University of Richmond c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Gold

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2016

Post by wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Per year or overall (and to answer your question I havent of course)

Greyhound42

New

Post by Greyhound42 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Per year or overall (and to answer your question I havent of course)
Per year

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Did you guys receive your offer with your admission packet? I got my packet and it doesn't have an offer and the wording in the letter is kinda ambiguous

Carter N

New

Post by Carter N » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Did you guys receive your offer with your admission packet? I got my packet and it doesn't have an offer and the wording in the letter is kinda ambiguous
Scholarship offers are always separate from the acceptance packet. Also, all of Richmond's offers are year based, not semester or total 3 years ( i.e. if your offer says 25k it means 25k/year)

Thisisnotimetopanic!

New

Post by Thisisnotimetopanic! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:01 am

Apparently this is an appropriate time to panic. Seems like Richmond,W&M and others have just been accepting people up to this point...I guess if we haven't heard by this point they were like, "nah brah" and we will soon get a WL or ding. Sigh
*I applied at the end of Jan*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leilz

New

Post by leilz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Thisisnotimetopanic! wrote:Apparently this is an appropriate time to panic. Seems like Richmond,W&M and others have just been accepting people up to this point...I guess if we haven't heard by this point they were like, "nah brah" and we will soon get a WL or ding. Sigh
I like the appropriate username :P

This is the path of logic that my brain is currently following, since Richmond is the only school out of my first set of applications that I haven't heard from yet. I'm guessing my app went complete around 1/25 (because that's when my others did..) even though I got the email 1/22 (two of my transcripts hadn't been processed at that time, so I know it wasn't actually complete).

Here's to hoping good news is still to come...

tony2167

Bronze

Post by tony2167 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Thisisnotimetopanic! wrote:Apparently this is an appropriate time to panic. Seems like Richmond,W&M and others have just been accepting people up to this point...I guess if we haven't heard by this point they were like, "nah brah" and we will soon get a WL or ding. Sigh
I applied back in November and heard back from U of R in just a couple weeks. W&M, on the other hand, has been completely silent since my app went complete on 11/14.

Greyhound42

New

Post by Greyhound42 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 pm

tony2167 wrote:
I applied back in November and heard back from U of R in just a couple weeks. W&M, on the other hand, has been completely silent since my app went complete on 11/14.
Wow, I was the exact opposite. I was complete around 11/10 to ~10 schools, W & M was the first to reply, and U of R was the absolute last, waiting all the way until a few weeks ago!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 am

Greyhound42 wrote:
tony2167 wrote:
Wow, I was the exact opposite. I was complete around 11/10 to ~10 schools, W & M was the first to reply, and U of R was the absolute last, waiting all the way until a few weeks ago!
still waiting for both :/ 2.98/165 I don't think it's gonna work out too well

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Acronin689

New

Post by Acronin689 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 pm

In today by phone call!

No mention of scholarship, does that come in the packet or later?

Carter N

New

Post by Carter N » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Are you all doing anything to prepare for law school (besides financial preparations)? Since getting in I have not thought about it at all.

alawstudentsometime

Bronze

Post by alawstudentsometime » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Carter N wrote:Are you all doing anything to prepare for law school (besides financial preparations)? Since getting in I have not thought about it at all.
I am in the middle of Getting to Maybe. I have a TON of prep materials. In fact, I have two extra copies of books (Planet Law School II and Learning Legal Reasoning). I'll mail them to you for $12.00, free shipping, if you want--as a fellow Richmond 0L.

Also I have been exercising every day. Just trying to stay motivated and consistant.

Got an invite to have dinner with Dean Rahman in SF this coming Saturday as I live in Northern California. Will any of you be there?

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Carter N wrote:Are you all doing anything to prepare for law school (besides financial preparations)? Since getting in I have not thought about it at all.
Reading GTM, doing LEEWS over the summer (maybe), working out and getting healthy (investing about a grand on new suit(s)), getting immune to every known disease (ain't got time for that in law school).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Carter N

New

Post by Carter N » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
Reading GTM, doing LEEWS over the summer (maybe), working out and getting healthy (investing about a grand on new suit(s)), getting immune to every known disease (ain't got time for that in law school).
Glad someone else is gonna suit up errday with me 8)
alawstudentsometime wrote:
I am in the middle of Getting to Maybe. I have a TON of prep materials. In fact, I have two extra copies of books (Planet Law School II and Learning Legal Reasoning). I'll mail them to you for $12.00, free shipping, if you want--as a fellow Richmond 0L.

Also I have been exercising every day. Just trying to stay motivated and consistant.

Got an invite to have dinner with Dean Rahman in SF this coming Saturday as I live in Northern California. Will any of you be there?
Got an email about dinner in D.C. but I am actually in Richmond so I'll probably do it down here.

Sounds like I should be doing some serious studying or something. Currently working for a Representative in the Virginia House of Delegates so aside from being super busy (and the exposure to legislative things) I am not preparing at all.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Finally got my acceptance call haha
glad I got accepted :D

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Post by Snowboarder1588 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:Finally got my acceptance call haha
Did you get the call yesterday?

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Today weirdly enough haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

URlaw

New

Post by URlaw » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 am

Hey everyone, I'm currently a 1L at UR. Congrats to those of you who have been accepted so far! To those of you still waiting to be hear back/those who have been waitlisted, be patient and don't freak out, UR accepts people even into July. I know when I was a 0L I had no idea what I should expect, how things work at UR etc. and found 1L advise helpful on these boards so I figured I'd extend the same courtesy. If any of ya'll have any questions feel free to ask, we're currently on SB so I should have more time than usual to respond. Once again congrats and I hope ya'll are looking forward to a great first year at UR.

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Post by Snowboarder1588 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:40 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Congratz!! I guess they like working the weekends, lol

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
Congratz!! I guess they like working the weekends, lol
Haha thanks ! Do you know when they announce scholly?

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:09 pm

They would have told you over the phone.

If not, you have to wait around hoping that they find some money to push your way come April.

They seem to be very stingy or they are waiting to see if better applicants accept the scholarships.

For a school ranked 58, I was expecting something.

Wake gave me 20k a year, and their tuition is 40k, while Richmond is 35k and gave nothing. I really like the school and the area its located, hence my disappointment.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:14 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
They would have told you over the phone.

If not, you have to wait around hoping that they find some money to push your way come April.

They seem to be very stingy or they are waiting to see if better applicants accept the scholarships.

For a school ranked 58, I was expecting something.

Wake gave me 20k a year, and their tuition is 40k, while Richmond is 35k and gave nothing. I really like the school and the area its located, hence my disappointment.
Damn :/ yeah I got 25/y from w&l so I was hoping for some more from rich... I really like the area and their placement in Richmond

fragrock

Bronze

Post by fragrock » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Just FYI I didn't get told over the phone, had no initial scholarship with my acceptance package and received $25,000 several weeks later. I would call to check 2-3 weeks after your call, and If not then, then definitely there may be some leeway after the deposit deadline when they know how much money is freed up.

Greyhound42

New

Post by Greyhound42 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

I can vouch for the fact that not all scholarships are given over the phone. I was awarded 25k a few days in an email a few days after a phone call with no mention of a scholarship.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 pm

fragrock wrote:Just FYI I didn't get told over the phone, had no initial scholarship with my acceptance package and received $25,000 several weeks later. I would call to check 2-3 weeks after your call, and If not then, then definitely there may be some leeway after the deposit deadline when they know how much money is freed up.
Greyhound42 wrote:I can vouch for the fact that not all scholarships are given over the phone. I was awarded 25k a few days in an email a few days after a phone call with no mention of a scholarship.
This is comforting.. Okay I just need to relax and see what happens. Should I email and ask them next week if Richmond stays quiet? Since deposit days are close

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”