George Mason 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm

IvyLeagueRedneck wrote:still waiting..."Decison made" has been on the status checker for a day and a half now. Assuming WL letter is on the way.


Hey, you never know.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm

got scholly info today, $8000/y

bamdog
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby bamdog » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:got scholly info today, $8000/y


if you dont mind sharing do you have the top 1/3 stip as well?

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:47 pm

bamdog wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:got scholly info today, $8000/y


if you dont mind sharing do you have the top 1/3 stip as well?

yup top 1/3 .. not my cup of tea.
I wonder if they negotiate? price is pretty good if they can bring the stip down.
Will be living with my soon to be fiancee in arlington if that happens

edit: spelling is hard

Abbey
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby Abbey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:27 pm

I took a look at their class GPA's during the ASD and it looks like staying in the top 1/3 means a GPA around 3.5

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby hoogs23 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:40 pm

the stip is ridiculous

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:57 pm

hoogs23 wrote:the stip is ridiculous

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:24 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:the stip is ridiculous

bergdd
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby bergdd » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm

I applied early decision and my application was put on hold (they told me they were going to put me with the regular admission applications). They told me I would hear from them by the end of March. Has this happened to anyone else? Have any other deferred to regular admission early decision people heard back yet?

User avatar
gitguy
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby gitguy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Just got an email that my fin aid award is ready to view. I did the registration for the user and pass and logged in, but the award is not posted yet. Does anyone know if that will include merit aid?

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 pm

gitguy wrote:Just got an email that my fin aid award is ready to view. I did the registration for the user and pass and logged in, but the award is not posted yet. Does anyone know if that will include merit aid?


Just got it too. Have no idea what's going on.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Who else is still waiting on scholly info?

ultrasajid
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ultrasajid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Just checking in to remind admitted students that seat deposits are due on 4/15. I guess since I visited, they knocked down the 4/15 deposit from $500 to $250, with the full $500 due by 6/1. So visit!

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby nba101790 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:22 pm

ironbmike wrote:Who else is still waiting on scholly info?

I got 8k, and am withdrawing.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 pm

nba101790 wrote:
ironbmike wrote:Who else is still waiting on scholly info?

I got 8k, and am withdrawing.


When were you admitted?

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby nba101790 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:30 pm

ironbmike wrote:
nba101790 wrote:
ironbmike wrote:Who else is still waiting on scholly info?

I got 8k, and am withdrawing.


When were you admitted?


Approximately a month ago.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm

nba101790 wrote:
ironbmike wrote:
nba101790 wrote:
ironbmike wrote:Who else is still waiting on scholly info?

I got 8k, and am withdrawing.


When were you admitted?


Approximately a month ago.


Thanks!

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:34 am

Ouch, new LST report not so good.

illiniguy1551
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby illiniguy1551 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 am

ironbmike wrote:Ouch, new LST report not so good.


Definitely not good.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Still nothing on scholarships even. And they haven't replied to my e-mail asking about it. Very disappointing in you GMU.

User avatar
deuceindc
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby deuceindc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 pm

ironbmike wrote:Still nothing on scholarships even. And they haven't replied to my e-mail asking about it. Very disappointing in you GMU.


Who did you email? I got a reply the next day.

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ironbmike » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

deuceindc wrote:
ironbmike wrote:Still nothing on scholarships even. And they haven't replied to my e-mail asking about it. Very disappointing in you GMU.


Who did you email? I got a reply the next day.


Not sure, some person in admissions. I sent another one today and I'll see if I get a response.

User avatar
gitguy
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby gitguy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:29 pm

ironbmike wrote:
deuceindc wrote:
ironbmike wrote:Still nothing on scholarships even. And they haven't replied to my e-mail asking about it. Very disappointing in you GMU.


Who did you email? I got a reply the next day.


Not sure, some person in admissions. I sent another one today and I'll see if I get a response.


I did the same and got a quick response. I contacted Alison Price in admissions. She informed me that the committee is meeting again tomorrow.

un bon avocat
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:08 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby un bon avocat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:51 am

Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist currently?

ultrasajid
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 am

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby ultrasajid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Got the $8000 and 1/3 stip scholarship today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu and 7 guests