University of Richmond c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
1Mwaiting2016

New

Re: University of Richmond c/o 2016

Post by 1Mwaiting2016 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
1Mwaiting2016 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
1Mwaiting2016 wrote:I just called a few minutes ago. They are in a "holding period", so their class is full at the moment. People have to withdraw in order for them to make more offers... :cry:
Trust me, its not full.

I didn't even submit my first seat deposit and they called me back increasing my award and extending my deposit date.

They are just holding out hope that those with higher numbers than you register.

Either way, you would probably benefit from a retake =)
yeah... i'm at the 3 in a certain time period. sooooooooo
Well I applaud you for at least seeing the benefit of a retake.

Good luck on the waitlist, I have already seen some people receive $$ as they came off.
Thanks! I appreciate that, I'm being pretty optimistic. Dean Rahman was very positive when I last spoke with her. They are giving you until this Friday (4/26) to make a decision, correct?

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 pm

I am pretty sure you are correct; honestly I only half-heartedly listened to the voicemail.

PM me your numbers as I am curious as per your odds.

harris4

New

Post by harris4 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm

I called in and Dean Rahman said that she won't really have any idea about the waiting list until next Monday. More waiting.

gator32

New

Post by gator32 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Spoke with an assistant dean about upping my scholarship off the waitlist and no luck so far. I am going to try speaking with Dean Rahman later this week, will update on my luck.

Carter N

New

Post by Carter N » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm

They probably have a certain number of offers that they will have out at one time and when they say the "class is full" this is what they mean (they have their maximum number of offers out).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gator32

New

Post by gator32 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Couldn't get them to budge on the WL offer despite having a (very) slightly cheaper & higher ranked option. Oh well. Strongly considering attending anyways as I would love to move back to VA. Anybody have recommendations on where to look for housing? Or does the school have a fbook or something for finding roommates? Thanks!

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Another schmuck waiting for a phone call. Does anyone have any idea how long the priority wait list is? Or if they usually get to everyone on it eventually?

1Mwaiting2016

New

Post by 1Mwaiting2016 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Bfisher6 wrote:Another schmuck waiting for a phone call. Does anyone have any idea how long the priority wait list is? Or if they usually get to everyone on it eventually?
Are you priority wait list or regular?
No ones been pulled off the regular wait list yet

1Mwaiting2016

New

Post by 1Mwaiting2016 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 pm

gator32 wrote:Couldn't get them to budge on the WL offer despite having a (very) slightly cheaper & higher ranked option. Oh well. Strongly considering attending anyways as I would love to move back to VA. Anybody have recommendations on where to look for housing? Or does the school have a fbook or something for finding roommates? Thanks!
Website has a whole section on apartments and how to find housing. There also should be an intranet system on Richmond's website for admitted students.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gator32

New

Post by gator32 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 pm

1Mwaiting2016 wrote:
gator32 wrote:Couldn't get them to budge on the WL offer despite having a (very) slightly cheaper & higher ranked option. Oh well. Strongly considering attending anyways as I would love to move back to VA. Anybody have recommendations on where to look for housing? Or does the school have a fbook or something for finding roommates? Thanks!
Website has a whole section on apartments and how to find housing. There also should be an intranet system on Richmond's website for admitted students.
Thanks! I saw that and was hoping for more of a forum to meet a roommate, unless any TLSers are looking for one. I'll have made a decision by tomorrow for sure but looks like I'll be attending. Walking away from UF is tougher than I thought it would be...

Also, Richmond needs to throw an acceptance your way already.

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:38 am

1Mwaiting2016 wrote:
Bfisher6 wrote:Another schmuck waiting for a phone call. Does anyone have any idea how long the priority wait list is? Or if they usually get to everyone on it eventually?
Are you priority wait list or regular?
No ones been pulled off the regular wait list yet

Priority.

Nesnesitelna

New

Post by Nesnesitelna » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:30 am

ironbmike wrote:How many people are going to Richmond from out of state? Are you looking to stay in Richmond to work?
Little late on this reply, but Arizonan reporting in. I think I'd like to work in Richmond or elsewhere in Virginia or DC after law school.

tony2167

Bronze

Post by tony2167 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 am

^Interesting, do you have prior ties to VA?

Also, looking on the admitted student intranet thing and from my experience at ASD, it seems like quite a few people are coming from out of state (primarily the northeast). I know U of R's undergrad only pulls something like 15% of its' student body from VA.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

1Mwaiting2016

New

Post by 1Mwaiting2016 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am

Officially getting discouraged by the fact that they still have people on the proiority wait list an the fact that so many new people that have never posted here are suddenly attending... :cry:

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 am

Nesnesitelna wrote:
ironbmike wrote:How many people are going to Richmond from out of state? Are you looking to stay in Richmond to work?
Little late on this reply, but Arizonan reporting in. I think I'd like to work in Richmond or elsewhere in Virginia or DC after law school.
If I get in, I'll be moving from Pittsburgh, PA, UG at WVU. My partner is from Richmond and we plan on settling down there eventually.

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

1Mwaiting2016 wrote:Officially getting discouraged by the fact that they still have people on the proiority wait list an the fact that so many new people that have never posted here are suddenly attending... :cry:
It's super frustrating that the seat deposit deadline was extended, but I'm slightly less anxious knowing that the wait list isn't moving right now and that's why I'm not getting a call. I know that they're worried about keeping their LSAT average up though, and I know that's what's dragging me down :(

gator32

New

Post by gator32 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:10 am

Man, I am so conflicted... I want to move back to VA so much but just scared by the fact that UVA, W&L, W&M, and GMU are all there too. I know UR is a good school just worried about the competition for positions in and around Richmond.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

1Mwaiting2016

New

Post by 1Mwaiting2016 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 am

Bfisher6 wrote:
1Mwaiting2016 wrote:Officially getting discouraged by the fact that they still have people on the proiority wait list an the fact that so many new people that have never posted here are suddenly attending... :cry:
It's super frustrating that the seat deposit deadline was extended, but I'm slightly less anxious knowing that the wait list isn't moving right now and that's why I'm not getting a call. I know that they're worried about keeping their LSAT average up though, and I know that's what's dragging me down :(
at least your priority tho! You should get a call next week. I'm on the regular wait list.

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am

1Mwaiting2016 wrote:
Bfisher6 wrote:
at least your priority tho! You should get a call next week. I'm on the regular wait list.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just starting to wonder if I should be bargaining for money at my safety school at this point. Have you put a deposit down elsewhere?

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am

gator32 wrote:Man, I am so conflicted... I want to move back to VA so much but just scared by the fact that UVA, W&L, W&M, and GMU are all there too. I know UR is a good school just worried about the competition for positions in and around Richmond.
I worry about that, too, but I also know that I want to practice around Richmond, and no matter how competitive it is amongst other VA schools, it's nothing compared to trying to break the market from a PA school. It's going to be REALLY hard for me to leave my current location though, so I can relate.

1Mwaiting2016

New

Post by 1Mwaiting2016 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am

No deposits else where. I made it very clear to Dean Rahman where I want to be. She told me in March that I should expect an answer (I assumed acceptance) by mid-April. Even called the front office on Monday and said if accepted I will deposit immediately.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tony2167

Bronze

Post by tony2167 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 am

gator32 wrote:Man, I am so conflicted... I want to move back to VA so much but just scared by the fact that UVA, W&L, W&M, and GMU are all there too. I know UR is a good school just worried about the competition for positions in and around Richmond.
Well, GMU grads typically stay in NoVA or try to go to DC. W&L places only a quarter of their grads in VA,and W&M only puts 35% of their class in VA. Richmond places over 50% of grads in the state. U of R also has a higher FT-LT employment rate than all these schools when you discount the 20% school-funded jobs at W&M. Obviously, you can't really compare UVA to U of R, but only 13% of UVA grads stay in-state (though, if a UVA grad is competing against a U of R grad, UVA is gonna win every time).

I really feel Richmond is good choice if you want to stay in VA and especially if you want to work/live in Richmond after graduation. If you're hoping to crack DC or an out of state market, however, it's a different story.

Bfisher6

New

Post by Bfisher6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Spoke with Dean Rahman about two hours ago and accepted a seat. Shwew.

gator32

New

Post by gator32 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Alright, thanks for the reassurance everyone. Put down a deposit. Damn it was tough turning down UF. Really one of the toughest decisions of my life. Wow.

Congrats on everyone attending - looking forward to meeting you in the fall! If anyone needs a roommate/looking for housing let me know!

bsktbll28082

Silver

Post by bsktbll28082 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Can someone tell me a list of good things about UR? I deposited there and people keep telling me to retake the LSAT. I can consider that of course, just want to see what is positive about Richmond.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”