George Mason 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nba101790

Re: George Mason 2016

Postby nba101790 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 pm

FWIW, I only got an email, direct from an associate dean and not from the form admissions email address, with no change on my status checker.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm

So from reading this thread, if I dont get a call/email today, I can pretty much assume I'm getting mailed a WL letter right?

ETA: Received waitlist letter today.

erin0715@me.com

Postby erin0715@me.com » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Awesome!
Just got an email about a scholarship award. They said that the amount will be stated in a letter that they sent to me via snail mail.

Anyone else receive anything like this?

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 pm

erin0715@me.com wrote:Awesome!
Just got an email about a scholarship award. They said that the amount will be stated in a letter that they sent to me via snail mail.

Not yet, but I'm certainly waiting on this.

Abbey

Postby Abbey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:43 pm

I also received this email today! The obsessive mail checking will officially start tomorrow. A decent amount of $ from Mason would be a welcome complication to my decision process.

Anyone familiar with how generous Mason has been in the past with scholarships?

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Abbey wrote:

I also received this email today! The obsessive mail checking will officially start tomorrow. A decent amount of $ from Mason would be a welcome complication to my decision process.

Anyone familiar with how generous Mason has been in the past with scholarships?

If LSN is any guide, not very generous.

tony2167

Postby tony2167 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Do you mind sharing your numbers? Just curious as to whether I'll be competitive for a scholarship or not. GMU is in state for me so even a modest offer from them would make things interesting.

bamdog

Postby bamdog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm

yep got the same email. kinda getting interested in george mason now that i got WL'ed at Washington and Lee. it'd be kind of cool to live near dc for a few years if i can find a place thats not ridiculously expensive.

Bphart

Postby Bphart » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Any joint degree-ers out there? I'm still in undergrad but will be applying to Mason next year, most likely for the JD/MPP program.

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Woo just got in ! Today is a good day for me . 2 acceptances within 30 min of each other

splitter165

Postby splitter165 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm

In via phone call. Complete as of 1/25. Good luck to those still waiting!

hoogs23

Postby hoogs23 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

if we do not get the email, does that mean we will not get a scholarship?

andlifegoeson

Postby andlifegoeson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Admitted via email 4 hours ago! Apparently, I would've gotten a call, but I'm out of the country right now.

< 3.1 / 162

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:45 pm

hoogs23 wrote:if we do not get the email, does that mean we will not get a scholarship?

:( hopefully we do...

deuceindc

Postby deuceindc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Just got the call. No scholarship decision yet, though. 3.0/167.

nba101790

Postby nba101790 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:if we do not get the email, does that mean we will not get a scholarship?

:( hopefully we do...

FWIW again, I didn't get a scholarship email yesterday but I did receive something about the Open House earlier in the week mentioning that scholarships would be released this week. So, I think it's still pretty up in the air.

ironbmike

Postby ironbmike » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:49 pm

I got the "Update on Mason Law Merit Scholarships" email today. It says "Yesterday we issued our first round of merit scholarships. Recipients were notified by email and by follow up letter." Since I got nothing from them yesterday, does that mean I didn't get any scholarship in the first round? That's a little disappointing...

hoogs23

Postby hoogs23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

ironbmike wrote:I got the "Update on Mason Law Merit Scholarships" email today. It says "Yesterday we issued our first round of merit scholarships. Recipients were notified by email and by follow up letter." Since I got nothing from them yesterday, does that mean I didn't get any scholarship in the first round? That's a little disappointing...

i got the same thing

lovelydarkanddeep

Postby lovelydarkanddeep » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

ironbmike wrote:I got the "Update on Mason Law Merit Scholarships" email today. It says "Yesterday we issued our first round of merit scholarships. Recipients were notified by email and by follow up letter." Since I got nothing from them yesterday, does that mean I didn't get any scholarship in the first round? That's a little disappointing...

LSN is showing not one single person with a scholarship listed for this cycle.

lookingin

Postby lookingin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 am

lovelydarkanddeep wrote:

I noticed that too but there is someone further up in this thread who says he/she got an email they had a scholarship but that the exact amount would be sent via snail-mail. So it's possible no one has just gotten their letter yet and don't know how much they've gotten, just that they are getting a scholarship.

I got the email about how notifications were sent out but that if I didn't get one yet, that didn't mean I wasn't getting one in a later round. Since they said the second round wouldn't be sent out until mid to late March, though, I emailed Admissions right back and asked if they might make an expedited decision on my file since other schools have already offered me scholarships, and I mentioned some of the offers. I got a reply that they would see what they could do and were happy I'd written them to let them know.

Idk if anyone else wants to do that, too, but maybe that would prompt them to send out the second round a little sooner!

Abbey

Postby Abbey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 am

anyone planning on attending the admitted students day?

lp871

Postby lp871 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:30 pm

lookingin wrote:
lovelydarkanddeep wrote:

I noticed that too but there is someone further up in this thread who says he/she got an email they had a scholarship but that the exact amount would be sent via snail-mail. So it's possible no one has just gotten their letter yet and don't know how much they've gotten, just that they are getting a scholarship.

I got the email about how notifications were sent out but that if I didn't get one yet, that didn't mean I wasn't getting one in a later round. Since they said the second round wouldn't be sent out until mid to late March, though, I emailed Admissions right back and asked if they might make an expedited decision on my file since other schools have already offered me scholarships, and I mentioned some of the offers. I got a reply that they would see what they could do and were happy I'd written them to let them know.

Idk if anyone else wants to do that, too, but maybe that would prompt them to send out the second round a little sooner!

I received both the e-mail about scholarship info coming soon, and then the one that I had received a scholarship. I e-mailed admissions asking about the amount since I am currently out of the country and they replied explaining that although I should see the letter for stipulations about rank/GPA, it's $20k/year for me. I was admitted back in December. My numbers - 164/3.67. Good luck everyone else :)

Abbey

Postby Abbey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

lp871 wrote:
lookingin wrote:
lovelydarkanddeep wrote:

I received both the e-mail about scholarship info coming soon, and then the one that I had received a scholarship. I e-mailed admissions asking about the amount since I am currently out of the country and they replied explaining that although I should see the letter for stipulations about rank/GPA, it's $20k/year for me. I was admitted back in December. My numbers - 164/3.67. Good luck everyone else :)

just curious- is that with virginia residency or out of state? congrats!

lp871

Postby lp871 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

ironbmike wrote:just curious- is that with virginia residency or out of state? congrats!

I wish it was with Virginia residency! Nope, I'm out-of-state.

Abbey

Postby Abbey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Letter just came in the mail - 10,000/yr scholarship. must stay in top 1/3 of class to renew each year. good luck to everyone else waiting! Mason continues to be a contender for me

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”