Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NewYorkL

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby NewYorkL » Wed May 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

chrislee012

Postby chrislee012 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 am

For those who got that email, I got the same email, responded, and a day later they called me and took me off the waitlist. I do feel since they aren't mass sending that email, theyre gauging your interest so its definitely a good sign for those who are wondering. Good Luck.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Thu May 16, 2013 2:30 pm

For those of you accepted off wait list, are you planning on attending or are you not sure yet? I'm waiting to see if I get offered any $$.

andres

Postby andres » Thu May 16, 2013 3:47 pm

chrislee012 wrote:For those who got that email, I got the same email, responded, and a day later they called me and took me off the waitlist. I do feel since they aren't mass sending that email, theyre gauging your interest so its definitely a good sign for those who are wondering. Good Luck.

Accepted from the WL. I declined their offer.

tcny98

Postby tcny98 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am

After increasing my scholarship to $45,000/year, i'm attending. Cheers! See all of you in the fall

_empower

Postby _empower » Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Just received a call that I was accepted off the WL. She said I have until Tuesday to make a commitment. She asked where I'd be going if it wasn't BK and I said probably Rutgers because of the cost. She said she would send me some info about applying for financial aid so they could give me an offer by Monday and I could use that to help in my decision.

I'm not sure how interested I am at this point. It's quite a bit more expensive than Rutgers and not ranked too differently. I also probably won't be staying on the East Coast forever, so any extra ties Brooklyn might have with NYC might not be worth the extra tens of thousands.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

tcny98

Postby tcny98 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:14 am

_empower wrote:Just received a call that I was accepted off the WL. She said I have until Tuesday to make a commitment. She asked where I'd be going if it wasn't BK and I said probably Rutgers because of the cost. She said she would send me some info about applying for financial aid so they could give me an offer by Monday and I could use that to help in my decision.

I'm not sure how interested I am at this point. It's quite a bit more expensive than Rutgers and not ranked too differently. I also probably won't be staying on the East Coast forever, so any extra ties Brooklyn might have with NYC might not be worth the extra tens of thousands.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... chool.html

tcny98

Postby tcny98 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:18 am

Does anyone know if BLS c/o 2016 has a Facebook page yet? I can't remember if they sent me a link.

ArizonaSecrets

Postby ArizonaSecrets » Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 pm

So I never deposited at BLS and instead took a very similar scholarship offer from Dozo. I was hoping BLS came up and they just did to 50k a year scholarship. That's like a 15k difference from my Dozo offer. I'm grateful but confused and unsure what to do.

Take what you will from this information.

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 am

Anyone know when we find out about housing placements (for those who applied)?

tcny98

Postby tcny98 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

sergiokun16 wrote:Anyone know when we find out about housing placements (for those who applied)?

I was wondering the same thing. Did you meet the deadline? If not, (I didn't) I've heard some pretty weird things. A friend got notice just 2 DAYS before the start of the lease last year.

Marshallgirl

Postby Marshallgirl » Sat May 25, 2013 12:34 pm

For those who met the deadline, someone in the campus services office emailed me back saying that I would recieve an email with the placement by the end of May.

Cylonhunter

Postby Cylonhunter » Sat May 25, 2013 4:37 pm

I created a c/o 2016 group on Facebook.

mmartens358

Postby mmartens358 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Cylonhunter wrote:I created a c/o 2016 group on Facebook.

Link?

Cylonhunter

Postby Cylonhunter » Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am

mmartens358 wrote:
Cylonhunter wrote:I created a c/o 2016 group on Facebook.

Link?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/375434649235671/

ArizonaSecrets

Postby ArizonaSecrets » Tue May 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Marshallgirl wrote:For those who met the deadline, someone in the campus services office emailed me back saying that I would recieve an email with the placement by the end of May.

Can you let us know if you hear back at the end of May?

tcny98 wrote:
sergiokun16 wrote:Anyone know when we find out about housing placements (for those who applied)?

I was wondering the same thing. Did you meet the deadline? If not, (I didn't) I've heard some pretty weird things. A friend got notice just 2 DAYS before the start of the lease last year.

Do you know if your friend submitted for a single residence or to have roommates?

I think I'm going to call to find out when they could tell me if I got mine submitted right away. I hoping for a studio. Like I said, they increased my scholarship and it makes for a hard deal to turn down. I just wish this could've been sorted out earlier.

I, too, get the feeling that the process wasn't run very efficiently. Hopefully this is representative of the school as a whole.

pwnyc127

Postby pwnyc127 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Scholly just got increased to full, making BLS the easy choice. See all of you in the fall!

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Admissions told me on Thursday that I would hear about housing by the end of the week....no dice.

sergiokun16

Postby sergiokun16 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Housing is out today, at least for those who applied by the deadline.

ArizonaSecrets

Postby ArizonaSecrets » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:12 pm

So, I just deposited after my scholarship increased but it seems like they are completely booked on housing for next year. I was really hoping to get a 1BR or studio in Feil. Oh well...here's hoping that wait list moves.

duncanmn95

Postby duncanmn95 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi friends :D I was just accepted via email today. I'm wondering what y'all think of my chances of getting a scholarship offer this late in the game. 3.37/168 [highest]. Does it make a difference that I applied so late? Are any of y'all still trying to negotiate? Have any of y'all heard about how hard it is to retain the scholarship given the strict stips? Like, have any of y'all heard about how competitive it is?

jack5on

Postby jack5on » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:06 pm

duncanmn95 wrote:Hi friends :D I was just accepted via email today. I'm wondering what y'all think of my chances of getting a scholarship offer this late in the game. 3.37/168 [highest]. Does it make a difference that I applied so late? Are any of y'all still trying to negotiate? Have any of y'all heard about how hard it is to retain the scholarship given the strict stips? Like, have any of y'all heard about how competitive it is?

The stips at brooklyn are really good. all schollys, that I've heard of so far, are top 80%. To be fair, if you are in the bottom 20% you probably shouldn't expect a scholarship.

Your #s are good enough to get a good scholly from the school, but its hard to tell what their status is at this juncture. When I went to talk with them, they said they had a pretty strict budget set out by the trustees on scholarships. That said, I'm sure they have enough to offer you something competitive. The reason why they wouldn't negotiate this year, as opposed to other years, is because of the strict range on their budget for scholarships.

I'm sure they kept some money for the back end applicants. Best of luck!

duncanmn95

Postby duncanmn95 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 pm

jack5on wrote:
duncanmn95 wrote:Hi friends :D I was just accepted via email today. I'm wondering what y'all think of my chances of getting a scholarship offer this late in the game. 3.37/168 [highest]. Does it make a difference that I applied so late? Are any of y'all still trying to negotiate? Have any of y'all heard about how hard it is to retain the scholarship given the strict stips? Like, have any of y'all heard about how competitive it is?

The stips at brooklyn are really good. all schollys, that I've heard of so far, are top 80%. To be fair, if you are in the bottom 20% you probably shouldn't expect a scholarship.

Your #s are good enough to get a good scholly from the school, but its hard to tell what their status is at this juncture. When I went to talk with them, they said they had a pretty strict budget set out by the trustees on scholarships. That said, I'm sure they have enough to offer you something competitive. The reason why they wouldn't negotiate this year, as opposed to other years, is because of the strict range on their budget for scholarships.

Hey thanxoxox dude...I called them, and they said I should hear back about an offer next week. So, when I hear top 80%, that makes me think that I have to put in moderate effort, like, do the reading, pass the exams, etc., but that I won't have to kill myself studying, but like are they just making the whole curriculum way harder??? I guess what I'm trying to say is that generous stipulation just seems too good to be true, like, there's gotta be a catch! Like, am I going to have to rip pages outta library books to break into the top 4/5 of the class???

well.let's.see

Postby well.let's.see » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:23 pm

duncanmn95 wrote:
jack5on wrote:

Hey thanxoxox dude...I called them, and they said I should hear back about an offer next week. So, when I hear top 80%, that makes me think that I have to put in moderate effort, like, do the reading, pass the exams, etc., but that I won't have to kill myself studying, but like are they just making the whole curriculum way harder??? I guess what I'm trying to say is that generous stipulation just seems too good to be true, like, there's gotta be a catch! Like, am I going to have to rip pages outta library books to break into the top 4/5 of the class???
Last edited by well.let's.see on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well.let's.see

Postby well.let's.see » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:35 pm

But to everyone else, I am seriously doing last minutes research...need any and all reasons to attend BLS and not be too worried about attending a 3rd level school in NYC--(1st=NYU/Columbia ; 2nd=Fordham ; 3rd=Dozo/BLS ; 4th, 5th, etc. etc.), and it is really nowhere close to 2nd level, let us not even discuss 1st--where every T10 also sends kids in troves. I would only have to come up with cost of living, but I want to get a job after. Anyone know it's actual professional reputation? How loyal are the alumni, honestly? Reasonable to go and aspire outside of public interest (broadly defined)?

Again, any and all input. PM or post on the thread. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”