am

In via mail. 159/3.9
I understand that scholarship information comes a couple weeks after.
Unfortunately it'd have to be substantial for me to attend.

Hopefullyfuturelaw
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Hopefullyfuturelaw » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:48 am

Has anyone recieved or also not recieve their scholarship packet? I got my acceptance letter 2/1 and havent heard anything regarding scholarships since. Should I call them or be worried? I also live in Arizona (closer to ASU). thanks

kitty1990
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby kitty1990 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 pm

In via phone call. :D Excited for the upcoming admitted students events.

Grand_Inquisitor
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19 am

Re: Arizona c/o 2016

Postby Grand_Inquisitor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:54 pm

I think I'm in... I was an early decision waitlist back in december. Now status checker no longer shows decision and the requirements list shows seat deposits.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, blahblah123, Google [Bot], mse2020, Snowjon, ThorB and 37 guests