Connecticut (UConn) c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sergiokun16

Re: Connecticut (UConn) c/o 2016

Postby sergiokun16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am

UR as of 1/3. Hoping for good news from UConn, they are way up my list.

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:40 pm

I scheduled a visit for next week. Has anyone done one at UConn already? What can I expect? Did you get to talk to anyone with significance in the admissions process?

nmlf16

Postby nmlf16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:02 pm

sergiokun16 wrote:UR as of 1/3. Hoping for good news from UConn, they are way up my list.

Under review as well.

skri65

Postby skri65 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am

sergiokun16 wrote:I scheduled a visit for next week. Has anyone done one at UConn already? What can I expect? Did you get to talk to anyone with significance in the admissions process?

Not answering your questions here, but I visited the school today in an unofficial visit. I walked around myself and checked the place out. The campus is actually pretty breathtaking, especially the library. It has a really special gothic look to the whole campus. The inside of the buildings are a pretty different story...it certainly hasn't been kept nice and updated. Can't get everything. I'd say the look of the place on the outside makes up for the negatives on the inside.

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 pm

skri65 wrote:
sergiokun16 wrote:I scheduled a visit for next week. Has anyone done one at UConn already? What can I expect? Did you get to talk to anyone with significance in the admissions process?

Not answering your questions here, but I visited the school today in an unofficial visit. I walked around myself and checked the place out. The campus is actually pretty breathtaking, especially the library. It has a really special gothic look to the whole campus. The inside of the buildings are a pretty different story...it certainly hasn't been kept nice and updated. Can't get everything. I'd say the look of the place on the outside makes up for the negatives on the inside.

Yeah I agree, based on pictures I've seen the academic buildings and the library are breathtaking from the outside. Does anyone know where most law students live (names of specific neighborhoods)? I wouldn't mind taking a drive around the area just to see where most students live, just to get an idea. Thanks!

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Accepted today via email! :lol:

amf728

Postby amf728 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

got my admit letter in the snail mail today after getting the acceptance email about 3 weeks ago. anyone else get it yet?

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 pm

To others already accepted, have you found out about any scholarship info? If so, how?

msowins

Postby msowins » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 pm

In review as of yesterday! How long did it take everyone to get a decision once in review?

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

msowins wrote:In review as of yesterday! How long did it take everyone to get a decision once in review?

I went UR 1/3 and got accepted 1/16

nmlf16

Postby nmlf16 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am

Just withdrew. Good luck to everyone else!

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 pm

To others already accepted, have you found out about any scholarship info? If so, how?

ctdunlap12

Postby ctdunlap12 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 am

Accepted but still waiting on scholarship info like the rest of you. I received two letters from UCONN this past week. One was a welcome from the dean and the second was about how to qualify for financial aid, but I assume that was just for need-based aid. I guess my question is "do I need to complete my FAFSA or any other forms to qualify for merit scholarship money or will that come without any further action?" Thanks for the help!

msowins

Postby msowins » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Waitlisted today. I am below the 25th percentile for the LSAT, so I am quite happy not to be flat out denied. (I'm in-state so maybe that helped.) Does anyone know how to send a final transcript to LSAC/a law school? I have graduated since applying in the fall and LSAC has my transcript from then, but how does it work to send a new one? I am confused because UCONN has to receive it through LSAC.

Also, anyone know where I could find how many students get in off the waitlist every year?

Thanks!!!

skri65

Postby skri65 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 pm

I was emailed my scholarship info. I will most likely be withdrawing, just need to see if I can use this to negotiate.

paranoia4ya

Postby paranoia4ya » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 am

msowins wrote:Waitlisted today. I am below the 25th percentile for the LSAT, so I am quite happy not to be flat out denied. (I'm in-state so maybe that helped.) Does anyone know how to send a final transcript to LSAC/a law school? I have graduated since applying in the fall and LSAC has my transcript from then, but how does it work to send a new one? I am confused because UCONN has to receive it through LSAC.

Also, anyone know where I could find how many students get in off the waitlist every year?

Thanks!!!

go to lsac and print out the undergraduate transcript request form for the school that gave you your graduate degree. Go/talk to your school and have them send a copy of your official transcript to the lsac (address is on the transcript request form.) Some schools make it difficult to include form with the official transcript. If this is the case, have the school send it without the form. This is all assumming that you are simply updating your transcript.

msowins

Postby msowins » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 am

paranoia4ya wrote:
msowins wrote:Waitlisted today. I am below the 25th percentile for the LSAT, so I am quite happy not to be flat out denied. (I'm in-state so maybe that helped.) Does anyone know how to send a final transcript to LSAC/a law school? I have graduated since applying in the fall and LSAC has my transcript from then, but how does it work to send a new one? I am confused because UCONN has to receive it through LSAC.

Thanks!!!

go to lsac and print out the undergraduate transcript request form for the school that gave you your graduate degree. Go/talk to your school and have them send a copy of your official transcript to the lsac (address is on the transcript request form.) Some schools make it difficult to include form with the official transcript. If this is the case, have the school send it without the form. This is all assumming that you are simply updating your transcript.

Thank you for your response, but what do I do after that once LSAC has received it? Since the official transcript comes in your LSAC report sent when you originally apply, the entire report will have to be sent again? And is it the same for extra recommendations or can those be sent right to the school through email or mail?

paranoia4ya

Postby paranoia4ya » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Thank you for your response, but what do I do after that once LSAC has received it? Since the official transcript comes in your LSAC report sent when you originally apply, the entire report will have to be sent again? And is it the same for extra recommendations or can those be sent right to the school through email or mail?[/quote]

I took this from the lsac.org

"Updating Your Transcript Information

You should have official transcripts sent to LSAC for any additional academic work completed after your initial law school reports have been sent to law schools by LSAC. This information will be incorporated into your file, and updated transcript reports will be sent to the law schools as long as their reporting term is still current."

msowins

Postby msowins » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 pm

paranoia4ya wrote:Thank you for your response, but what do I do after that once LSAC has received it? Since the official transcript comes in your LSAC report sent when you originally apply, the entire report will have to be sent again? And is it the same for extra recommendations or can those be sent right to the school through email or mail?

I took this from the lsac.org

"Updating Your Transcript Information

You should have official transcripts sent to LSAC for any additional academic work completed after your initial law school reports have been sent to law schools by LSAC. This information will be incorporated into your file, and updated transcript reports will be sent to the law schools as long as their reporting term is still current."[/quote]

Thanks so much!

meyersa15

Postby meyersa15 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm

accepted today!

Lilytoes

Postby Lilytoes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Did anyone receive scholarship info after their initial acceptance package? I was accepted last week, and just received my letter today with no mention of $$... I have a 3.4/169 and was expecting a significant amount. For those who did receive scholarships, what were your numbers? UConn is one of my top choices, but I'm confused.

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Lilytoes wrote:Did anyone receive scholarship info after their initial acceptance package? I was accepted last week, and just received my letter today with no mention of $$... I have a 3.4/169 and was expecting a significant amount. For those who did receive scholarships, what were your numbers? UConn is one of my top choices, but I'm confused.

+1

I've been trying to find out the same thing. Anyone have the answer to this?

paranoia4ya

Postby paranoia4ya » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:55 pm

sergiokun16 wrote:
Lilytoes wrote:Did anyone receive scholarship info after their initial acceptance package? I was accepted last week, and just received my letter today with no mention of $$... I have a 3.4/169 and was expecting a significant amount. For those who did receive scholarships, what were your numbers? UConn is one of my top choices, but I'm confused.

+1

I've been trying to find out the same thing. Anyone have the answer to this?

I went to the school recently, and I discussed scholarships with the admissions office. If you are a CT resident, you are eligible for one of the 20 full tuition scholarships they offer. I am out of state, but after I visited the campus, I recieved a scholarship that will make my cost of tuition equal the in state rate. I was told that aside from the full tuition scholarship for people from CT, there are not many other substantial discounts offered to students.

ffoxes

Postby ffoxes » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 pm

In via email 2/12!

I love UConn, went there for undergrad, and am a CT resident.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard about scholly offers yet. Last cycle, a friend of mine got offered full tuition within hours of her acceptance email. Has anyone had the same experience?

baddabing27

Postby baddabing27 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 am

In yesterday via email!

Psyched about this one.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”