University of Richmond c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
1Mwaiting2016

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2016

Postby 1Mwaiting2016 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:59 pm

there hasn't been any wait list movement. Visited Richmond and spoke with both of the Deans last Friday and was told that there will be significant movement between 6/17-7/15.

lol gator32, if other people want to gamble and not pay their seat deposit, let them. That means people like me will get in.

Due to the fact that there was such a crazy first cycle, I highly doubt anyone will get a scholarship increase, unless someone with significant money drops out. Dean Rahman made it very clear that there is no money at the moment. I woudn't say anything about money right now if I were any of the people asking about money. On Monday, when they know who hasn't paid their second seat deposit, send them a very polite e-mail. In that e-mail, ask if you could be considered if money should become available. Just my opinion as an observer. And really if y'all want to play Russian Roulette and not pay your deposit, be my guest. I'd love your seat :D

jonp713

Postby jonp713 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey, I'm trying to get to know other UR Law class of 2016 students, I am excited to get started! Anyone had luck looking for housing?

jahacopo2221

Postby jahacopo2221 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:14 am

jonp713 wrote:Hey, I'm trying to get to know other UR Law class of 2016 students, I am excited to get started! Anyone had luck looking for housing?

Hey! Several of us DC-area future law spiders had dinner tonight in DC with Dean Rahman. Seems like we've got a pretty good group of people in our class if the group I met tonight is any indication! There were also a couple rising 3L's and 1 rising 2L, and they were friendly and helpful with answering questions. I can't wait to meet everyone else in August!!!

As for housing, that was a big topic of conversation tonight. Most people haven't got housing yet, but a few (including myself) do. A couple people are in the Estates at Horsepen (or maybe it's the villas at horsepen, I can't remember for sure), some people really want to live in the Fan and have found some good prospects there, and I will be in St John's Wood, because I was able to get an 1100 sq. ft. 2BR 'apartment' (really more of a townhouse set up) for $727/mo. The price and the hardwood parquet flooring throughout sold me, lol. :D

gator32

Postby gator32 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 am

1Mwaiting2016 wrote:there hasn't been any wait list movement. Visited Richmond and spoke with both of the Deans last Friday and was told that there will be significant movement between 6/17-7/15.

lol gator32, if other people want to gamble and not pay their seat deposit, let them. That means people like me will get in.

Due to the fact that there was such a crazy first cycle, I highly doubt anyone will get a scholarship increase, unless someone with significant money drops out. Dean Rahman made it very clear that there is no money at the moment. I woudn't say anything about money right now if I were any of the people asking about money. On Monday, when they know who hasn't paid their second seat deposit, send them a very polite e-mail. In that e-mail, ask if you could be considered if money should become available. Just my opinion as an observer. And really if y'all want to play Russian Roulette and not pay your deposit, be my guest. I'd love your seat :D

Hah - well, I am still pulling for some great news to come your way. Hopefully next week you get some! I am sure some people will miss the deadline... it is inevitable.

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:44 am

tony- the post deposit deadline scholly increases are annoying me. I tried to get some clarification on the financial aid situation, but they werent very helpful.

cathyzloo

Postby cathyzloo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 pm

bsktbll28082 wrote:tony- the post deposit deadline scholly increases are annoying me. I tried to get some clarification on the financial aid situation, but they werent very helpful.

wait a minute... people are getting scholarship increases post 2nd deposit? what!

gator32

Postby gator32 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 pm

jonp713 wrote:Hey, I'm trying to get to know other UR Law class of 2016 students, I am excited to get started! Anyone had luck looking for housing?

Having a hard time finding the right place myself. To be honest, I don't know where to really look besides craigslist to find apartments downtown.

pro se

Postby pro se » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Be sure to try Zillow too.

Link to all Richmond rentals:

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/Ri ... ect/11_zm/

Link to "Fan" rentals:

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/da ... wmbm_crid/

Keep in mind that VCU is becoming increasingly popular and many fan apartments and houses are occupied by VCU students- hence less availability.

The area right around S. Boulevard is close to everything parks, food, bars, shopping. I'd look there. Feel free to PM with questions- I live in the city.

tony2167

Postby tony2167 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:54 am

Similarly if anyone has questions about the area/housing/whatever, feel free to PM me. I live in the city as well.

If you want to stay away from the VCU undergrads I'd recommend the Museum district. That area is mostly young professionals and some families. VCU students tend not to stray further west than Boulevard. Oddly enough I have no idea where U of R undergrads live if not on campus. In all my years in the city I've never once met anyone who was enrolled there.

Zillow is definitely a good place to start. Doing a simple Google search for property management companies in Richmond will pull up a lot of different companies also.

pro se

Postby pro se » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

As I drove down Boulevard this morning, I noticed two companies that seemed to have most of the apartments for rent- Pollard and Bagby and Pierce Arrow Properties. There are certainly others... just FYI.

jonp713

Postby jonp713 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 pm

jahacopo2221 wrote:

Hey! Several of us DC-area future law spiders had dinner tonight in DC with Dean Rahman. Seems like we've got a pretty good group of people in our class if the group I met tonight is any indication! There were also a couple rising 3L's and 1 rising 2L, and they were friendly and helpful with answering questions. I can't wait to meet everyone else in August!!!

As for housing, that was a big topic of conversation tonight. Most people haven't got housing yet, but a few (including myself) do. A couple people are in the Estates at Horsepen (or maybe it's the villas at horsepen, I can't remember for sure), some people really want to live in the Fan and have found some good prospects there, and I will be in St John's Wood, because I was able to get an 1100 sq. ft. 2BR 'apartment' (really more of a townhouse set up) for $727/mo. The price and the hardwood parquet flooring throughout sold me, lol. :D

I actually just had dinner with her and 2 other Philly alums. I've been in pretty constant contact with her, and am very excited to get started!

Carter N

Postby Carter N » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 pm

With regard to scholarship increases: I am a firm believer that there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to how UofR does things. I got my first scholarship offer (12k/yr) AFTER my first seat deposit and then got a bump in my offer (20k/yr) before making my second seat deposit. My numbers are not top notch either.

With respect to housing: I have been living in Richmond since January because of work. I just recently moved out of downtown into the west end (Village at Horsepen). I highly recommend my neighborhood to student trying to live on a budget but have a nice, quiet, and safe neighborhood right around the corner from school (bike ride distance).

Carter N

Postby Carter N » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Also, anyone who is 100% going to Richmond should head over to ---> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=207933 8)

jahacopo2221

Postby jahacopo2221 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 pm

First posted on the 'decision-made board' for University of Richmond Class of 2016, but I know most of you haven't hopped over to that board yet: I went to pick up my ID card on Monday, and Dean Rahman said they hoped to have the sections assigned and sent out by this week or next. I'm figuring with the holiday, it'll be next week, so keep your eyes peeled then! Can't wait to find out who I'll be suffering alongside! :wink:

Carter N

Postby Carter N » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:47 am

I have created a Facebook group for attending students. https://www.facebook.com/groups/543059105758453/

DallasGal

Postby DallasGal » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Everyone! I am attending a brand new law school in Dallas where we have Professor Epstein guest teaching us the Contracts class this year. I was curious how your first year went with him and if by chance you would be willing to share or assist with an outline for this class. Most people have suggested finding someone in the class ahead of you, but since we are a brand new school that is a little impossible. Thought I would give it a shot to reach out to someone on here.

Hope your first year went well and thank you!

:D

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Just watch his barbri lecture on contracts. I assume his class is exactly the same.

DallasGal

Postby DallasGal » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Thank you for the advise! Do you know the best place to download the barbri lecture?

Care to share your Contracts outline? If not then no worries... appreciate the help either way.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”