.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

.

Postby JedBartlett » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:48 pm

EDIT: I think this thread is clogging up real estate that is better served by other threads, especially since almost no other schools have an "In at X" thread yet, and as such I think we should migrate to other threads.

If you are for sure going to Harvard next year, post here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=193217.

If you are undecided, ask HLS students questions in this thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=141188) or this thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... it=harvard) or check out the HLS FAQ (http://www.law.harvard.edu/about/faq.html).

There are already threads that serve the function of this one, and not many other schools have an "In at X" thread clogging up real estate, so I feel a bit guilty about having this clog up space when so many people are still applying. So out of consideration for other applicants, I think it'd be good to use what we have (a lot) instead of clogging the space up.

If one of you wants to start a new "In at HLS" thread, be my guest, but I felt guilty maintaining this one given the above. People in this forum are anxious, and having an "In at X" thread at this extremely early point in the process seems to me to be a bit discourteous. It may sound silly, but--regardless--there it is. It's my personal opinion, so if one of you wants to make a new thread feel free, but I think this one should die.

Needless to say, please do not bump.

See you all at ASW!
Last edited by JedBartlett on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 am, edited 8 times in total.

haveahat
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby haveahat » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks for making a thread for people who are not ready to commit yet (though I know you are).

No packet yet, but I live far from Boston. I'm also telling myself it is taking so long because they loaded it up with so many goodies that USPS is putting off delivery!

hdivine
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby hdivine » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 am

Not yet, but my status checker on Harvard's site shows it's been shipped.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 am

haveahat wrote:Thanks for making a thread for people who are not ready to commit yet (though I know you are).

No packet yet, but I live far from Boston. I'm also telling myself it is taking so long because they loaded it up with so many goodies that USPS is putting off delivery!


No problem. And same here--nothing yet. It was shipped the 20th.

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby kingsfield69 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:06 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?


I'm like 99% sure I said ms. Soban.

Also, during the JS2 she said "hi this is Jessica Soban" and she pronounced it so-bahn kind of like autobahn or Sorbonne

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby kingsfield69 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:57 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?


I'm like 99% sure I said ms. Soban.

Also, during the JS2 she said "hi this is Jessica Soban" and she pronounced it so-bahn kind of like autobahn or Sorbonne


Very helpful my friend -- thanks!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Jed-- got my acceptance package today. I'm just a short drive from Boston so it was probably sent out Friday or Thursday at the latest.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:54 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Jed-- got my acceptance package today. I'm just a short drive from Boston so it was probably sent out Friday or Thursday at the latest.


Nice, I'll be looking for it in the mail :).

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Jed-- got my acceptance package today. I'm just a short drive from Boston so it was probably sent out Friday or Thursday at the latest.


What was in the packet?

User avatar
pacifica
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby pacifica » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:53 pm

JedBartlett wrote:What was in the packet?


Decision letter with a handwritten note by JS, deposit/withdraw form, 4 pre-addressed envelopes for mailing college certification (2x) and acceptance or withdraw form, HLS sticker, 2 view books (1 general, 1 for admitted students), and 1 admitted student procedure guidebook

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:21 pm

pacifica wrote:
JedBartlett wrote:What was in the packet?


Decision letter with a handwritten note by JS, deposit/withdraw form, 4 pre-addressed envelopes for mailing college certification (2x) and acceptance or withdraw form, HLS sticker, 2 view books (1 general, 1 for admitted students), and 1 admitted student procedure guidebook


Very awesome, thanks pacifica.

hopeful16
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby hopeful16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 am

kingsfield69 wrote:Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?

I did not have occasion to say her last name in the interview, but I emailed her a thank you note later that day and addressed it "Dear Dean Soban"

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby kingsfield69 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 am

hopeful16 wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?

I did not have occasion to say her last name in the interview, but I emailed her a thank you note later that day and addressed it "Dear Dean Soban"


Appreciate this; I doubt this will happen in the interview, but I'll feel more confident if I'm prepared for everything. Good idea on the email -- I will probably do the same no matter how things go.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:51 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
hopeful16 wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?

I did not have occasion to say her last name in the interview, but I emailed her a thank you note later that day and addressed it "Dear Dean Soban"


Appreciate this; I doubt this will happen in the interview, but I'll feel more confident if I'm prepared for everything. Good idea on the email -- I will probably do the same no matter how things go.


Good luck Kingsfield!

brownpride
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby brownpride » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 pm

FYI, there's an HLS Class of 2016 thread for those who are definitely planning on attending:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=193217

User avatar
kingsfield69
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby kingsfield69 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:59 pm

JedBartlett wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:
hopeful16 wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:Silly question for you successful JS1 vets: if you had occasion, did you refer to JS on a first-name basis or did you say "Dean Soban?" I think I know my answer, but wonder about your thoughts/experiences.

Also, does anyone know how JS' last name is pronounced?

I did not have occasion to say her last name in the interview, but I emailed her a thank you note later that day and addressed it "Dear Dean Soban"


Appreciate this; I doubt this will happen in the interview, but I'll feel more confident if I'm prepared for everything. Good idea on the email -- I will probably do the same no matter how things go.


Good luck Kingsfield!


Appreciate it brother! Congrats again!

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:49 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
Appreciate it brother! Congrats again!


No problem. Bumping this so the recent acceptances see it!

User avatar
pandamonium13
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby pandamonium13 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Got my acceptance package in the mail today!

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 pm

pandamonium13 wrote:Got my acceptance package in the mail today!


Same! Can't wait to deposit and send my college certification!

Anyone wanna compile a list of what we need to do before enrollment? I can edit the original post and include it.

hdivine
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby hdivine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 am

pandamonium13 wrote:Got my acceptance package in the mail today!


Same here. The HLS bumper sticker was a good addition -- although I'd feel a bit awkward having it on my car near Cambridge.
Last edited by hdivine on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

haveahat
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby haveahat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 am

Mine arrived at my parents' house today! They are sending it on to me at school :)

User avatar
ScratchableItch
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby ScratchableItch » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 am

I don't quite believe it yet...

...but checking in. :P

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby JedBartlett » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Where is the bumper sticker? I think they forgot mine!

No!!!!!!

User avatar
EttaJ
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby EttaJ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 pm

The bumper sticker is small. Make sure to check the booklets, as it may have found its way in between the pages. If it is still not there, just call the admissions office. I'm sure they will send you another one.

Which ASW will everyone here attend--March or April? My JS2 was a while ago now, but I am still so excited!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Assasindowntheavenue, azaleafire, Houzy, Imago Loop, jstans, Pugnax, q2w3e and 11 guests