Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jme91
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby jme91 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:53 pm

I've been stuck at "ready for review" since 1/10. I'm getting worried, should I call and check in with the admissions office?

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 pm

i applied late..went "ready for review" on 1/22...and today finally moved to first "in review".

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby sanjola » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 pm

In via status checker!! :D

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 am

sanjola wrote:In via status checker!! :D



congrats :) so the 3 "in review" updates seems to the norm

nwlawschool2013
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nwlawschool2013 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 am

jme91 wrote:I've been stuck at "ready for review" since 1/10. I'm getting worried, should I call and check in with the admissions office?


I've been ready for review since 1/9, I wouldn't worry. If you were missing something it would say so on the status checker.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby sanjola » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 am

nirvanah wrote:
sanjola wrote:In via status checker!! :D



congrats :) so the 3 "in review" updates seems to the norm



Thanks! Yeah it seems that way.

rshw89
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:04 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby rshw89 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 am

In via status checker

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:05 am

rshw89 wrote:In via status checker


congrats to you as well :) I stalked your stats, and we have applied to some of the same schools :) Im still waiting to hear from Tulane - in review (congrats on that), and SMU (no movement there). when did you go in review first at brooklyn? Do you have your top school narrowed down or still waiting on scholly info?

It seems like the second "in review" for brooklyn is the determining one..the third one happens the day after the second..and then decisions have been either same day as third update or the following day. There doesn't seem to be a clear pattern between first "in review", and second "in review".

rshw89
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:04 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby rshw89 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:17 am

nirvanah wrote:
rshw89 wrote:In via status checker


congrats to you as well :) I stalked your stats, and we have applied to some of the same schools :) Im still waiting to hear from Tulane - in review (congrats on that), and SMU (no movement there). when did you go in review first at brooklyn? Do you have your top school narrowed down or still waiting on scholly info?

It seems like the second "in review" for brooklyn is the determining one..the third one happens the day after the second..and then decisions have been either same day as third update or the following day. There doesn't seem to be a clear pattern between first "in review", and second "in review".


Thank you. I first went in review at Brooklyn a few days ago I believe. It didn't take very long once I went under review. I think I sat at "ready for review" for a few weeks, but it was only 2-3 days of "in review." Each day the status date was updated. I don't have a top choice as of yet. A lot of it will come down to scholarship offers.

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:43 am

rshw89 wrote:Thank you. I first went in review at Brooklyn a few days ago I believe. It didn't take very long once I went under review. I think I sat at "ready for review" for a few weeks, but it was only 2-3 days of "in review." Each day the status date was updated. I don't have a top choice as of yet. A lot of it will come down to scholarship offers.



this isnt going to help my obsessive status checking :-). I will most certainly be looking at that page several times tomorrow :)

User avatar
dirtrida2
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 am

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
baddabing27
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby baddabing27 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 am

Anyone have a chance to check this out?

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/01/from-the ... d-schools/

Its from January, but I was glad to find it. Something to feel good about - at least if we get some scholarship money...

User avatar
ffoxes
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby ffoxes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:55 pm

In today via status checker!

Was only "in review" for 5 days (2 of them being weekend days).

Congrats to everyone else, now I know how amazing it feels!

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 pm

ffoxes wrote:In today via status checker!

Was only "in review" for 5 days (2 of them being weekend days).

Congrats to everyone else, now I know how amazing it feels!




congrats!! I went in review thursday (so 4 days w/ the 2 weekend days....still in review...i assumed there wouldnt be acceptances yet because of the blizzard, but i guess they are back at work

User avatar
ffoxes
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby ffoxes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks! Believe me, I was pretty surprised to see that today.
I'm predicting you will hear soon! :D

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm

i hope so!!! Did you have 3 "in review" statuses? Or did it happen so quickly you didnt even notice?

Lilykins
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby Lilykins » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I went complete on 12/10 and have been in review since 1/2.

#s: 159/3.67

Brooklyn is my top choice-- and with a number of other acceptances (weeks ago) from similarly (and higher) ranked schools, I'm starting to panic.

Anyone else in a similar situation? When is too soon to follow up with BLS?

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm

2nd in review update today! from what ive read on this thread...3rd in review and decision possibly tomorrow or the following day...lol, im scared to look at status check now,LOL

User avatar
jme91
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby jme91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Finally went under review today, complete since 1/10. :| I hope that's not a bad sign

mawata
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby mawata » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am

jme91 wrote:Finally went under review today, complete since 1/10. :| I hope that's not a bad sign


Same! And I think we already established we had similar numbers, right? Unless that was someone else....anyways, I wouldn't count us out JUST yet. At least theres been some movement.

User avatar
ffoxes
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby ffoxes » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:21 am

nirvanah wrote:i hope so!!! Did you have 3 "in review" statuses? Or did it happen so quickly you didnt even notice?


I only had 1 "in review" update after being "ready for review", so it seems my case is uncommon. But I did wind up going complete pretty late in the game (early Feb) due to problem with my updated transcript (the problem being my undergrad didn't send it :roll:)

My personal theory is now that schools have pretty much seen what they are going to get in terms of apps, they are making decisions more hastily - and giving out lots of money in desperation. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

User avatar
ffoxes
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby ffoxes » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:38 am

Lilykins wrote:I went complete on 12/10 and have been in review since 1/2.

#s: 159/3.67

Brooklyn is my top choice-- and with a number of other acceptances (weeks ago) from similarly (and higher) ranked schools, I'm starting to panic.

Anyone else in a similar situation? When is too soon to follow up with BLS?



I would give it until the end of this week, and if you haven't gotten a decision, then email or call. At this point, I don't think it can hurt.. but that's just me. I know other posts on here warn against it.

nwlawschool2013
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nwlawschool2013 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 am

Complete 1/09
In review 2/11

nirvanah
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby nirvanah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:03 pm

third in review update :D...from what ive read on this thread...decision either in the next hours or tomorrow....so nervous!

User avatar
baddabing27
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law c/o 2016

Postby baddabing27 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm

For all of you still waiting: Good luck!

...mmm did anyone else get the email about ASD for the 13th? Anyone planning to attend?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests