WVU c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ironrenegade21

Re: WVU c/o 2016

Postby ironrenegade21 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:30 pm

anyone seriously considering heading to Morgantown this fall?

princessofpower

Postby princessofpower » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm giving Morgantown some serious consideration given my proximity to WVU and the scholarship $$

ironrenegade21

Postby ironrenegade21 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm

WVU is instate for me and with some $$ it is definitely one of my top choices, I'm just worried obviously about debt and job prospects.

princessofpower

Postby princessofpower » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm OOS (SW PA) & a little worried about employment prospects if I don't return to my current employer after law school... I'm not so sure I want to live in WV the rest of my life. They have surprisingly good employment stats if you want to stay in WV though.

It concerns me a little that only a 1/3 of their students are female. This may be self selection, but I'm wondering if it is a reflection of the legal climate in WV.

ironrenegade21

Postby ironrenegade21 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm

princessofpower wrote:I'm OOS (SW PA) & a little worried about employment prospects if I don't return to my current employer after law school... I'm not so sure I want to live in WV the rest of my life. They have surprisingly good employment stats if you want to stay in WV though.

It concerns me a little that only a 1/3 of their students are female. This may be self selection, but I'm wondering if it is a reflection of the legal climate in WV.

I know that I would be fine to live in WV the rest of my life. I've lived here all my life so far and my family and my wifes family all live in WV so that is not the problem I just want to make sure that law is the right career choice at this time.

nmlf16

Postby nmlf16 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

Just withdrew after being accepted. Hopefully this helps someone get in or get a nicer scholly!

wvdew

Postby wvdew » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am

WVU 3L here. I am a WV resident and so it made sense to attend the state law school, given that I'll practice in state and the tuition is so cheap. As another poster has indicated, if you're practicing in WV you quickly realize that the huge majority of the bar went to WVU. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The school is up on a hill and self-contained; you won't see anyone but other law students in the library. They are doing some major renovations that will really make it into a first-class facility. The student body is very down to earth and tight-knit. As was said before, its a great sports town and university. Live anywhere but downtown and you'll be in great shape (you can always go downtown for the bar scene whenever you like).

Here's a link for the construction:

http://construction.wvu.edu/projects/law-center

ironrenegade21

Postby ironrenegade21 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm

wvdew wrote:WVU 3L here. I am a WV resident and so it made sense to attend the state law school, given that I'll practice in state and the tuition is so cheap. As another poster has indicated, if you're practicing in WV you quickly realize that the huge majority of the bar went to WVU. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The school is up on a hill and self-contained; you won't see anyone but other law students in the library. They are doing some major renovations that will really make it into a first-class facility. The student body is very down to earth and tight-knit. As was said before, its a great sports town and university. Live anywhere but downtown and you'll be in great shape (you can always go downtown for the bar scene whenever you like).

Here's a link for the construction:

http://construction.wvu.edu/projects/law-center

Thanks for checking in. What was OCI like during your first two years? Also do you have anything lined up now?

Hours

Postby Hours » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 pm

I know I'm kind of late but I recently applied to WVU with 3.46 gpa and 158 lsat. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea about potential scholarships.

NoMistakes

Postby NoMistakes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 pm

anyone going to ASD on the 6th?

ferrusivicible

Postby ferrusivicible » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 am

I wanted to some feedback.. I have been accepted at WV, Stetson Law (pt) Waitlisted at SUNY, and still havent heard from Rutgers-Camden. I am a native of the Tampa, FL area and currently hold a ft job making decent money. Wv has offered me a 12k/yr scholarship, Stetson isnt giving me any money. Should I move? Should I put a deposit down for Stetson? Any feedback would be appreciated.

rwhyAn

Postby rwhyAn » Wed May 01, 2013 3:40 pm

ferrusivicible wrote:I wanted to some feedback.. I have been accepted at WV, Stetson Law (pt) Waitlisted at SUNY, and still havent heard from Rutgers-Camden. I am a native of the Tampa, FL area and currently hold a ft job making decent money. Wv has offered me a 12k/yr scholarship, Stetson isnt giving me any money. Should I move? Should I put a deposit down for Stetson? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would choose Stetson if I were you because you can keep your job and stay where you are. If you have a solid job, it'll help minimize some of the debt, and in addition, it kind of serves as an insurance policy if you can't find a legal job. Plus, there's a very good possibility that you will end up deeply in debt and make less money than you are at your current job, if you were to go to one of the other schools.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”