Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gator3719
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gator3719 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Hey guys, anyone know about how long it takes from the time the status checker changes from "File Pending for Decision" and the actual notification? I'm on pins and needles since I'm OOS and a splitter (162/3.12). Thanks!

MrSwaggums
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MrSwaggums » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Gator3719 wrote:Hey guys, anyone know about how long it takes from the time the status checker changes from "File Pending for Decision" and the actual notification? I'm on pins and needles since I'm OOS and a splitter (162/3.12). Thanks!


It just took a few days for mine once it was pending. Good luck, what other schools have you applied too?

Gator3719
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gator3719 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:18 pm

I just applied to the other schools in Kentucky since I have family there and I hope to practice there. Louisville and Chase were fairly quick in processing my application and I got accepted into both but UK is my first choice. Really kinda nervous since I have weak softs.

MrSwaggums
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MrSwaggums » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Gator3719 wrote:I just applied to the other schools in Kentucky since I have family there and I hope to practice there. Louisville and Chase were fairly quick in processing my application and I got accepted into both but UK is my first choice. Really kinda nervous since I have weak softs.


Yeah, I applied to UK/UL, didn't bother with Chase because their employment numbers are so awful. I am in-state with a 161/2.6 good LOR's, PS was tailored to UK. I got accepted with a 5k per year scholarship but I am going to try negotiate for more. With the way this cycles been I'd say you'll be accepted and given a scholarship equal to in-state more than likely.

Gator3719
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Gator3719 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Good luck on your negotiations, I've heard getting them to up the scholarship is doable but you have to be pretty persistent. I'll be thrilled if I can just get the in-state equalizer on top of getting in.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby togepi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:41 am

Can anyone shed any light on the job market in Lexington and Kentucky in general?

Just received scholarship info with out of state waived.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Kentucky c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby togepi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 am

togepi wrote:Can anyone shed any light on the job market in Lexington and Kentucky in general?

Just received scholarship info with out of state waived.


bump




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”