University of Colorado c/o 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mhaquinator

Re: University of Colorado c/o 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mhaquinator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
mhaquinator wrote:Just off the Waitlist! I am in!

Anyone know if there's an open house soon?

congrats!
did your status changed at all on the checker page?
I'm on the WL and went from decision made to in review last week

Yeah, it says "decision rendered". I also just got a FB invite to join their group, so you should get that soon if you get in. Mind you, it was just the snail mail and no email for my admit.

ndel21

Postby ndel21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 pm

mhaquinator wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

congrats!

Yeah, it says "decision rendered". I also just got a FB invite to join their group, so you should get that soon if you get in. Mind you, it was just the snail mail and no email for my admit.

When did you go into application in review again???

cslouisck

Postby cslouisck » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:40 pm

At the beginning of this process, I'd never dreamed of leaving Colorado, but after wrestling with it for a few months, I've decided to withdraw. Looking to be back here in a few years, but in the interim, here's hoping one of you deserving folks gets my scholarship dollars.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:43 pm

mhaquinator wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

congrats!

didnt it say decision rendered before? or did the date change?

edit: just got an email from the admissions office. all WL communications will do done over email

mhaquinator

Postby mhaquinator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:55 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
mhaquinator wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

congrats!

didnt it say decision rendered before? or did the date change?

edit: just got an email from the admissions office. all WL communications will do done over email

Wow, they changed the notification process then.

I think the date probably changed. Did you send them a LOCI recently?

mhaquinator

Postby mhaquinator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 pm

ndel21 wrote:
mhaquinator wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

congrats!

I wanna say early to mid Feb?

ndel21

Postby ndel21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Yeah, it says "decision rendered". I also just got a FB invite to join their group, so you should get that soon if you get in. Mind you, it was just the snail mail and no email for my admit.[/quote]

When did you go into application in review again???[/quote]

I wanna say early to mid Feb?[/quote]

Oh wow so they were looking at their waitlist applicants since mid Feb! thats really different.

mhaquinator

Postby mhaquinator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:16 pm

ndel21 wrote:Yeah, it says "decision rendered". I also just got a FB invite to join their group, so you should get that soon if you get in. Mind you, it was just the snail mail and no email for my admit.

When did you go into application in review again???[/quote]

Oh wow so they were looking at their waitlist applicants since mid Feb! thats really different.[/quote]

Oh, I meant my application under initial review. I got an email about waitlist in review on the 8th April.

ndel21

Postby ndel21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 pm

mhaquinator wrote:
ndel21 wrote:Yeah, it says "decision rendered". I also just got a FB invite to join their group, so you should get that soon if you get in. Mind you, it was just the snail mail and no email for my admit.

Oh wow so they were looking at their waitlist applicants since mid Feb! thats really different.[/quote]

Oh, I meant my application under initial review. I got an email about waitlist in review on the 8th April.[/quote]

Oh ok thanks lol they have been re-reviewing my app since the 18th. hopefully they say something soon. Do you guys know if ppl from the waitlist get any money?

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:23 pm

cslouisck wrote:At the beginning of this process, I'd never dreamed of leaving Colorado, but after wrestling with it for a few months, I've decided to withdraw. Looking to be back here in a few years, but in the interim, here's hoping one of you deserving folks gets my scholarship dollars.

Know the feels. Definitely a difficult decision. Where you headed now?

cslouisck

Postby cslouisck » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:52 pm

espressocream wrote:
cslouisck wrote:At the beginning of this process, I'd never dreamed of leaving Colorado, but after wrestling with it for a few months, I've decided to withdraw. Looking to be back here in a few years, but in the interim, here's hoping one of you deserving folks gets my scholarship dollars.

Almost certainly headed to Ann Arbor unless the folks at Harvard decide to send some love my way. I know it's conventional TLS wisdom Michigan vs CU is a no-brainer, but I don't have any interest in East Coast BigLaw, my fiancee's family (and job) is all here in Colorado, and, well, it's Colorado. In the end, though, I talked some folks currently working here who thought Michigan wouldn't shut the door on Colorado and would keep other options open as well.

Edited to add rationale.

kdog1147

Postby kdog1147 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:47 pm

I have just had my application change from under review (for the second time) to decision rendered (for the second time). I haven't heard from them in am email or any piece of mail. I really hope I get in!

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:50 pm

cslouisck wrote:
espressocream wrote:

Almost certainly headed to Ann Arbor unless the folks at Harvard decide to send some love my way. I know it's conventional TLS wisdom Michigan vs CU is a no-brainer, but I don't have any interest in East Coast BigLaw, my fiancee's family (and job) is all here in Colorado, and, well, it's Colorado. In the end, though, I talked some folks currently working here who thought Michigan wouldn't shut the door on Colorado and would keep other options open as well.

Edited to add rationale.

Definitely won't shut the door, my dude. Although if I could go back, depending on how much money was in it I might have gone to Colorado instead. But that's because I don't really care about other options.

bchirco

Postby bchirco » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:15 pm

kdog1147 wrote:I have just had my application change from under review (for the second time) to decision rendered (for the second time). I haven't heard from them in am email or any piece of mail. I really hope I get in!

Ditto. Just went to DR today. I know they do WL via email but do they deny via email or snail mail?

ndel21

Postby ndel21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:30 pm

bchirco wrote:
kdog1147 wrote:I have just had my application change from under review (for the second time) to decision rendered (for the second time). I haven't heard from them in am email or any piece of mail. I really hope I get in!

Ditto. Just went to DR today. I know they do WL via email but do they deny via email or snail mail?

When did they go under review for a second time?

bchirco

Postby bchirco » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:38 pm

ndel21 wrote:
bchirco wrote:

This is my first time with a decision rendered. I was only under review once. I was wondering if they deny via snail mail or email.

ndel21

Postby ndel21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:39 pm

bchirco wrote:
ndel21 wrote:
bchirco wrote:

This is my first time with a decision rendered. I was only under review once. I was wondering if they deny via snail mail or email.

Sorry, that i do not know lol but hopefully you are not getting dinged!

chem!

Postby chem! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

My application went complete right after the December scores were released and went under review shortly thereafter. Received a waitlist email on April 10 and did nothing, since I'm in at SMU (where I live.) Figured that was that and just received an admittance email. You could knock me over with a feather right now.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:01 pm

chem! wrote:My application went complete right after the December scores were released and went under review shortly thereafter. Received a waitlist email on April 10 and did nothing, since I'm in at SMU (where I live.) Figured that was that and just received an admittance email. You could knock me over with a feather right now.

!!!

chem!

Postby chem! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm

LeDique wrote:
chem! wrote:My application went complete right after the December scores were released and went under review shortly thereafter. Received a waitlist email on April 10 and did nothing, since I'm in at SMU (where I live.) Figured that was that and just received an admittance email. You could knock me over with a feather right now.

!!!

I know, right? I'm in shock. Probably won't move, but it sure feels good.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm

chem! wrote:
LeDique wrote:

!!!

You should. I swear it's totally not been snowing all day today and Colorado is perfect.

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

LeDique wrote:
chem! wrote:
LeDique wrote:

!!!

You should. I swear it's totally not been snowing all day today and Colorado is perfect.

It's gorgeous out! We get more sunshine than CA!

kdog1147

Postby kdog1147 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 am

Just found out I got accepted off the waitlist! Looking forward to going

ndel21

Postby ndel21 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm

I was waitlisted, then on 4/18 i changed to under review again and had amounts on the seat deposits. I just checked again and the seat deposits dissapear, did that happen to anyone else??

mrglennicus

Postby mrglennicus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm

ndel21 wrote:I was waitlisted, then on 4/18 i changed to under review again and had amounts on the seat deposits. I just checked again and the seat deposits dissapear, did that happen to anyone else??

I wouldn't assume the worst, I've had lots of things disappear and reappear on all of my application status pages throughout this cycle. Hopefully it means you'll hear a decision soon!

On another note, how long have people waited for their scholly/financial info after receiving acceptance letters? The deposit deadline is approaching quickly...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”