University of Richmond c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Carter N

New

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2016

Post by Carter N » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm

crossingfingers wrote:I would hold off on the email. So far the most anyone's heard is that info is coming sometime this month. No one (at least that I've heard of) has received anything yet. Congrats, by the way!
In my mind that may be more of a reason to email. If they haven't made final decisions concerning aide and I wasn't being considered I need to let me need be known. With my numbers I'm definitely not going to be a candidate for merit scholarships but I'm not sure how the need based scholarship is decided upon.

Also thank you!

Pip42

Bronze

Post by Pip42 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 am

Carter N wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:I would hold off on the email. So far the most anyone's heard is that info is coming sometime this month. No one (at least that I've heard of) has received anything yet. Congrats, by the way!
In my mind that may be more of a reason to email. If they haven't made final decisions concerning aide and I wasn't being considered I need to let me need be known. With my numbers I'm definitely not going to be a candidate for merit scholarships but I'm not sure how the need based scholarship is decided upon.

Also thank you!
I think you might be surprised. Never let a school know you don't expect a scholarship. As for need based aid - do your taxes and then fill out the FAFSA. All you can do really.

Carter N

New

Post by Carter N » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Pip42 wrote:
Carter N wrote:

Also thank you!
I think you might be surprised. Never let a school know you don't expect a scholarship. As for need based aid - do your taxes and then fill out the FAFSA. All you can do really.
So that is how Richmond decides on the need based scholarships, FASFA? Fair enough, ill wait on it. Thanks dudes.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 am

This acknowledges receipt of your 2013 application for admission to the University of Richmond School of Law.

Upon receipt of your CAS Report from LSAC, your file will be ready for review. We will notify you via email should there be any missing materials needed.

---

So, basically, this email is informing me that they have received the hard copy of my application while also explaining to me what happens upon "receipt" of the hard copy.

I know this seems pretty simple, but the structure of the email made me think twice.

For those who have been through this process, does this mean that I should keep my phone on loud in anticipation of a phone call from the dean this week?

Thanks.

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

dirtrida2 wrote:This acknowledges receipt of your 2013 application for admission to the University of Richmond School of Law.

Upon receipt of your CAS Report from LSAC, your file will be ready for review. We will notify you via email should there be any missing materials needed.

---

So, basically, this email is informing me that they have received the hard copy of my application while also explaining to me what happens upon "receipt" of the hard copy.

I know this seems pretty simple, but the structure of the email made me think twice.

For those who have been through this process, does this mean that I should keep my phone on loud in anticipation of a phone call from the dean this week?

Thanks.
After I got that e-mail I got a call the next day so from my experience I'd say keep your phone nearby :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 am

Psib337 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:This acknowledges receipt of your 2013 application for admission to the University of Richmond School of Law.

---

Thanks.
After I got that e-mail I got a call the next day so from my experience I'd say keep your phone nearby :wink:
Thanks for the tip, that is the sense I got from this thread; they seem to call shortly after reaching out via email.
Wont be this week. Unless you have super numbers in which case you wouldn't even worry about hearing back from them.
I have solid numbers, but I am just going on what I've witnessed from this thread.

I submitted my apps a little late; excited to get the cycle going.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Wait...I just read over my received email....what's this dean's certificate thing?

You need to contact the dean of your undergrad and have them send over a letter certifying that you don't have any outstanding C&F's. If you did have issues with conduct at your undergrad you better hope that you listed them in your application; the admissions committee is is basically testing your honesty.

Don't worry, this will not slow down the application process - this letter just needs to be in if you decide to enroll.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 am

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Wait...I just read over my received email....what's this dean's certificate thing?

You need to contact the dean of your undergrad and have them send over a letter certifying that you don't have any outstanding C&F's. If you did have issues with conduct at your undergrad you better hope that you listed them in your application; the admissions committee is is basically testing your honesty.

Don't worry, this will not slow down the application process - this letter just needs to be in if you decide to enroll.
Ah. I heard of having to do that when you enroll but not for admissions. I thought that may have been why I haven't heard anything yet but I GUESS ITS JUST CAUSE IM A SHITTY APPLICANT.

and no I didn't have any issues...
Hahah, how long has it been since you received that email? Average turn-around in this thread has been fairly quick. That probably doesn't make you feel any better.

If we took your LSAT and my GPA we would be a GREAT applicant.
Last edited by dirtrida2 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Oh shiz .....I sent it then 1/03 but I had something outstanding so it didn't go complete til sometime between the 15-22.....the lsac messed up my transcript report at first and caused it to get delayed.

That's got to be frustrating - well here's to hoping a phone call comes in soon.

Not sure what part of the country you're from but its 3am here - time to hit the sack!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:2 am here....freaking out about this LSAC thing. I just logged on and my reports sections is going crazy...
That's weird, my submissions went quite smoothly - most of my applications are already under review - I submitted all my apps late last week.

How do you know its going crazy?

The normal process goes from Transmitted to Sent - takes an hour at most.

*edit*

I always tell myself I am going to get to bed at a decent hour - never happens.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 am

Just checked it out, I see what you mean.

That's quite unfortunate, especially for a paid service!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:16 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony2167

Bronze

Post by tony2167 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:What's the area code they call from? I usually don't answer unknown numbers.
804. That's a pretty bad strategy, being in the middle of an application cycle and everything.

BBB

New

Post by BBB » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 am

Did anyone get a follow up snail mail after acceptance? Mine had no mention of money accept 'scholarship awarded at entry level'. Has anyone heard about awards yet?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm

BBB wrote:Did anyone get a follow up snail mail after acceptance? Mine had no mention of money accept 'scholarship awarded at entry level'. Has anyone heard about awards yet?
There was nothing about scholarship money in the packet they sent me so I'm assuming it's coming later.

As far as the Dean's Certificate goes I didn't know about it until a week after I sent my application in. I sent it to my UG as soon as I found out but they admitted me without it anyway and just told me to get it in as soon as possible so I don't think it's a big deal if they don't have it.

ced0007

New

Post by ced0007 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Psib337 wrote:
BBB wrote:Did anyone get a follow up snail mail after acceptance? Mine had no mention of money accept 'scholarship awarded at entry level'. Has anyone heard about awards yet?
There was nothing about scholarship money in the packet they sent me so I'm assuming it's coming later.

As far as the Dean's Certificate goes I didn't know about it until a week after I sent my application in. I sent it to my UG as soon as I found out but they admitted me without it anyway and just told me to get it in as soon as possible so I don't think it's a big deal if they don't have it.
My understanding is that the Dean's Certificate is only necessary for enrolling.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 pm

ced0007 wrote:
Psib337 wrote:

My understanding is that the Dean's Certificate is only necessary for enrolling.
Yes - you will still get an admissions response without it.

Bronze

Post by 1693 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Checking in - been waiting since November to hear back from UofR. It's a nice campus but a pricey school. I think Richmond is a great city and Virginia is an awesome state. hoping for good news!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”