Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JedBartlett

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 am

LaMuSayonga wrote:I'm interested in a niche practice area, so receiving a personalized email from the professor who wrote THE definitive textbook on the subject left me a bit awestruck. I also received emails from two current students and the DA of the city where I eventually want to practice, so that was pretty awesome. I'd also like to know of anyone plans on responding to these emails.

I responded back and said thanks. He responded with a really nice email.

Seriously, Harvard has amazing professors. The idea of taking courses under these guys is making me mentally salivate.

Edit: But it does seem like a few of the emails have been personalized to a fairly large degree, so I do think sending an email back would be fine.

hopeful16

Postby hopeful16 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:
hopeful16 wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:Which professor emailed you guys? I got Noah Feldman. Whoa.

Mine was Jeannie Suk. Also, are you guys replying to any of these emails?

That is so cool. Read her wiki bio! Apparently she was married to Noah Feldman. The idea of getting to spend every waking moment with celebrities is seriously making me wet myself.

:mrgreen:

Very neat! It's amazing how accomplished the HLS professors are.

hopeful16

Postby hopeful16 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm

JedBartlett wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:I'm interested in a niche practice area, so receiving a personalized email from the professor who wrote THE definitive textbook on the subject left me a bit awestruck. I also received emails from two current students and the DA of the city where I eventually want to practice, so that was pretty awesome. I'd also like to know of anyone plans on responding to these emails.

I responded back and said thanks. He responded with a really nice email.

Seriously, Harvard has amazing professors. The idea of taking courses under these guys is making me mentally salivate.

Edit: But it does seem like a few of the emails have been personalized to a fairly large degree, so I do think sending an email back would be fine.

Thanks for the info!

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Harvard recieved my deposit. Officially enrolled in the class of 2016! :)

What a long journey the law school application process has been; nice to see that it is done.

hopeful16

Postby hopeful16 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

JedBartlett wrote:Harvard recieved my deposit. Officially enrolled in the class of 2016! :)

What a long journey the law school application process has been; nice to see that it is done.

Congrats!!

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 pm

JedBartlett wrote:Harvard recieved my deposit. Officially enrolled in the class of 2016! :)

Congrats!! A quicker decision-maker than I

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Congrats! I'll be joining you ... soonest.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks, guys. Hope you all end up coming too :).

ScratchableItch

Postby ScratchableItch » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm

JedBartlett wrote:Thanks, guys. Hope you all end up coming too :).

I'm about 95% certain I'll be joining you in the fall.

And I've also been really impressed with these emails. I've received nine now, including one from an alum who gave me a few of his favorite bars and places to live in Cambridge.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm

ScratchableItch wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:Thanks, guys. Hope you all end up coming too :).

I'm about 95% certain I'll be joining you in the fall.

And I've also been really impressed with these emails. I've received nine now, including one from an alum who gave me a few of his favorite bars and places to live in Cambridge.

Yeah, everyone I've talked to so far from HLS has been awesome and really nice, including Dean Soban. Should be interesting to meet everyone at the admitted students weekend.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 pm

JedBartlett wrote:Yeah, everyone I've talked to so far from HLS has been awesome and really nice, including Dean Soban. Should be interesting to meet everyone at the admitted students weekend.

Which one is everyone thinking about attending? The March one falls at a really bad time for me, so I'll probably go in April.

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 am

sabanist wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:Yeah, everyone I've talked to so far from HLS has been awesome and really nice, including Dean Soban. Should be interesting to meet everyone at the admitted students weekend.

Which one is everyone thinking about attending? The March one falls at a really bad time for me, so I'll probably go in April.

I'll be out of the country in March so same here.

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 am

honeybadger12 wrote:
sabanist wrote:

Aw, I'm doin' March (Spring Break).

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

JedBartlett wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:
sabanist wrote:

Aw, I'm doin' March (Spring Break).

Still not completely settled, but most likely April. Should be a great time.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:12 am

I'm going in March. Looking forward to meeting everyone! (even though I have to defer and won't officially be in the Class of 2016)

Pittpanther

Postby Pittpanther » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm going in March too. Can't wait to meet everyone. For current undergrads, do you know if we need to send in our transcript for the first semester this year or just our final transcript?

edgeofthenight

Postby edgeofthenight » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm

After weeks of lurking, I am so honored to be checking in! Still in UG, not married, no kids, probably going in March as April is a horrible month for me!

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Pittpanther wrote:I'm going in March too. Can't wait to meet everyone. For current undergrads, do you know if we need to send in our transcript for the first semester this year or just our final transcript?

on the admitted students website it seems to indicate that they just want the final one by mid-June.
Congrats new admits :)

edamame

Postby edamame » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Checking in... Not sure which ASW I'm going to. Can't wait to get the email tonight and show my family, though.

Edit: No spouse, no children, still in undergrad.
Last edited by edamame on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haveahat

Postby haveahat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Congrats to all the new js2s!

I finally decided on the early march asw so hopefully I will see some of you there!

And since this thread has turned into this: no spouse, no children, still in undergrad

JedBartlett

Postby JedBartlett » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Congrats everyone!!!!

kingsfield69

Postby kingsfield69 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 pm

JedBartlett wrote:Congrats everyone!!!!

+1!

I remember what a great feeling it was to get that call from JS ... re-living it through you all is a joy. Congrats and hope to meet you in Cambridge.

My wife tells me that my long-awaited binder is at the house -- time to go home.

questcertainty

Postby questcertainty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Quite unbelievably, checking in! JS2 a little over two hours ago! Can't wait to get to Cambridge.

questcertainty

Postby questcertainty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Has anybody else who got in today received the email JS mentioned? Also, does the status checker change? Just curious -- would love to show my dad.

polareagle

Postby polareagle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Thrilled to be checking in.
(And single/no kids for what it's worth).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”