Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
winter.is.coming

Re: In at Harvard

Postby winter.is.coming » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 am

^^^ Same, I can't figure it out.

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 am

winter.is.coming wrote:^^^ Same, I can't figure it out.

Yeah must be a glitch; wasn't like that for me

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah, mine's fine. Must be a glitch. Use another internet browser?!

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 am

Has anyone else's status check become a huge hyperlink after you sent the tuition deposit/it updated to "tuition deposit received"?

A lot of the text in mine is now blue, and if I click anywhere on the status check page it opens up an email to 1L2B.

dcg2120

Postby dcg2120 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:34 am

edgeofthenight wrote:...How do you fill out the survey? I didn't see any actual survey and just assumed it wasn't ready yet. This is what shows up on the page:
It looks like this on Chrome and Safari

Just a guess, but do you have your security settings up really high? I don't know too much about it, but if you have JavaScript disabled, this keeps the survey form from loading. It would also block things like Gmail's normal view (the HTML-only view would still work).

To change this in Safari: click on the settings menu (gear on upper-right corner), click "preferences", click on the "Security" tab and check "Enable JavaScript"

in Chrome: click on the settings menu (three lines in the upper-right corner), click "settings", click "Show advanced settings..." on the bottom, click "Content settings..." under "Privacy", then click "Allow all sites to run JavaScript" under "JavaScript".

If that doesn't work, there's another glitch with Mac OSX (I think) that is messing with secure input forms like this one for Chrome and Safari--so you could try Firefox or one of the fixes listed here: http://whackymackey.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... s-not.html

Good luck, and anyone who knows more please tell me if I am wrong.

edgeofthenight

Postby edgeofthenight » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm

If that doesn't work, there's another glitch with Mac OSX (I think) that is messing with secure input forms like this one for Chrome and Safari--so you could try Firefox or one of the fixes listed here:

Downloaded firefox and it works on that browser - thank you!

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:38 pm

I have some pretty strict scriptblockers up and I had to disable them to fill out the survey, so that could be the case.

tirakon

Postby tirakon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Anyone else still waiting to be confirmed for the Facebook group? I was really hoping I'd be approved by now...

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

tirakon wrote:Anyone else still waiting to be confirmed for the Facebook group? I was really hoping I'd be approved by now...

How long have you been waiting?

txwalt

Postby txwalt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm

tirakon wrote:Anyone else still waiting to be confirmed for the Facebook group? I was really hoping I'd be approved by now...

In the same boat. I requested Monday night, but I don't think the number of members has changed since then so I assume the admins haven't checked it in a few days.

txwalt

Postby txwalt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:49 pm

txwalt wrote:

In the same boat. I requested Monday night, but I don't think the number of members has changed since then so I assume the admins haven't checked it in a few days.

Just got approved!

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 am

txwalt wrote:
txwalt wrote:

Just got approved!

Naoice.

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 am

Has anyone else noticed that Harvard has been by far the least factory-like school? Skype, tons of emails from faculty and students, Facebook group, etc. I've been very impressed.

I, Lawyer

Postby I, Lawyer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:20 am

Does anyone know what the housing situation is for the ASWs? Does Harvard hook us up, or are we on are own?

sm38439

Postby sm38439 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:27 am

I, Lawyer wrote:Does anyone know what the housing situation is for the ASWs? Does Harvard hook us up, or are we on are own?

From what I remember, you can sign up to be hosted by students in dorms or you can find housing on your own. A limited number of local accommodations have special Harvard discount rates. (At least this was the case a couple years ago.)

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 am

honeybadger12 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Harvard has been by far the least factory-like school? Skype, tons of emails from faculty and students, Facebook group, etc. I've been very impressed.

I was thinking this too. They've been doing an awesome job on keeping everyone updated.

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am

Has anyone who got in later started receiving e-mails from students and professors?

I was accepted on the 10th but didn't fill out the survey until around the 20th or 22nd or something, and I haven't gotten any e-mails yet.

questcertainty

Postby questcertainty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am

JedBartlett wrote:Has anyone else's status check become a huge hyperlink after you sent the tuition deposit/it updated to "tuition deposit received"?

A lot of the text in mine is now blue, and if I click anywhere on the status check page it opens up an email to 1L2B.

I noticed that, too, the day the deposit was received. Strange!

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 pm

zdamico wrote:Has anyone who got in later started receiving e-mails from students and professors?

I was accepted on the 10th but didn't fill out the survey until around the 20th or 22nd or something, and I haven't gotten any e-mails yet.

I think I filled mine out around the same time and I only got my first and only email Tuesday. (Still brainstorming intelligent questions to ask.) I'm sure they're just backlogged by the recent influx.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 am

questcertainty wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:Has anyone else's status check become a huge hyperlink after you sent the tuition deposit/it updated to "tuition deposit received"?

I noticed that, too, the day the deposit was received. Strange!

Glad I'm not the only one!

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

JedBartlett wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Harvard has been by far the least factory-like school? Skype, tons of emails from faculty and students, Facebook group, etc. I've been very impressed.

I was thinking this too. They've been doing an awesome job on keeping everyone updated.

Completely agree. The perceptions I'd developed before applying were debunked immediately. They're interested in much more than numbers and they work hard to embrace and compete for the commitment of admitted students. I gave a few other schools some good feedback, most of all Duke. Even spending time as a government employee, I've rarely felt more like a number in a database.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am

kingsfield69 wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:

Completely agree. The perceptions I'd developed before applying were debunked immediately. They're interested in much more than numbers and they work hard to embrace and compete for the commitment of admitted students. I gave a few other schools some good feedback, most of all Duke. Even spending time as a government employee, I've rarely felt more like a number in a database.

Maybe they are consciously trying to change the perception? I dunno what past years were like so I can't speak to that.

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am

JedBartlett wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:

Maybe they are consciously trying to change the perception? I dunno what past years were like so I can't speak to that.

I don't know if its a conscious effort to change perception, or not, but Harvard is the only school that I applied to that actually seems to have a personality. I feel like I've learned about Harvard throughout the admissions process whereas with other schools I know as much now (perhaps even less, if possible) as when I started. Regardless of why they're doing it, they're really good at it and this is a lot better than Michigan's pseudo-colloquial emails

ETA I know my grammar is really weak in this post, but I'm tired.

I, Lawyer

Postby I, Lawyer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm trying to plan my flights for the March ASW, and I haven't been able to find a detailed schedule anywhere. Does anyone know when activities begin on the 9th and end on the 11th?

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 am

I, Lawyer wrote:I'm trying to plan my flights for the March ASW, and I haven't been able to find a detailed schedule anywhere. Does anyone know when activities begin on the 9th and end on the 11th?

Don't think there's a schedule yet.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”